Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hi, Just installed using instructions. The UI mod is active, but the first problem i notice: I can't right click to move my units (or move them at all). Is there a list of known mods this "mod" is not compatible with?

Also i downloaded this as an attempt to see the bonuses from the 3uc/4uc/5uc/6uc mods (the 5uc mod creator said this mod would successfully do that) but it is not displaying them.

Hi, Just installed using instructions. The UI mod is active, but the first problem i notice: I can't right click to move my units (or move them at all). Is there a list of known mods this "mod" is not compatible with?

Also i downloaded this as an attempt to see the bonuses from the 3uc/4uc/5uc/6uc mods (the 5uc mod creator said this mod would successfully do that) but it is not displaying them.
There is a list of mods on the downloads page: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ5-enhanced-user-interface.24303/

I don't have any problems using EUI, but I don't have many mods installed. I can't remember them all, but they include Really Advanced Setup, Small Resource Icons, Faster Aircraft Animations, and a couple of others which don't do much apart from change CS colours and speed up movement.

Did you install the Localization files correctly? They have to be installed in a rather odd way (than most mods), TXT_UI and TXT_EUI usually points to a localization key that wasn't translated/retrieved (because the game couldn't find those files).
I have the same problem. I am using English so I was not aware of a specific localization installation. Can you point me to instructions? Update: Ah nevermind, I finally ready back far enough in the thread and this is now fixed.

Also, with the v1.29i, Multiplayer games are not listed either in the LAN or Pitboss LAN selection. When I used the v1.28h I could. Is there a setting that I need to alter to get that to work again? This is a nit since I can use the IP address to force connection but it would be nice to be able to see a list of games.

Last edited:
I wonder whether EUI is causing this bug: When I am meeting a civ for the first time, another civ from the other continent talks to me immediately afterwards. I also get an embassy with that second civ, when I negotiate an embassy with the first after the first encounter.

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone had done or could help me out add Route (road improvements) icons to the YieldStack. Basically, it's extremely hard to see whether there's a road under certain improvements, mainly Polder, Terrace Farm and other plots depending on terrain type, etc.
Adding this to EUI seems like the simplest way to resolve that and I'm going to guess it would have to be added to the followin stack here:

XML:
<Instance Name="Row0" >
        <Stack ID="Row0" Anchor="C,C" StackGrowth="Right" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Row2" >
        <Stack ID="Row2" Anchor="C,C" StackGrowth="Right" Padding="-40" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Improvement" >
        <Image ID="Improvement" Size="150,150" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Resource" >
        <Image ID="Resource" Size="150,150" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Yield" >
        <Image ID="Yield" Size="128,128" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>

However, obviously the instance has to be added to the LUA file as well and that's where my understanding of it ends. Like, I have a decent grasp of understanding the code, and I'm assuming I'd have to add to the Globals here:

C:
local Controls = Controls
local g_HiddenControls = Controls.Scrap
local g_VisibleControls = Controls.YieldStore
local g_OptionsPanel = Controls.OptionsPanel
local g_Anchors = {}
local g_SpareYieldIcons = {}
local g_Textures = { "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas_128_Culture.dds", "YieldAtlas_128_Faith.dds" } --, "YieldAtlas_128_Tourism.dds" }
local g_Offsets = { 0, 128 , 256, 384, 0, 0, 0 }
-- compatibility with "DLL - Various Mod Components" extra yields
local g_Sort = { "Resources", "Improvements", "Features", "Yields" }
local g_All = { Yields = {}, Resources = {}, Improvements = {}, Features = {} }
local g_Names = { Yields = "TXT_KEY_PEDIA_YIELD_LABEL", Resources = "TXT_KEY_CIV5_RESOURCES_HEADING", Features = "TXT_KEY_CIV5_FEATURES_HEADING", Improvements = "TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_HEADING" }
local p = GetPlotByIndex(0)
local g_CalculateYields = g_All.Yields -- masked by later declaration on purpose
local g_Funcs = { Resources = p.GetResourceType, Improvements = p.GetRevealedImprovementType, Features = p.GetFeatureType,
    Yields = function( plot, _, i )
        if g_CalculateYields[i]( plot, i-1, true ) > 0 then
            return i
        end
    end
}

