Embassy with "Die Küche"

Like this?

Dear Kueche,

Maybe together, we can find a different solution for the problem!? What about the following idea:

As we stated before, we want to research education soon (in any case before Chivalry). After finishing Feudalism, we would research education. With your financial support (payment for Chivalry), we would do this as quick as somehow possible. Right after that, we will research Chivalry and send it to you.

This is just a basic idea to find a solution for the current situation. Someone has to do the maths on this.

Please give us your opinion and proposals for improvement/adjustment.

regards,
Calis of the Flock

This sounds good. I'll send a note to the Anarchy telling them of our plan to slow the Kitchen y doing this. I will give the Anarchy the option of buying Chivalry from the Kitchen, but hopefully they will not want it. By the Anarchy not wanting it, it will cost the Kitchen half of our research. ;) 400 gold.

This sounds good. I'll send a note to the Anarchy telling them of our plan to slow the Kitchen y doing this. I will give the Anarchy the option of buying Chivalry from the Kitchen, but hopefully they will not want it. By the Anarchy not wanting it, it will cost the Kitchen half of our research. ;) 400 gold.

But if we research Chivalry, why do you want to propose Anarchie to buy it from Kueche? :crazyeye: I can't follow you here.

Regardless of whether we actually agreed to Chivalry or not, they seem to think we did, and I still don't think we want to give them any excuse to think we broke our deal.

Besides, if they are going to get Chivalry and possibly attack us before we can get to Military Tradition, then I think we will want Chivalry.

Maybe we should just research Chivalry ourselves and take Kuche's money for it. That way we have control over when they get it.

I agree with this plan. I'm guessing they'll come back at us saying "Chivalry WAS TOO part of the agreement!"

We'll reply saying "Very well, we'll go ahead and research it."

... and then we'll research it after we get MT! :lol:

I don't think we should tell Anarchy we are doing this to slow down the Kitchen - despite Anarchy's apparent friendliness to us, we have to be aware that anything we say to them might be relayed to the Kitchen by them.

I think we should tell Anarchy that Kitchen is stubborning claiming that Chivalry is part of the original deal, and that we will research it despite our misgivings because Kitchen will get it anyway, but at least this way Kitchen cannot claim we broke our deal.

I have a feeling the payment is going to be a sticky issue - Kitchen can claim that they only owe us 267 regardless of what Anarchy does. That is what the agreement says, and Kitchen could claim Anarchy is breaking our deal if they don't buy it, and that the issue is between Eagles and Anarchy.

However, I wouldn't even bring up payment yet. Once we get Chivalry, then we can just not distribute it until we are satisfied that we are receiving appropriate payment.

But if we research Chivalry, why do you want to propose Anarchie to buy it from Kueche? :crazyeye: I can't follow you here.

You're right. I actually meant just buying, period. I guess when I was typing, I was thinking ahead of them not buying it from us, but the Kitchen. Then I didn't proof-read what I wrote.

But either way, if the Anarchy doesn't buy Chivalry from anyone, it will cost the Kitchen more.

But if the Kitchen declines to pay the extra amount, as Chamnix suggested, saying that ANA is breaking the deal, we have to back down because of the original agreement.

If that situation comes up, we'll be negotiating from a position of strength, having the tech they want -- and Knights building, if necessary (assuming we can't put it off until after MT).

I just had another thought: What if The Kitchen wants us to research Chiv in order to divert us from the bottom half of the tree? /paranoid

Well, Knights are a cheap upgrade to Cavalry.

Kueches latest reply...

Dear Eagles,

a simple but effective solution could be Deutsche Küche researching Chivalry at a low rate. If we invest 40 beakers each turn we will need about 20 turns for chivalry. This would match your goal(?) to research education before chivalry.

Best wishes - Cotta, the flavour enhancer

Good. Let them take 20 turns for Chivalry.

My instincts are screaming that they'll get Chivalry, promptly upgrade a bunch of Horsemen to their UU, and invade us.

My instincts are screaming that they'll get Chivalry, promptly upgrade a bunch of Horsemen to their UU, and invade us.

And who better to invade and conquer than the first place team?

We need to see the Kitchen's World Map first to make this map trding profitable to us. We need to take screenshots of the other continent after we get the Kitchen's map and before we get a map from the other continent.

We need to see the Kitchen's World Map first to make this map trding profitable to us. We need to take screenshots of the other continent after we get the Kitchen's map and before we get a map from the other continent.

Maybe you can do the diplomacy on map trading then? I do not get the point of profitability here. I do not want to spy the kitchens territory to sell it to others. That might lead to war with Kueche far ealier than we can affort it. (Especially if the Brotherhood and Kueche are really having some deals.

Well, we could go World Map with the Kitchen and then just territory maps with the other Continent. Let me see what I can put together.

The profitability is not in Gold, but information. If the Kitche has only traded maps with the BH once, it was quite a while ago. If we can see the layout of the other Continent back then and compare it to what the 2 territories look like now, we can get a better idea of how the war is developing over there. Let's say the Anarchie no longer needs our help, or if the BH has become too strong too quickly. It's a one time shot at some valuable information, if it works out right.

Suggested proposal to the Kitchen for trading World Maps...

The skies are painted with unnumbered sparks:
They are all fire, and every one doth shine;
But there's but one in all doth hold his place.

- Julius Caesar

Dear neighboring chefs of the Southern Region,

Caesar spoke of the stars and compared himself to one. The star that holds its place is of great interest to Eagles pondering the meaning of night sky. We have mapped a large portion of the continental shores of our world, and now wish to firm up our studied land maps before we begin mapping the night sky.

One item that still remains open to Trade between our great nations is the maps that we own. We seek to exchange our World Maps with you in hopes of better understanding the world at large. Can we make that trade in the next turn? We will gladly make the exchange if you agree.

Cyc
Cartographer

Top Bottom