Emperor Crowded Game

I wait for a wonder. And yes you can rush wonders in PTW too... plus I think Washington will be an easy target... no need of armies. Well my plans are to crush the Americans, then the Chinese, so that I will have two fronts: the less defended, on north, and the most defended on south-east, where I'll build two fortresses on the mountain that will divide my empire with the russian one (after Moscow).

I'll post my update soon... my expansion is going to be tougher than the precedent invasions.

i trade with the evil Catherine, and I got a 'Gracious' behaviour towards her. Well SHE does, she'd better forget me having such a behaviour towards her... she doesn't even know I'm planning to wipe out her and her pathetic nation. By the way me an Russia are the only nations on this island who have access to iron.

But I think I could arrest the Russian expansion by conquering the Americans.

Washington is mine too now, and this is my actual influence. Pretty good... ah and the last few American troops are on some cities on the other big island. But I consider them already wiped out.

360 AD: I make peace with the USA. They give me 20 gold, all the crap of communication with all civs, world map, and Philadelphia, a city north-east on the map, on a 2-tile-tundra island. I think they are happy to give me that rubbl- hem that city.

370 AD: Trading maps with all Civs I heard from America. All those barbarians...
Healing troops, doing some common work.

400 AD: I stand fourth on the histograph... me 219, ACK! America 221, Spain 236, and Russia 315. Lower than me all the other losers.
If the general mood was awful now is abysmal - the only happy face is mine, getting a fourth place on the histograph while they try to wipe me out MWHAHAHAHAAAA!

A high peak on the last few turns.

That shows their utter hate over me. Who cares... I am going to 0wn them all so...

and this is the updated world map - ignore the low quality of my advisor... he even DARED to draw a line referring 'barbarians' my mighty empire... I have to execute him as soon as possible.

haha the Aztecs!
I gave 'em a lesson on Veii... they learnt how to fear my legios! MWHAhAha-haha. ha. um. Er well yes they are quite at the bottom in the histograph... I think it has its influence on Civ relationships.

Little update: I discover that Egypt too has Iron. Oh well... crap.
A long period of peace comes on the blooded land of Rome... giving restoration and prosperity. That's all lol.

On Civ It's 400 AD. And here it's 0:25. Goodnight.

410 AD Again! My gracious Catherine asked me a tribute, but, alas, my advisor gave me no choice but to decline her threat. War begins again.

...this has to be a NERVOUS game...

war with Russia:

it is not the Russian attack my fear... it's those Chinese troops on my border... and the French troops on my northern front... I'm getting pretty paranoid since I have no or little defense here.

But well actually I'm in war with Russia, right? Let's smash them then.
Heh I'm getting sick of the coward AI tactic. Instead of conquering my cities one-by-one, they go straight to Rome...

Some turns... sometimes they attack, sometimes I do... casualties:

Romans: 1 legio, 2 heavily wounded.
Russians: Something like 4 spearmen, 4 swordmen.

The last swordman retreats on 500 AD. That's the time to conquer Moscow! A bit of turns to regroup my legios, and the march begins. If no one else declares war on me these crucial turns, this will be the turning point of my empire.

The invasion plan was scheduled for about 570 AD.
Well I'll have to schedule it for about 750 AD.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but even if those troops aren't in my border I really think that France wants to take a bit of my land too.

And I was damn right! Oh CRAP!!!!
530 AD: France comes from north. Plus the Russians still threatening New York. And pillaging my incense. And rioting two cities. Well! Let's see the war then.

And I'm getting to make an army with that leader... afterall important wonders are far from my actual Tech.

Put DvD Burner Mark I in the army, hey I just realized that a legion army is defensive AND offensive. :eek:

I MUST make an army. Things are getting quite desperate. Prepare for this update... my empire stands near an abyss.
Here is the actual situation:

530 AD: I build an Army and put it in defense of Veii. I think the major French attack will happen there. And I need to take my troops on Washington and New York... I'll leave Washington defendless.
I trade with the Babylonians and I ask them to declare war on France. They gave me a tech, I gave them two techs, a whole bunch of gold, some communications and world map. It is a high price, but worth it. It would keep France more busy.

540 AD: The French troops attack Veii. My army managed to defend very well, although they redlined my hero (heh against 15 troops!), but I'm safe for a turn. When I said that's an emergency I was optimist... China declared war on me and takes Washington with no resistance. Russia takes New York killing my only legio.

