Earth 1862 AD

You open the scenario as a Notepad file (XML) and remove those lines:
Victory=VICTORY_TIME
Victory=VICTORY_CULTURAL
Victory=VICTORY_SPACE_RACE
Victory=VICTORY_DIPLOMATIC

Two more questions guys...(sorry!!)...

#1 - How can I delete airships from the mod? Airships annoy me more than anything in the game!!!!!!!!!! If so, please explain how, briefly.

#2 - Can I make Russia's favorite civic State Property somehow?...and Ottoman, and Germany's Fascism?...If so, please explain how, briefly.

Two more questions guys...(sorry!!)...

#1 - How can I delete airships from the mod? Airships annoy me more than anything in the game!!!!!!!!!! If so, please explain how, briefly.

#2 - Can I make Russia's favorite civic State Property somehow?...and Ottoman, and Germany's Fascism?...If so, please explain how, briefly.

this isnt a mod but changing those things would require complication over my head:p

Just took a sneak peek at the screenshots: looking good! (One nitpicky remark: as a Dutchman I couldn't help noticing queen Wilhelmina; I don't think she had been born yet in 1862. Officially - off the top of my head - I think it was king Willem III at the time.) Nice touch on the Boers by the way!:D

I took a look at those screenshots, they good. Good Job, BUt what made you think of KING WILLIAm? I never found any thing like that!!

This is a great scenario - excellent balance and reasonable historical accuracy.

I started a game with Russia on Prince or Monarch (can't remember which), Marathon. It's nice and historically accurate how their infrastructure is completely undeveloped. Their cities in Asia (lot of them are tundra/ice junk cities) have no improvements and no roads between them. No problem, I started off with every city building a worker to get a head start on improving those cities and even more importantly connecting them so I can move troops back and forth. Russia becomes very powerful quickly if you do that, but if the AI takes control, it must take much longer for it to build enough workers so the scenario is nicely balanced if a human plays another civ.

The entire army I had in the beginning in the European part (a few Cossacks, Riflemen and 2 Cannons) was sent against the Scandinavians. Once I captured 3 cities, they capitulated (mid 1860's) even though my offensive was gassed.

My cities by now started to increase drastically in productivity (particularly the European ones) and I had an army of 20+ Cossacks and a few Cannon. I attacked another weak link in the Ottomans and conquered the whole Asia Minor and most of the Middle East (Bagdad, Jerusalem, Mecca, etc). Jerusalem and Mecca shrine income along with a switch to State Property allowed me to raise research from 20 to 90%. It's a huge challenge to play this scenario without adopting State Property as Russia. The maintenance costs are crippling.

Ottomans became voluntary vassals of China (~1870) and China captured Ulan Ude (they had Infantry and myself only Cossacks and Riflemen). It took my troops about 6-7 turns to get to Ulan Ude, but when they did, China was routed and they paid me gold for peace. By 1877 where I am now, the Trans-Siberian railway is finished (I first built roads and then the railroad) and even the northern Siberian cities are connected by roads. I'm preparing my next attack against the Austrians followed by Italy since they are ahead in tech. I'm 2nd in GNP, tops in Prod, and tops in Power. I'll probably win domination. This scenario rocks!!

Great mod, but one suggestion. The load time lasts forever. Minutes on my computer. I know that all larger files like this will take longer, however a while ago I noticed that in certain games there would be a point after which the load time would go about ten times longer than before, without a corrolating increase in file size.

I traced the long load time back to the Great Wall. If you remove it from the map things will go much faster. It was obsolete under the Qing by 1862 anyhow.

Great mod, but one suggestion. The load time lasts forever. Minutes on my computer. I know that all larger files like this will take longer, however a while ago I noticed that in certain games there would be a point after which the load time would go about ten times longer than before, without a corrolating increase in file size.

I traced the long load time back to the Great Wall. If you remove it from the map things will go much faster. It was obsolete under the Qing by 1862 anyhow.

Out of curiosity, how did you trace this?

I had a suspicion, since it always seemed to jump right after the wall appeared on the map. So I did extensive experimentation in dozens of different games. Removing the wall always makes things load better. Not great in huge, late games, but better.

I love scenarios like this, plan to d/l when I get to my home computer.

I'm working on one of my own, for "American Colonization, 1600 a.d."

Hey um do you have a warlords version of this? It says so in your defualt quote thingy

Downloaded this yesterday and played as Victoria - just to get a feel for it. Great scenario although techs do move too fast. Lots of play opportunities. Will try Union next.

I´ve played several turns at the scenario and I enjoyed very much. But, I saw two mistakes.

Marianas islands, Palaos and Carolinas islands belongs to Iberican empire in 1862. In 1899 Germany bought these islands to Iberican empire, except Guam (belongs to USA since 1898).
In 1885 the Pope Leon XIII gave to Germany some trading rights in the zone but the posesion are spanish (Iberican empire)

For more information you can read it in wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_Islands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Islands

For the other hand, the city of Santo Domingo should changed to Puerto Rico

I played as Union and found it pretty easy at Noble. Took out the Confederacy and then marched South through Mexico and took S. America. Turned around and took Canada (Confederacy again!). Then took on Russia and various parts of Africa. Eventually launched spaceship but won on domination before the spaceship landed.

Later tried China but it was very difficult since tech was behind and too many borders to protect. I did take Vietnam and Thailand and eventually kicked Britain out of India but Russia always loomed. I think it might have been better to attack Russia first. Did not finish the game.

Trying the French now.

Lokolus

I enjoyed very much with 1852 scenario. I played with the Iberian Empire in the monarch level.
I had a fragmented empire with posesions in America (Cuba), in Africa (Angola and Mozanbique), Asia (Philipines) and Europe (iberian land). Another handicaps are the big distance of posesions and many borders with diferents civilizations to protect.
At the first time I conquisted the barabrian citys of Caracas and Marraquesh. The last one caused the war with the french. This war I win it, I added Madagascar, Burdeos and North west Africa.
Few turns after the peace with the french, the english and the italian (with his allied 4 or 5 civs more) declared the war to me. Both civs was at the same level of development that iberian empire.
Finally in 1910 the situation became a hell on earth. All civs allied against me and...

In spite of this end I repeat: I enjoyed very much. Sure I will played again with it.

Top Bottom