Emperor Crowded Game

1790:

Guess what?
My lovable Shaka asks for a tribute. I obviously decline. He obviously declares war. Shaka, why always that mess to declare war on me? Tell me your willing with open words.

I was sure it would have been Shaka vs Me, but never thought so early.
The problem is, I have a large empire. And my soldiers are about 30. Spreading out them throughout my empire, that means 1-2 soldiers per city.

Must speed up military production.

1794: That time I'll change strategy. Instead of waiting for Shaka to invade my mainland, I prepare a fleet where I'll load my Army to attack York and take the nice Spices near there. Then I realize that an army is too big and fat to be loaded on a little Galley. So I issue the Army commander to halve the soldiers' food. But, before becoming the most umpopular commander, I try to find another solution... on Tech I'm heading for Military Tradition, so Astronomy is far... well, I'll have military tradition and load 3 Cavalries on a galley (which is like loading tanks on a Caravel).

Galleys can only carry 2 people, so only 2 Cavalries per trip, or a leader and a cavalry and on another galley, 2 cavalries. :)

CRAP!

No, Zulus didnt invade Rome... the POWER went DOWN!

And all I was writing here was lost. :cry:

Well let's start again...

On something like 1800 I conquer York with ease...
...then make peace with Shaka...
...and telling him 'FIRST we conquer our island, THEN we battle, ok?'...
...and preparing 2 galleys with 3 cavalries and 1 cannon to conquer Babylon.

On 1844 I declare war on Hammurabi. 2 turns later and I take the city. Funny thing is, they have a nice stack of units and they used it to attack even if I had already my cavalries on the Babylon gates. Then I attacked the city, one spearman survived, and they realized that they should bring someone to defend their capital. They move HALF of their attacking troops back to the capital, but that was too late...

EDIT: Damn Ansarking :D I meant 4 cavalries on 2 galleys - then I did 3 cavalries and 1 cannon

1850, and I make the big mistake to push the button who magically makes the time run by some years instantly.

Yes, I push the space bar.
And those confused Babylonians, for Babylon's sake, go attacking my newly conquered-non linked city. And since I know the evilness of RNG, I'm SURE that 1 healty Cavalry and 2 red lined won't stand a chance against a horde of bowmen and spearmen.

It's 1852 and I need some fresh troop able to defend Babylon, but it is so far from my mainland.
Then I get a lucky solution: I make a Right of Passage treaty with Gandhi and move a Cavalry from Thebes to Babylon, sweeping across the city-state of India. It should be way more safer now...
No such problem if I lose the city... it's that I won't be so lucky again to siege a city undefended.

1854: Luckily, they got pwned by my cavs (killing two of my Cavs, however) and I spawn another leader - that's 7! -

I send him to Veii in order to complete a must have

1862:

Zulu troops sighted near York on 1864
Oh well seems Shaka wants to take his revenge. Sorry, Cavalry vs Swordsmen and Impis ain't a challenge.

And the last Babylonian city, Ur, falls. Hammurabi is out.

1866: Zulu troops march towards York. Declare war.
Hmmm 2 cavalries, one élite legio... not enough. And it would require 2 turns to take some reinforcements there.

Well then...

Hey don't tell me Romans are always retreating! Afterall, it is for a good reason... :D

Next turn.
The Zulu troops take the city and get squashed when attacking my near troops. Legio + Mountain = Nightmarish Defense For A Poor Impi Or Swordsmen Even With The RNG Always To The AI Command
Yes I had old Legios defending that city and 2 cavalries. Enough however.

Next Turn
There are 3 swordsmen guarding the city.
Erm sorry--
There were 3 swordsmen guarding the city.
That time the RNG gave me a great help.

Time to say

hmmm ok a bit exaggerate maybe :D

later people, later. I need to assimil--destr--erm, take influence over the northern part of my island, then kick some Zulu @$$.

1876: I gave little attention to York. And hordes of Impis and Medieval Infantry come to take the city. Let's do that trick again...

1878: 3 ZULU Medieval Infantry SLAUGHTER my 2 élite cavalries and my élite legio when they were defending and fortifying ON A MOUNTAIN, and they take the city.

I IMMEDIATELY divert any military resource to invade the Zulu island.
Next updates will be bloody...

1884: India and ZULULAND sign a military alliance against me.

Well well, India wants to take some more from me.

The Indian military campaign ends pretty quickly however.

1886: Indian troops move towards Babylon and Thebes. 3 Roman cavalries move towards Delhi.