But whether that would be sufficient and exactly what's what within those variables is a bit of a mystery. Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anyone had done or could help me out add Route (road improvements) icons to the YieldStack. Basically, it's extremely hard to see whether there's a road under certain improvements, mainly Polder, Terrace Farm and other plots depending on terrain type, etc.
Adding this to EUI seems like the simplest way to resolve that and I'm going to guess it would have to be added to the followin stack here:

XML:
<Instance Name="Row0" >
        <Stack ID="Row0" Anchor="C,C" StackGrowth="Right" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Row2" >
        <Stack ID="Row2" Anchor="C,C" StackGrowth="Right" Padding="-40" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Improvement" >
        <Image ID="Improvement" Size="150,150" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Resource" >
        <Image ID="Resource" Size="150,150" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>

<Instance Name="Yield" >
        <Image ID="Yield" Size="128,128" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>

However, obviously the instance has to be added to the LUA file as well and that's where my understanding of it ends. Like, I have a decent grasp of understanding the code, and I'm assuming I'd have to add to the Globals here:

C:
local Controls = Controls
local g_HiddenControls = Controls.Scrap
local g_VisibleControls = Controls.YieldStore
local g_OptionsPanel = Controls.OptionsPanel
local g_Anchors = {}
local g_SpareYieldIcons = {}
local g_Textures = { "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas.dds", "YieldAtlas_128_Culture.dds", "YieldAtlas_128_Faith.dds" } --, "YieldAtlas_128_Tourism.dds" }
local g_Offsets = { 0, 128 , 256, 384, 0, 0, 0 }
-- compatibility with "DLL - Various Mod Components" extra yields
local g_Sort = { "Resources", "Improvements", "Features", "Yields" }
local g_All = { Yields = {}, Resources = {}, Improvements = {}, Features = {} }
local g_Names = { Yields = "TXT_KEY_PEDIA_YIELD_LABEL", Resources = "TXT_KEY_CIV5_RESOURCES_HEADING", Features = "TXT_KEY_CIV5_FEATURES_HEADING", Improvements = "TXT_KEY_CIV5_IMPROVEMENTS_HEADING" }
local p = GetPlotByIndex(0)
local g_CalculateYields = g_All.Yields -- masked by later declaration on purpose
local g_Funcs = { Resources = p.GetResourceType, Improvements = p.GetRevealedImprovementType, Features = p.GetFeatureType,
    Yields = function( plot, _, i )
        if g_CalculateYields[i]( plot, i-1, true ) > 0 then
            return i
        end
    end
}

But whether that would be sufficient and exactly what's what within those variables is a bit of a mystery. Any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance!
Edit: messed up the copy-and-paste of the Lua code

I hacked together something that... sorta works, as in, it does display an appropriate icon. Unfortunately the choice of icon is either so big you're basically not going to find it convenient with any other icons, or as small as the yield icons. And this is basically half-assed, as it can't be separately toggled like improvements can be, nor does it accomodate for any modded routes, perhaps even scenarios stuff (sorry, I couldn't be arsed to do that).
Spoiler Screenshot :
Civ5Screen0008.png

XML:
<!-- YieldIconManager.xml -->
    <Instance Name="Route" >
        <Image ID="Route" Size="256,256" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>
I added a call to UpdateRoute whenever UpdateImprovement was called without analyzing the behaviour much.
Code:
--YieldIconManager.lua

include "IconHookup"
local IconHookup = IconHookup

local function UpdateRoute( anchor, plot )
    --I figured there's no point in dislaying road icon over a city, remove these three lines if you think otherwise
    if plot:IsCity() then
        return
    end

local iconRow = anchor.Row0
    local icon = anchor.Route
    local iconIndex = nil
    if (plot:GetRevealedRouteType( GetActiveTeam() )==0) then
        iconIndex = 40
    elseif (plot:GetRevealedRouteType( GetActiveTeam() )==1) then
        iconIndex = 41
    end
    if iconIndex then
        if icon then
            icon:SetHide( false )
        else
            if not iconRow then
                ContextPtr:BuildInstanceForControlAtIndex( "Row0", anchor, anchor.Stack, 0 )
                iconRow = anchor.Row0
            end
            ContextPtr:BuildInstanceForControlAtIndex( "Route", anchor, iconRow, 0 )
            icon = anchor.Route
        end
        IconHookup( iconIndex, 256, "TERRAIN_ATLAS", icon )
    elseif icon then
        icon:SetHide( true )
    else
        return
    end
    iconRow:CalculateSize()
    return anchor.Stack:ReprocessAnchoring()
end

