Elven Revenge

No more hype! It's starting!

Now gather round children, as I tell you the story of the mighty Ljosfar people.

“The Ljosfar people started like any small people. They were migrating with the herds in the great forests. But, unlike all of the other civilizations, the Ljosfar were in touch with nature. There entire religion was based on the spirits of nature. Normally, the Ljosfar would have been happy to simply roam around. But then, from scouts, the Ljosfar heard of other civilizations. These civilizations built huge cities on top of lands, cut down trees and killed animals. This was a dire injustice to the Ljosfar.

Amalachier looked around his small city. Right now, it was just a collection of stone buildings, but soon, with the right rulers, Evermore would be powerful and strong. Then, the Ljosfar would be able to punish those who did not live with nature.”

Now, my children, I know what you are wondering. You are wondering how the Ljosfar obtain food if not by hunting. The Ljosfar had an amazing system. The wild animals learned to be so close to them they would actually pull the carts of the oxen. The Ljosfar refused to eat anything that came out of the forest and used to walk. They respected everything, from the noblest buck of the forest to the smallest ant on a leaf.

Now, back to the story.

“Amalachier I was now crowned. He quickly sent out scouts to find these evil, land-destroying demons so the Ljosfar could destroy them. About seven years after Amalachier I was crowned, called 1LE (Ljosfar Era) a scout regiment had gone mad. They were possessed by a Demon Spirit after raiding a dungeon. They were then allowed to roam and would eventually be killed by animals in the foreign jungles.
Spoiler :

In 28 LE, Amalachier went for a walk outside Evermore. He headed west of his small city, and found himself in a huge forest. He kept going for hours over huge hills and passed trees from the beginning of time. As he continued, he realized that there were these small red mushrooms near the trees. After watching a doe that was following him eat one, he tried one and found out it was delicious. He sprinted back to Evermore, and the harvesting of the mushrooms quickly became a national pastime.
Spoiler :

Amalachier I died in 50 LE. His son, Firdeer I, was much more interested in his Empire and expanding than remaining at peace with nature. But, he had to keep Amalachier’s policies or else open revolts would begin. So, you see, he was amazed when, in only one year of his reign, he received a messenger saying he was only the third largest civilization. Though he knew only that the exploitation of nature could they have attained such size, he decided to start on a band of people. These people wanted to spread the glory of the Ljosfar to the outlying lands.

It took the Ljosfar 11 years to rally the colonists. When they had enough people, they headed south. They saw all the known mountains, but then, something surprised them. There were the two twin mountains, known as Frederll and Hyll, but there was land in between them. After asking Firdeer, the land was immediately settled and named Hyll, after the larger mountain.
Spoiler :

For a while, there was peace in the land. Then, a messenger came on deer-back. He told Firdeer about a huge giant of a man named Orthus. He was a legendary barbarian warrior, who came to kill every civilization. He was eventually killed by a quickly raised army of warriors from all across Ljosfar lands. This militia would later become the core of the Imperial Ljosfar Army.
Spoiler :

In 85 LE, an amazing thing happened. The rituals that the Ljosfar had followed for years were now formalized. This religion, called ‘Fellowship of the Leaves’ started in Hyll. It spread rapidly to Evermore, and throughout the world.
Spoiler :

In 93 LE, Firdeer I died. He was quickly succeeded by his son, Amalachier II. Amalachier II was much more focused on knowledge and was considered a bookworm. No one knew that he had to be this way because a messenger came in secret to tell him the Ljosfar, at this time, was the least advanced civilization.
Spoiler :

A few years later, Amalachier II made several decrees. First, he was to be now known as King Amalachier II, with all of ancestors being kings and queens also. He also made it official that the Ljosfar would guard nature with their lives, invading any civilization who exploited nature.”

Naturally, this caused a small year of anarchy, as the Traditionalists fought the Royalists. King Amalachier II bravely led his armies into battle, and crushed the Traditionalists after one year.
Spoiler :

“After several years, King Amalachier II died after learning that the Ljosfar was the largest civilization in the world after the founding of the city of Bruti. Bruti was a small city devoted mainly to guarding the frontiers of the empire. It would be almost constantly attacked by Barbarians. His successor, his son Dirglen I, took power and continued on.
Spoiler :

Three years into Dirglen’s rule, a man who claimed to be a prophet was born in Evermore. He claimed to have lived in a cave for years, learning the ways of nature. Although he was a little odd, he went to Hyll and sang “The Song of Autumn”. This song is still sung by Ljosfar people, as he sang it so well it was said the mountains and trees themselves cried.
Spoiler :

In 165 LE, the legendary warrior Gilden Silveric was born in Evermore. He and his descendants would come to be the core of the Ljosfar army. He gained experience constantly and fought against Barbarians trying to guard Bruti.
Spoiler :

13 years afterward, a man was born in Evermore. He started a huge stand that would come to trade all over the Elven lands, as the Ljosfar land was called. Naturally, this made Evermore rich, so it was encouraged by the aging King Dirglen I.
Spoiler :

