Emperor Crowded Game

When I saw it I thought 'Damn that's the Caption Curse!'
alas it is real.

820 AD: Shanghai falls on Roman hands. 2 spearmen guarded the city, immediately slaughtered by my Army and an élite legio.

And my first Great Wonder!

830 AD: Another Leader.

890 AD: and finally Bejing falls. 3 spearmen (like those who beat tanks... you get it?) killed one legio and wounded to red my Army, but finally that city is mine. Oh and on those 2 tundra tiles there are Silks and not Oil. Well who cares.
Peace treaty signed with Mao. He has pratically nothing to give me lol so I receive just 29 gold.

World Update:
The Babylonians conquer Orleans (yes they are STILL in war with Joan) and the English conquer Madrid. Actually the major powers on the other island are the Zulus and the English, which have both access to Iron.

A long period of peace follows. While strenghtening my military, my infrastructure and on an overall improving my empire and his newly annexed provinces, on 960 AD I complete

The Hanging Gardens, so that I can put Luxury fundings on 0 and a lil more 10% on Science fundings.
Actually the Egyptians are leading the Tech race... they are something like 10 turns better than me, although they didn't research anything I still don't know.

1060 AD: I finally reach the Medieval Age.

1070 AD: I occupy the last non-invaded tile of the entire globe. An island of tranquility and peace. Until I come...

I play vanilla, and I'm trying to create a similar map, about 40x40 for 16 civs. I tried using the civedit but when I loaded up my scenario it just loaded a standard map.

Do you think you could upload your scenario here?

@crazyluke: actually my scenario is for the Play The World version so it won't load on your CivEdit. Describe what did you do on your scenario and what happens exactly when you load it.
As far as I know, you just have to create a 40x40 map (either generating it or doing it all by yourself) and set number of Civs to 16 on Players' Properties.

@AnsarKing: Well really, even a Temple requires money and all Great Wonders are charged for free, that's odd.

Back to the game.
It's still 1070 and the Empire has grown. It has to decide his next target. Legios will become obsolete very soon, say, 30 turns, so my next region to annex must be conquered with a fast paced action. My soldiers are ready. Chinese province is perfect for assaulting Moscow, the Pompeii island will serve as a point to invade the other island, while Veii can assist an eventual invasion of Egypt with ease.

I'll post an update soon when I picked my decision.

Zulus. They are the biggest opponent of the other island. I think I'm getting in trouble with them... they are not tech advanced, but their impis are so damn annoying with 2 tiles movement.

1130 AD: Oh crap I was damn right. I wanted to tell Shaka 'Don't waste your breath' but I want to manage to keep my reputation a bit better than 'Utter Hate'. Well this is a good reason to invade the other island... if my Russian and Egyptian 'friends' will stay calm and quiet.

As I said I HATE Impis. 3 other ships full of Impis land near Bejing and Shanghai on the following turns, and I had to keep my army and my legio on the 2 cities on defense, cause if I attack them they would retire and next turn capture a city. Luckily I have got plenty of bored legios on north, and I send them to make a bit of practice against the Zulu maces.

1285 AD: Ended the ridiculous Zulu 'invasion', I prepare a nice trip for my soldiers - their first stop will be Ulundi.

1330 AD: The coward Zulus make the Egyptians declare war. Damn Cleo, Shaka is so ugly and you listen to him...

1340 AD: The good news: Shaka wants to sign a peace treaty with me. The bad news: Egyptians have Pikemen and Medieval Infantry, and I am researching Engineering instead of Feudalism!

on this doomen planet of war, the Babylonians and the Frenchies reach peace (from a war that I asked them to make :D)

1345 AD: Maybe pikemen are formidable defenders, but they suck on attack. In order to prevent pillages and a great defense, here is my human wall - while the Egyptians will get stressed here, I'll attack with my army and a pack of fellow legios on Memphis

After losing 2 legios on the Memphis' walls I realize that I need to upgrade my legios as soon as possible. I ask peace to Egypt and she gives me a nice tech:

1370 AD: But upgrading all my legios now is a nightmarish expense, so I drive my tech funds on Invention in order to build Leonardo's Workshop. But the Egyptians could build it first. I need a leader. That means I need a war. While thinking where unleashing my forces a terrible

awful

appears near the city of Antium: 'This source of Iron has exhausted.'
CRAP!!!!

And the new Iron source goes to the city-state of the Aztecs. I need war NOW!
And exactly against Russia.

I stack my troops on the Russian border, and the war begins...

My stack is quite ready.

I need a bigger stack...

Bigger...

I said bigger...

Damn I need a bigger stack of soldiers!

Oh finally. NOW I'm ready to declare war to Cat.

