EDCNs (Expanded Dynamic Civ Names) new thread

Revision/expansion of Persian vassal names:
(The information I use comes from Wikipedia:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxation_districts_of_the_Achaemenid_Empire)
Byzantium as Persia vassal: Third Satrapy
Phoenicia as Persia vassal: Fifth Satrapy(Currently is Arabia,But according to the wiki, the Satrapy does not include Arab territory, but includes most of the Phoenicia)
Mughal as Persia vassal: Seventh Satrapy
Turkic as Persia vassal: Sixteenth Satrapy(Currently vassal name is the Sogdiana, and according to the wiki, Sogdiana are included in Sixteenth Satrapy)
Russia as Persia vassal: Nineteenth Satrapy

We should extrapolate the satrapy system to the whole world.
It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries, The Shahanshah has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of the Nine Hundred Thirty-Six Sextillion, Seven Hundred Twenty-Eight Quintillion, One Hundred Forty-Five Thousand Quadrillion, Three Hundred Thirty-Three Trillion, Six Hundred Seventy-Eight Billion, Twenty-Three Million, Nine Hundred Eleven Thousand, Eight Hundred Eleventh - System.OutOfMemoryException

Swedish Dynamic Names(Most of them come from existing Viking dynamic names)
Sweden Peoples
Kingdom of Sweden - Default
Swedish Empire
Republic of Sweden(Non Monarch)
National Gathering of Sweden(Fascist)
Democratic Republic of Sweden(Communist)
Sweden control Norway:Sweden-Norway
Sweden control Norway and Denmark:Kalmar Union
Sweden control entire North Europe region:Scandinavia

Vassal Name:
Default vassal name: Besittningar/Dominion
America as Sweden vassal:New Sweden
Mali as Sweden vassal:Swedish Gold Coast
Prussia as Sweden vassal:Besittningar/Dominion of Pomerania
Holy Roman as Sweden vassal:Besittningar/Dominion of Bremen-Verden

Viking/Danish Dynamic Vassal Name:
Holy Roman as Viking/Danmark vassal: Duchy of Holstein
Prussia as Viking/Danmark vassal: Duchy of Schleswig(Perhaps these two are too absurd? )
Mali as Viking/Denmark vassal: Danish Gold Coast
Canada as Viking/Denmark vassal: Vinland
England as Viking/Denmark vassal: Danelaw
Rus as Viking/Denmark vassal: Garðaríki Principalities
Russia as Viking/Denmark vassal: Varangian Principalities
Arabia as Viking/Denmark vassal: Serkland Principalities
Byzantium as Viking/Denmark vassal: Miklagarðr Principalities
Celts as Viking/Denmark vassal: Kingdom of Dublin

Last edited:
Italy Dynamic vassal name(I'm surprised that the doc doesn't seem to have any Italian vassal related names.at least Italian East Africa should exist)
Byzantium as Italy vassal: Latin Empire(Obviously, Venice deserves it)
Ethiopia as Italy vassal: Italian East Africa
Mali as Italy vassal: Italian West Africa
Phoenicia as Italy vassal: Italian North Africa/Fourth Shore(Perhaps the latter could serve as the exclusive name for fascist Italy)
Greece as Italy vassal:Kingdom of the Morea/Kingdom of Thessalonica(Uncertain, and perhaps the latter could serve for other European countries participating in the Fourth Crusade?)
Greece as Italy vassal(fascist): Hellenic State(It was a common vassal state of Germany and Italy at WW2)
Holy Roman as Italy vassal(fascist): Fatherland Front Austria/Federal State of Austria

Suggestion: India as a British vassal could be "Princely States" instead of "British Raj". The Raj period more appropriately describes direct British rule in India, i.e. when the cities are directly controlled by the British, while the princely states were various nominally sovereign states under indirect British rule across the subcontinent.

Swedish Dynamic Names(Most of them come from existing Viking dynamic names)
I might push back on some of these.

I think Vinland is fine for Canada for the Vikings, but I don't think it makes as much sense for Sweden. Sweden as a civ doesn't really encompass Viking Age Sweden, and even if it did, Vinland wasn't settled by Swedes whatsoever.

Similarly with Russia as Varangian Principalities (I don't think that's a great name anyway, and the addition of the Rus into the game should be taken into account, but I digress), I don't think that a Sweden victorious in the Great Northern War would revert to 10th century concept of Russia when naming its new vassal state. In general I think there's a lot of creativity left to be had with the Vikings vassal names, but I don't think Viking Age names should be shared with Sweden.