Last edited:
Edit: messed up the copy-and-paste of the Lua code

I hacked together something that... sorta works, as in, it does display an appropriate icon. Unfortunately the choice of icon is either so big you're basically not going to find it convenient with any other icons, or as small as the yield icons. And this is basically half-assed, as it can't be separately toggled like improvements can be, nor does it accomodate for any modded routes, perhaps even scenarios stuff (sorry, I couldn't be arsed to do that).
Spoiler Screenshot :

XML:
<!-- YieldIconManager.xml -->
    <Instance Name="Route" >
        <Image ID="Route" Size="256,256" Sampler="Linear" />
    </Instance>
I added a call to UpdateRoute whenever UpdateImprovement was called without analyzing the behaviour much.
Code:
--YieldIconManager.lua

include "IconHookup"
local IconHookup = IconHookup

local function UpdateRoute( anchor, plot )
    --I figured there's no point in dislaying road icon over a city, remove these three lines if you think otherwise
    if plot:IsCity() then
        return
    end

local iconRow = anchor.Row0
    local icon = anchor.Route
    local iconIndex = nil
    if (plot:GetRevealedRouteType( GetActiveTeam() )==0) then
        iconIndex = 40
    elseif (plot:GetRevealedRouteType( GetActiveTeam() )==1) then
        iconIndex = 41
    end
    if iconIndex then
        if icon then
            icon:SetHide( false )
        else
            if not iconRow then
                ContextPtr:BuildInstanceForControlAtIndex( "Row0", anchor, anchor.Stack, 0 )
                iconRow = anchor.Row0
            end
            ContextPtr:BuildInstanceForControlAtIndex( "Route", anchor, iconRow, 0 )
            icon = anchor.Route
        end
        IconHookup( iconIndex, 256, "TERRAIN_ATLAS", icon )
    elseif icon then
        icon:SetHide( true )
    else
        return
    end
    iconRow:CalculateSize()
    return anchor.Stack:ReprocessAnchoring()
end
No need to apologize, that is more than I hoped for, thanks a bunch! Yes, the current icon is a tad too big, I imagine that by "yield size" icon, you mean the one that is either worker recommendation or the one from strategic view. Both of those would be fine honestly, even if it is small, all I need is an "at glance" option to see whether road is there or not, rather than wait for the tooltip to pop up and tell me.

If you know what the iconIndex is for those smaller icons, I can probably handle that myself and I'm also being told it's not too hard to resize the Atlas icons and add them to the game through a mod which I can look into eventually.

And no worries about integration or support of modded routes/scenarios. I only ever play in a very specific game mode I've modded the rules around so I don't really need much more than that!

No need to apologize, that is more than I hoped for, thanks a bunch! Yes, the current icon is a tad too big, I imagine that by "yield size" icon, you mean the one that is either worker recommendation or the one from strategic view. Both of those would be fine honestly, even if it is small, all I need is an "at glance" option to see whether road is there or not, rather than wait for the tooltip to pop up and tell me.

If you know what the iconIndex is for those smaller icons, I can probably handle that myself and I'm also being told it's not too hard to resize the Atlas icons and add them to the game through a mod which I can look into eventually.
The other ones I found are unfortunately as small as the single food/production/etc icons when placed on a tile, unfortunately. I figured it's not much better than just looking for the road or using the strategic view.
The icon index is just the sequential position of the icon in the atlas/texture file, all the icons in a specific file are the same size. The part responsible for the size is the second argument (256 in my code), it is being looked up by the helper function among the sizes of all the available texture files, either succeeding or writing an error to the Lua log if it's not found. After a glance at the textures under "Resources/DX9" I was only able to find either 256px or 64px versions, either in the terrain icon atlas terrainicons.dds (TERRAIN_ATLAS) or in the builds/unit action atlas unitactions.dds (UNIT_ACTION_ATLAS, alternatively obtainable in EUI through GameInfoCache.Builds["build name, e.g. BUILD_ROAD"]).IconAtlas, and .IconIndex for the index). I chose terrain atlas because it's the only one that had size larger than 64px as far as I can tell, and it has a nice dark round background for the icons.
If you really find a way to scale textures obtained from atlas it would definitely make things much easier, of course.

hi, we try to use EUI mod, but we use MMPatch for use civ5 mod in multiplayer, but there is manifest uncompatibility between both...