1888: Indian troops continue moving towards Babylon and Thebes. The Roman cavalries kill the 3 spearmen guarding the city. Bye bye, Gandhi.

And now let's have fun with my good Shaka. Sorry, but the Indian distraction was not so long, and it wasn't even fun.

1890: China and Zululand have signed a military alliance against us.

I cannot resist to laugh to the vain attempts of Shaka to stop me - he is damn frightened if he calls on his defense the ridiculous army of China. Well! Another occasion to further expand my boundaries easily.

I finally have the Caravels. Let's have a trip to the Exile Island to finish off the Chinese.

1894: York falls again. It cannot stay in my hands for long, however. I have to seek peace with Shaka (I hate it but...) and reinforce the city. Then declare war to my good friend :D

1898: See those Aztec troops who are going to have an unfair battle on my undefended cities? They are going to pay for their evilness... I'm afraid they can't see my fresh troops at the gates of Tenochtitlan.

Same year, new screenshot. Poor Aztecs. They weren't even allied with Shaka. Who cares. MWHAHahAHwahhawhahaaa

The aztecs are easy, and the indians are... well... you know. You have to kill the Zulus! They are asking for it since 4000 BC!

DvD-IT said:
1) I have Jungle south of Rome, which surely hold Rubber, and Tundra on the Chinese land which will give me Oil.

Even with my lacking experience, I can say that kind of thinking will have you dig your own grave :p

Good story!

Nah, DVD's probably right. There has to be at least one source of everything on a continent.

1898: I check my military power with the Iroquois and the Zulus. The Iroquois Army size is like mine, while the Zulu army is bigger. But, while I have something like 20 cities, they have just 2 of them.

And the Zulus declare war on the Iroquois.

1908: a Chinese warrior kills my Cavalry on the Exile Island. Enough. Peace with Mao. 3 golds per turn. Hey not bad.

1910: That time it's me who will make the first move. And my Caravel is ready to sail the dangerous seas in order to travel 3 squares and land near Ulundi. Memphis is an exceptional reinforcements drop-off and this will make me able to bring reinforcements quickly on Ulundi.

1912: My good pal Shaka asks me to withdraw my troops. Since the only place to withdraw my troops is the sea, my poor Shaka, I have to declare war so that I can take a piece of your land.

1918: IMPIS kill my cavalries defending York. That damn city falls again in Shaka's hands. Luckily, my people didn't riot for the loss of Spice luxury near York.

1922: I retake the city...

They retake it.

1930: America declares war on me. A galley lands near Moscow with a spearman and an archer. Pointless to say, they have been destroyed.

The Mongols (who?) destroy the Iroquois.

1932: Ulundi is mine. Now, Impis have 1 point of attack and 2 of defense. Cavalries have 6 points of attack and 3 of defense. It took me 5 cavalries to kill 2 of them.

1936: I complete Magellan's Voyage

1938: Peace with America, 2 gold per turn.

1940: War Weariness makes his appearance, and half of my empire riots. ARG!

1942: The Mongols land near Cumae Horse Factory with a spearman and a bowman. I-WANT-TO-MAKE-WAR-ONLY-WITH-SHAKA!
Oh but they give me a nice leader :D

1946: I can't get this continue anymore. I have to make peace with Shaka... he just sent an ARMY of Knights near Ulundi... but he gives me 4 gold per turn and 152 gold.

1948: I complete Adam Smith's Trading Company in Cumae Horse Factory.

1956: ROME becomes a DEMOCRACY.
Peace with Mongols. 1 gold per turn...

1960: I start pumping out Cavalries and Caravels like crazy. And I complete Copernicus' Observatory.

1968: Shaka declares war. A bit too early for me, but well, it is time to unleash my forces. I attack Kyoto, a city West of Ulundi.

Oh crap. Now Zulus have Musketmen. Too bad.

1970: It's 1970, and I conquered just 2 cities on the Zulu land. And they just went to retake the city with a horde of Knights. I realize that it is IMPOSSIBLE to conquer the whole island within the end of the game. :cry:

that's it. I'll try to mobilize my military industry, but at this year I still have to enter the Industrial Age, and Cavalries are a hard match against Musketmen and hordes of Knights. Plus they are on an island, no chokepoints or other. Damn Zulus... but especially, DAMN RNG!

My plan is to distract the Zulu military by conquering again York. That way, I hope to make the Zulu split their military in two parts...

Top Bottom