1415 AD: Declaration of war on Russia
1420 AD: Conquest of Moscow. 30 seconds of play. Romans: 1 legio lost. Russians: 3 spearmen, 1 swordsmen lost.

1445 AD: Smolenks falls with very little resistance.

1465 AD: St. Petersburg falls and I gain access to Iron! No new leaders yet.

And now the last Russian fortress...

damn again? You're so annoying Shaka... at least ask for something different. Well gimme a moment to finish with the Russians and then I'll think to you ok?

Um no. :cry:

1510: And finally even Kiev falls - and Catherine with it.

Shaka lands on my empire with some Impi but his invasion is totally useless. Peace done with him. And now Egypt... trying again to reach Veii's walls.

Leonardo's Workshop is still so far to be completed... damn I need A LEADER NOW!

Oh man that's fun - I have the biggest army and I got a city pillaged by barbarians

Nice work. Reminds me of a modern age game where an enemy city I had recently taken was undefended (I could have moved forces to counter my enemy's attack). Then a massive barbarian uprising of horsemen appear from an unclaimed tile behind the city! Ouch, destroyed a university 2 turns from completion and took about 50 gold. Horsemen! You'd think people in an advanced militarist culture would be able to defend against iron age cavalry.

@ Iggy: that's pure bad luck :D very irritating if they attack a city building a wonder :cry:

@ Own: that's why I love legios, they act as Pikemen and Swordsmen. 3-3-1 is superb for both attack and defense, add 50% defense bonus of walls and 20% (20?) if fortified, and they become the most feared defenders of the whole Ancient Era (although historically they have been mostly excellent attackers).
And surely LUCK is what helped me really a lot - if I had ZULUS near my boundaries I had to keep one legio on each city - 2 tile moving Impis are so damn irritating.

Update:

1560 AD: A stack of Legios, 1 catapult and Medieval Infantry siege Memphis, waiting 4 turns for Chivalry Tech to end.

Map Time... the big, red empire is mine :D while that gray which fills the other big island is the Zulu colour - they conquered the English on 1555 AD. Funny thing is, the English had two cities which included 3 resources of Furs and 1 of Iron. No one of these resources was linked with a city, not even the two cities were linked. Smart Elizabeth.

1610 AD: The city of Memphis, after a long siege, falls in my hands. Utilizing a catapult, 2 medieval infantries and the Army I killed 5 evil pikemen guarding the city. The hardest siege. And now Thebes...

1620 AD: My first assault beg--CRAP! What are those 2 pikemen doing near Antium? Damn I have no defense to bring there - they are taking a city and I can just see.

1625: I retake the city and I notice Heroic Epic is not here. I need to rebuild it from scratch.

1690: RNG seems to have turned to my side, at least for a turn. 3 spearmen killed with 3 legios and my army, all redlined. War weariness has entered his catastrophic level - I must CONQUER that city!
And I complete Leonardo's Workshop.

1700: Hammurabi sends ridiculous spearmen and bowmen to 'siege' Antium. War!
Totally unexpectedly, I get another leader! Leaders come when you don't even think to them.

1705: I hurry Sistine Chapel. Babylonians make the city-state of India declare war on me. Bah.

1725: Peace with Hammurabi. Indian troops still camp around many of my northern cities and they provide a lot of trouble.
No more now. Peace with Gandhi. 3 gold per turn.

1730: I complete AGAIN the Heroic Epic.

1735: But it gives me the nice gift of another Leader.

1740 140 YEARS of SIEGE to conquer Thebes!! 10-15 spearmen killed one by one by a mix of legios, knights and medieval infantry!
Peace treaty with Cleo - 4 gold...

EDIT: lol Ansarking you posted when I was still posting this... it took me damn a lot to report the whole action

lol thank you for the correction - I am not a living Civilopedia :cry:

veeery little update - on 1745 Babylonians declare war again on the city-state of France.

After the conquer of Egypt (they still exist however - in exile on a little island NE on the map) it might be useful a world map. Soon it will be all red, but just to track my progress...

Really? I always thought it was 50%. That explains why the RNG was so kind to me on the offensive. :D

Little update

1754: Babylonians, who can't even manage to conquer Paris, declare war (!) on me, thinking that with their spearmen they could annex some new city to their ridiculous empire.
I bribe Joan with a World map, and she gets from Furious to Gracious. Afterall my reputation isn't so bad (if there was UN victory I would have been 0wned)

1774: Zulus 0wn the Spanish. Still some more turn and they'll have the whole island.

1776: Orleans is mine. Heading for Babylon.

1780: Babylon and France reach peace... again.

From now on it will be pretty boring - conquering France, Babylon, India and the Aztecs is not such a challenge - waiting for the final clash between ME and the ZULUS. The winner is obviously known but still fun to watch the clash :D

Top Bottom