550 AD: Another big attack on Veii: Cavalry AND infantry attack my walls, but luckily my army was strong enough again. I can even keep one legio on Rome to fend off that lonely spearman. A French spearman near Antium pillages my Iron resource. I'd kill him but he is in a mountain.

560 AD: The French Army is routed and forced to retire as the Babylonians are a threat on their land. Whew! On south however three big stacks of Chinese troops prepare to assimilate Cumae Horse Factory.

Ok that's hard but I can do it! I like when things get tougher...

570 AD: ROME becomes a REPUBLIC. And the Zulu destroy the Persians. Barbarian Wars...

France completely retires her troops from my territory except for a poor spearman located near Antium.
Chinese troops attack Cumae Horse Factory wounding to red my legios but losing 4-5 spearmen and 2 swordsmen in the process. :) The sky is getting bright again.
Too early to talk about a Roman counter-offensive, especially on the northern border. However I may wait a few turns more just for these Chinese troops to be squashed by my legios and then retake Washington and New York.
Or I may try to attack Paris, since my Babylonian allies are weakening 'em...

Exactly what I want, my brave legionary. Not now but soon...

Still 570 AD. I didn't notice I could make peace with France. Joan is simply full of wrath hehee... both her and the Aztecs couldn't give my Veii a scratch - and she is willing to give me Mathematics and 2 gold per turns!

Time to give some serious trouble to the Chinese! I move my army on Cumae... it is the most exposed to a big attack. Two legios are left on Rome to heal and provide immediate assistance in case of either the Egyptians or the Frenchies getting crazy :D
Plus Antium is completing a Legio... Veii is still 6 turns far but I'll rush the production...

Damn I haven't got enough money.

610 AD
Joan pops up and asks me to declare war against Babylon, my ally. And I accept... better having a friend near my boundaries, plus they give me Right of Passage and some gold.
Chinese troops leave the siege on Cumae Horse Factory but they literally destroyed any infrastructure near the city... I need to make roads immediately in order to retake Washington AND New York. Especially New York which has Incense.

630 AD: Peace Treaty with the Chinese. Afterall Washington is not of so much importance... for now.

640 AD: LOL! After the peace treaty, the Chinese move one spearmann back, then they move their others two forward. I ask them to remove troops, and they declare war.
I try to weaken the Chinese troops, and I get another leader! Guess how it's named...

670 AD, and the peace treaty with Catherine is signed (again! That's déjà vu), after burning to the ground New York (I wanted to keep it but my zealous soldiers unadvertantly lighted up fire on the city. Oops.). Well I'll grab the Incense there as soon as possible.

Now I'm pointing towards Washington...

In fact, the Chinese and the Russian are very lucky since they got only one front to take care... while I have to protect my empire on north and on south. That's why I want to conquer the Chinese and the Russians as soon as possible - though it won't be easy.

aaand since I cannot support more than one army right now I'm rushing production... I rushed Heroic Epic and I'll rush the Hanging Gardens as soon as I discover (or buy) Monarchy.

740 AD: The city of Neapolis IncenseGrabber is found. Special thanks to the Russian worker who kindly linked the Incense with my cities and to Catherine who had this brilliant idea.

Who? The Japanese ask me a tribute. I decline and they declare war.

They have only two non-linked cities... and they result to be fourth on the histograph (I'm second with a large gap from Russia) very near to me. I don't really care anyway.

770 AD: Having destroyed much of the Chinese Army, the fall of Washington is easy and without particular resistance. Two spearmen guarded the city, and they have been killed by my legios.

After the threat of 3 major powers, France, China and Russia, the Roman Empire managed to defend and stand greatly upon those invaders and even to revenge, retaking Washington and part of the New York land. And now is seeking for a future expansion... on the weakened Chinese land.
I think the Chinese campaign will be easy... my difficulty will be Russia. They are damn well protected, they have Iron and swordsmen. I have to pick a choice:

1) I have Jungle south of Rome, which surely hold Rubber, and Tundra on the Chinese land which will give me Oil. While managing to defend my land from 5 or even more civs as long as they learn Magnetism or other techs able to make ships travel on ocean squares and while managing to keep my Civ ahead on the Tech race and while bribing powerful Civs in order that they won't declare war on me since I have to boost my Tech funds, I may wait for the Replaceable Parts Tech to be done and build Tanks in order to destroy the Russian swordsmen and annex Russian land to my empire.

2) Build a ridiculously large army, complete the Hanging Gardens so that War Weariness won't be so much a problem and destroy Russia.

Heh I think I'll take option 2.

Top Bottom