Emperor Sury - Pangea

Yep, you should go myst-medi-ph next to get monarchy via trade, then for what I see as the last tech in the game - feudalism. I think the most important thing is to start the war(s) asap though.

I think you could just start the GA immediately in 3 turns. You have 8T time to get monarchy.
There is no doubt our target has to be Sal or Shaka. Pacal likes us, and although he will plot at pleased seems a bit remote. Charlie is even farther away so scratch him from the list. That leaves our remaining two contestants. It would seem Sal is the preferred target with fewer cities. We are also now his worst enemy due to religion. Shaka is pleased with everyone, so a two front war is quite possible at some stage as we make him less happy with us.

Civ4ScreenShot0057.JPG

In a rather ironic twist, our UU even if we got it with construction would not add any real bonus to it's generic equivalent at this moment as neither Shaka nor Sal have horse units.

The real twist would be if the ballista part in the elephant was useful for once!

Saladin is near your army it seems.
It could be opportunistic to shoop a few cities from him now maybe. How many defenders in Mecca?
Otherwise Snaketown has little hope of being productive.
You could give this (maintenance killer) city to Saladin. It will improve his attitude and you can focus East or South.

Shaka with 10 cities, has been plotting forever. Sometimes he likes to march his stack across the map towards a distant AI. Could you find it ?

Last edited:
For future currency pushes, slider at 100% on the turn you decide & check how many turns you can take off with research builds :)
Not all cities must help, just enuf to reach your desired turn number.
Can pay back immediately if an AI has a good amount of gold (tech selling).

With 2 traderoutes / city you should also look if roads to connect with other AIs are missing somewhere.

For future currency pushes, slider at 100% on the turn you decide & check how many turns you can take off with research builds :)
Not all cities must help, just enuf to reach your desired turn number.
Can pay back immediately if an AI has a good amount of gold (tech selling).

With 2 traderoutes / city you should also look if roads to connect with other AIs are missing somewhere.
Got it. I have trade routes with Mayans, Zulu and Arabs. Just not to HRE.
Traded for Monarchy and then tripped GA, revolted to HR.
Going after Saladin next, plan is to destroy everything in our path.
Flipped wealth>research. Construction in 8 @ 0 science. +35gpt.

Flipped wealth>research. Construction in 8 @ 0 science. +35gpt.
If I understand this correctly, you are doing it wrong. You should not be building :science: after you have access to building :gold:. The difference between the two is that :gold: allows you to run higher slider which is the only way to make your libraries be worth something.

If I understand this correctly, you are doing it wrong. You should not be building :science: after you have access to building :gold:. The difference between the two is that :gold: allows you to run higher slider which is the only way to make your libraries be worth something.
Point taken. Construction done.

First took out Damascus and then swung down to Medina. Colossus would be nice, except no real coastal economy with only two small cities. It goes to the torch. The race is now on to Mecca as the Zulu stack is already headed there.
Distinct impression is that what remains of the Arabs isn't great. As it is, Damascus was the only city on a hill. Still no fast movers from him either. My guess is a couple of his cities are tundra towns, but only a hunch.

Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG

Or if a city has many protective Archers let him attack first ;)
(can actually try telling him to attack there)
Well that's the thing...we get to Mecca, his capital, and he is defending with two swords, a spear, an archer, and a cat. No walls.

So you know how this is likely to end.

Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG

Btw have you been able to sell any techs? Are you trading resources for :gold:pt?

A couple screenies.

Demographics- getting smoked in GNP (Pacal?) but comfortably ahead in all other categories except soldiers (Shaka I presume)
Civ4ScreenShot0065.JPG

Have admittedly laid off the whip quite a bit as we have enough to do the job but maintaining the chopping. Military still being cranked out.

Civ4ScreenShot0064.JPG

And diplo to start thinking who's next.
Civ4ScreenShot0066.JPG

Pacal should be very easy to capitulate, especially since your power is probably much higher than his. It's also possible Shaka would bend very quickly if you can wipe out his stack. You are not building any cats. Do you have plenty of them?

Pacal should be very easy to capitulate, especially since your power is probably much higher than his. It's also possible Shaka would bend very quickly if you can wipe out his stack. You are not building any cats. Do you have plenty of them?
Civ4ScreenShot0071.JPG

Top Bottom