Kalmar Union should probably only be during the Medieval Era (which I think is how it is now for the Vikings, but I'm not sure).

I might push back on some of these.

I think Vinland is fine for Canada for the Vikings, but I don't think it makes as much sense for Sweden. Sweden as a civ doesn't really encompass Viking Age Sweden, and even if it did, Vinland wasn't settled by Swedes whatsoever.

Similarly with Russia as Varangian Principalities (I don't think that's a great name anyway, and the addition of the Rus into the game should be taken into account, but I digress), I don't think that a Sweden victorious in the Great Northern War would revert to 10th century concept of Russia when naming its new vassal state. In general I think there's a lot of creativity left to be had with the Vikings vassal names, but I don't think Viking Age names should be shared with Sweden.

Kalmar Union should probably only be during the Medieval Era (which I think is how it is now for the Vikings, but I'm not sure).
Most of what you said makes sense, but I admit I couldn't think of replacement for theses vassal names. Perhaps I should just remove them and add Viking/Danish vassal names? (However, I am still hesitant about the Kalmar Union. As far as I know, Sweden civilization was born in 1252 in 1.18 plan, while the Kalmar Union was formed in 1397 in history. Therefore, it seems that Sweden's gaming time includes it exactly.)

Most of what you said makes sense, but I admit I couldn't think of replacement for theses vassal names. Perhaps I should just remove them and add Viking/Danish vassal names? (However, I am still hesitant about the Kalmar Union. As far as I know, Sweden civilization was born in 1252 in 1.18 plan, while the Kalmar Union was formed in 1397 in history. Therefore, it seems that Sweden's gaming time includes it exactly.)
I think "Dominion of _______" is good and unique enough for the vast majority of Swedish vassal names. Dominion of Russia is more sensible than Varangian Principalities, for example.

I agree on the Kalmar Union, both Vikings and Sweden should theoretically be able to have that name if they control all three kingdoms in the Middle Ages. But it should expire either when the Renaissance Era starts or when converting to Protestantism, or something like that, I think. Also, ideally, Vikings wouldn't be able to have it as a name until after Sweden's spawn (so they would have to go and reconquer Sweden). Nowadays, the Vikings become the Kalmar Union wayyy to early. It might be because they convert to Catholicism wayyy too early. But that's outside the scope of this thread.

On a side note, since Russia is being split into the Rus (spawning in 880) and Russia (spawning in 1263), I propose that, instead of Varangian Principalities, maybe the Rus as a vassal to the Vikings should instead be the Principality of Garðaríki. And then of course Byzantium is begging to be Miklagarðr and Arabia is begging to be Serkland.

On a side note, since Russia is being split into the Rus (spawning in 880) and Russia (spawning in 1263), I propose that, instead of Varangian Principalities, maybe the Rus as a vassal to the Vikings should instead be the Principality of Garðaríki. And then of course Byzantium is begging to be Miklagarðr and Arabia is begging to be Serkland.
Thank you for these suggestions. I have added them. Although I am still hesitant about the regime name of the vassal of Arabia and Byzantium, should I set it as the Principalities like Rus/Russia(Considering that the main Vikings in contact with them are those who arrived from Rus), or maintain the default vassal name?

Thank you for these suggestions. I have added them. Although I am still hesitant about the regime name of the vassal of Arabia and Byzantium, should I set it as the Principalities like Rus/Russia(Considering that the main Vikings in contact with them are those who arrived from Rus), or maintain the default vassal name?
That's a good question without a perfect answer, I think, because of course the Vikings never did vassalize Arabia or Byzantium. But if they did I suppose it would be reasonable that they would be akin to the situation in the Rus, where a small Norse ruling class reigns over the native population before, most likely, adopting the local culture within a few generations.

I think it would be fair to have them be principalities. You could probably also make them kingdoms, since the Vikings as a civilization represent a collection of (petty) kingdoms anyway. But I say we stick with principalities for the vassals of the Vikings in the east, just for thematic consistency. So:
Byzantium as Viking vassal - Principality of Miklagarðr
Arabia as Viking vassal - Principality of Serkland
Rus as Viking vassal - Principality of Garðaríki
Russia as Viking vassal - Principality of Rússland (or just Principality of Russia, same thing)

Does this even have a up to date version for 1.17, along with expanded city names??
Curious

Top Bottom