King Dirglen I did however, live long enough to see the first other civilization. He met, and instantly took a disliking, to the Clan of Embers leader, Sheebla III. Though she pretended to follow the Fellowship of the Leaves, she used whatever would help her succeed, killing animals and cutting down forests to serve her purposes. King Dirglen died under ‘suspicious’ circumstances in 201 LE, but, before he died, he told his son, Firdeer II, to kill the Clan of Embers and wipe their evil from the lands. The building of the Ljosfar army immediately began in full. That year, they were already known as the second most powerful nation in the world.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Seventeen years after the death of King Dirglen I, the Ljosfar army began to march. Coming out of Bruti, it was at the Clan border in 224 LE. War was immediately declared, and the next year, the city of Shazak was taken. Gilden Silveric led the final charge, and the Ljosfar experienced something new. The ocean. This was a huge blue forest, with animals to be used. However, the Fellowship priests immediately said that these “sea animals” weren’t actual animals and could be eaten.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Five years after the taking of Shazak, the attacks on the Clan capital started. Gilden Silveric led the charge, and continued on until he met an odd sorcerer. This man threw huge blue bolts of pure energy. The battle was recorded in “The Epic of Silveric”. It involves a deadly fight between Gilden Silveric and the evil mage. Eventually, Gilden dies, but, in dying, he so weakens the mage that another archer shot him in the troat and he died. The archers name was Fildred Goldek. Due to this heroic action, the Clan capital of Branduk the Burning was taken.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

It was clear that the Ljosfar needed help in this war. The King Firdeer II went deep into the woods, alone. After going deeper than anyone had ever gone before, he met a race of huge people in the woodland hills. These three massive men were named Larry, Curly and Moe. After making a pact with them, they ran to join the Ljosfar army.

The Hill Giants were a valuable addition to the army. With their help and the sacrifice of Fildred Goldek, the city was taken and Clan of Embers were destroyed for all time. The Ljosfar Empire now stretched from the rocky inlands to the sea.”
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Now, my children, I must rest. I shall continue this story soon.

Good start. :goodjob:

None of the spoilers work though. :cry:

Yeah great job!
But all of your pics show up as little white boxes with x's.
Other than that good job!

see i originally tried to make it like "the midnight ride of paul revere" but it didn't work because nothing really rhymed with elven or ljsofar

Nice start, but is it Elven Revenge or Elven Rage?

A new Mbkkbm story and about FFH2... this gotta be good. as soon as you have fixed the pics and I've some time I'm gonna read it ;)

A new Mbkkbm story and about FFH2... this gotta be good. as soon as you have fixed the pics and I've some time I'm gonna read it ;)

huzzah! I'm developing a reputation!

Now, my children, I shall continue the epic tale. Now….where was I? Oh…right; the start on the Reconquista.

“Many of the Horsemen used by the Ljosfar were now battle hardened and experienced. One master-horseman, named Deerfir Leafsson, personally stormed the city walls. Due to this incredible act, he was granted many promotions until Deerfir Leafsson’s Regiment became known as the strongest, most dangerous and vicious Horseman regiment in the entire Army.
Spoiler :

About a year after the final killing of the Clan, a messenger went to the newly crowned King Amalachier III and told him that the Ljosfar were the second most cultured civilization in the world. King Amalachier then looked around and had to expand to be more cultured. Looking to the east, he saw a small barbarian city between the two civilizations, and many little barbarian settlements. His experienced armies were quickly gathered for war.
Spoiler :

In a few years, the expansion of the Ljosfar met yet another civilization. The “Bannor” lead by a woman named Capria, clearly exploited the land. But, they had no evidence. They could not attack yet. That same year, 257 LE, the formerly Barbarian city of Straatus was taken and kept.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

24 years after the taking of Straatus, another Barbarian city of Myrean was taken. Soon, the Ljosfar arm stretched from Evermore and the mountains to two cities on the coast of the East Sea.
Spoiler :

In 279 LE, another Great Prophet was born in Evermore. He built a small building, known as “Altar of Luonnotar”. It would later be expanded on by other Great Prophets, time and time again. Evermore was a thriving metropolitan city, with several wonders including the ‘Bone Palace’ and the ‘Form of the Titan’. They also met another puny civilization, called the Malakiam, who were also rumored to be exploiters of nature. A short two years after this, the coastal city of Nininsnal was taken.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

In 301 LE, another messenger came and told the aging Ljosfar king, King Amalachier III, that the Ljosfar were only the third most powerful nation. Thus, King Amalachier told his son, Prince-Elect Firdeer II, to raise an army over time and scout the Bannor lands to then invade them.
Spoiler :

:dubious: Wait... You let Orthus hang around your empire for 75 turns??? How did you survive that?

And... is... is that a Clan Fire Elemental that I am seeing? That is a level 3 spell...! How did that happen?

Orthus just spawned at 70, and my forces killed him at 75. And the Fire Elementals are from the Red Dragon who spawned in the Barb city just north of Straatus.

I am realllllly unlucky.

nice :cool:
but why, oh why, does everyone deserve to be hang from the nearest dead tree, drawn and quartered?

"For they have desecrated nature and shall be punished by our almighty archers! Mwuhahahahahahahaha!!!!" Plus, stories with war are fun.

Top Bottom