Embassy with "Die Küche"

From Kueche:

Dear Calis of the Flock,

by researching Chivalry we will pay our 800/3 gold to ourselves, you will pay your 800/3 gold to us instead to yourselves and you will send the 800/3 gold that anarchy pays you for chivalry to us. So it is quite simple a reducation of the 800 gold we will put into Chivalry.

Best wishes,

yours sincerely, Civbot the service robot

No. Chivalry has been taken out of the picture. The Kitchen is the only tribe that wants it, so they can research it and keep it, eating the cost of research. As we are now NOT researching it, our total research costs go down 800 gold. This means that the other two tribes now have to pay us less. But this does not mean we have to purchase Chivalry from the Kitchen.

The Kitchen's research costs (excluding Chivalry) ~ 1125

Eagles' research costs (excluding Chivalry and the Code of Law) ~ 2500

Anarchchie's research costs ~ 1875

The Kitchen would get paid 375 gold by Eagles and Anarchy (each)

Eagles woud get paid 833 gold by the Kitchen and Anarchy (each)

Anarchy would get paid 625 gold by the Kitchen and Eagles (each)

The Cod of Law would be divided by the Kitchen and Eagles. 214 divided by 2 = 107. The Kitchen would pay the Eagles 107 for the CoL. Anarchy would not.

When you do the math the Kitchen owes the Eagles 940 gold minus the 375 we owe them equals 565 gold. They have paid 300 gold so far.

Anarchy owes Eagles 833 gold plus one third of the gold they made selling Math to the BH (42?). 833 plus 42 = 875. Minus the 625 we owe them equals 250 gold. Has the Anarchy paid anything yet?

We owe no tribe any gold.

Now if both we and Anarchy wanted to buy Chivalry off of the Kitchen, we would wind up owing the Kitchen 2 gold, if they paid us nothing more. (They owe us 265 and 1/3 of Chivalry is 267.) If ony we wanted to buy Chivalry , it would cost us 400 gold, meaning we would have to pay the Kitchen 135 gold. (400 minus 265 equals 135.)

No. This is information for our team. You guys are the ones who make the deals. I'm just trying to help, not take ownership of this.

Proposed reply:

============

Dear Civbot the service robot:

Your logic makes perfect sense if Die Küche researches Chivalry and sends it to both the Eagles and Anarchie.

However, that's not what we expect. Instead:

Eagles and Anarchie don't care about Chivalry, so we take it out of the research treaty.
Total research burden goes down by 800. Split three ways, that gives us back 267 per tribe.

Die Küche researches Chivalry independently. If anyone else wants it, they buy it separately (like, say, the Brotherhood lands on our shores and threatens Eagle cities!).

Does that make sense to you?

Regards,

Elephantium, the Tusker of the Flock

From justanick....

Dear Eagles,

we donnot see any advantage in changing the agreement that way. Therefore this suggestion will not earn our support.

Best wishes,

yours sincerely, Civbot the service robot

WTF? The Kitchen is the only team that wants Chivalry. Why should we or Anarchie have to pay for them to research it? :confused:

:) What do the other voices say?

I still hope, we can avoid a conflict. although the game has other problems (Anarchie), I will now do it less subtile.

Proposal:

Dear Kueche,

As we stated earlier, there never has been an agreement regarding Chivalry!!

You extended the original agreement and never got an approval for it.

regards,
Calis of the Flock

Regardless of whether we actually agreed to Chivalry or not, they seem to think we did, and I still don't think we want to give them any excuse to think we broke our deal.

Besides, if they are going to get Chivalry and possibly attack us before we can get to Military Tradition, then I think we will want Chivalry.

Maybe we should just research Chivalry ourselves and take Kuche's money for it. That way we have control over when they get it.

Hm, if they did not start, yet, we might be able to tell hem that we want to research it, but "after" Education!?

That way we can further improve our research capability and let them wait for Chivalry.

Is that a reasonable idea?

They haven't started because we haven't finished Feudalism yet.

That sounds reasonable to me, but they might not want to wait that long.

Top Bottom