Someone know how to prevent the problem? or know another method to activate mod in multiplayer with EUI compatibility?

thx you
Nobody have an idea to patch the problem with using EUI with MMPatch ?!

Hello, I have installed this mod and it is amazing. However it seems to have gotten rid of the info box that appears above the minimap. The info box that would state the tile's terrain and biome type (example: plains, hills) as well as the yield, and name of anything special on said tile, like el dorado. Is there a simple way to re-enable this?

Hello, I have installed this mod and it is amazing. However it seems to have gotten rid of the info box that appears above the minimap. The info box that would state the tile's terrain and biome type (example: plains, hills) as well as the yield, and name of anything special on said tile, like el dorado. Is there a simple way to re-enable this?
This is replaced by a tooltip at the mouse cursor, which should be showing up after the delay that you can define in the options (there are two sliders, one for compact version and one for expanded).
(Disclaimer: I did this in a slightly older than most recent version) If you want to just return the original one, delete the "PlotHelp" folder which will remove the new tooltip, and also open "DLC\UI_bc1\InGame\WorldView.xml" and turn this line
XML:
<!-- <LuaContext ID="PlotHelpText" FileName="PlotHelpText" /> -->
into this:
XML:
<LuaContext ID="PlotHelpText" FileName="PlotHelpText" />
That will return the old tooltip.

Thank you that helped, sometimes it appears and sometimes it just doesn't and I have to mouse over units to get it to appear. Is there a fix for the tech tree rapidly blinking?

Thank you that helped, sometimes it appears and sometimes it just doesn't and I have to mouse over units to get it to appear. Is there a fix for the tech tree rapidly blinking?
Hmm, sorry but I don't experience such issue. The only thing I can suggest is trying out an earlier version (I'm using 1.29h), since it's possible that there are some bugs that got introduced in the latest one.

Also, are you using other mods by any chance (any other mods, even the ones that don't specify that they modify UI)? Could be a compatibility issue

Nope, seems to have sorted itself out though. One last question, how does the save map feature work and what exactly does it do? It seems to just be the same as save game.

Nope, seems to have sorted itself out though. One last question, how does the save map feature work and what exactly does it do? It seems to just be the same as save game.
It allows you to use the same map for another game with different civs (you can choose the saved map from the list of maps in advanced setup menu, it's going to be in the same dropout list where you choose Pangaea, Continents etc). The starting positions are rerolled, and so are all the resources, I assume.

a wonderful mod, but there was a problem.
when the menu of the city of Geneva opens, the game crashes, can something be done about it?
I exit, delete EUI, download and meet Geneva, save, then install EUI again, and if I don't open the city menu in the future, it doesn't crash

thank you if someone helps

a wonderful mod, but there was a problem.
when the menu of the city of Geneva opens, the game crashes, can something be done about it?
I exit, delete EUI, download and meet Geneva, save, then install EUI again, and if I don't open the city menu in the future, it doesn't crash

thank you if someone helps
Try to disable City State Leaders in the options if you have that enabled (it's one of the EUI's components and it did cause crashing for me when opening city-state menu)

Try to disable City State Leaders in the options if you have that enabled (it's one of the EUI's components and it did cause crashing for me when opening city-state menu)
thank you so much, you saved me, it helped

Hey there! I upgraded to v1.29i from 1.28 due to stability issues in the later game but I'm running into the following issue. When I leave the city screen the map is still highlighted in green/blue/purple as to indicate which tiles are being worked. When I mouse over the city name the green highlight disappears, but the blue/purple ones remain. I was wondering if there was a fix for the highlighting of the tiles after leaving the city screen. Many thanks!

Thanks for the great mod, couldn't play without it.
Anyone have a solution to this by any chance?

Anyone have a solution to this by any chance?
I can only suggest going to the History tab at the top and downgrading to 1.29h. That's the version I'm running and it has no such issue. Also, in case you're not aware, manually installed (copied)mods like EUI don't go away when reinstalling the game, so it's possible that you have some random leftover files from other EUI version or something else entirely; consider uninstalling -> deleting any files remaining in the folder -> installing again.

Top Bottom