Erebus in the Balance 2012 (version 9)

Tasunke

Crazy Horse
reserved

I know what you are talking about, but to be blunt your mod is little known outside your own community.

And well, you have no link to your mod in your messages.

I've played your mod, past versions of it anyway. It differs very little from what Tholal has done (which I gather should surprise no one), and is nowhere as ambitious as what magister is trying.

So what do you bring exactly? I say that as someone who wonders why they should try your version, as opposed to just sticking with what has been played here already?

Yes I have taken my hand at some mods in the past, and I was quite proud of them. Still, for instance the latest version of "Tasunke Mod" was simply too large of a file (all that extra background music, cool but unneccessary), and I didn't take the time to convert it into a .exe, so the user had to do all the work.

Therefore, well, in combination with my main gaming computer dying and not being properly replaced for quite nearly a full year, I haven't been modding much on my own.

Will I mod again, and attempt to release said mod(s) to the community? Perhaps, one day, if people are still playing FFH by the time I get around to it.

Still, right now I am not talking about my own mod, but I am posting for someone else's mod that, while having *some* press over here, was still not in the Mods subforum until now.

Of course, if the original creator decides to post his mod in Civfanatics, I will gladly delete this thread, as its just a signpost saying "Over here!" "A cool balance mod made by some Realms Beyond guys!"

Also, Tholal, creator of Naval AI mod, will occasionally play over at realms beyond, so the two communities are more connected than you might think. Still, even so, for some reason the creator has not decided to create a thread here (but others have linked to the mod in other threads that had nothing to do with the FFH mods subforum).

Hmm, I thought I added a link! >< ... must fix that. As for my reason for doing this, I was asked to by someone looking for the EitB mod, wondering why it wasn't in the FFH mod subforum.

So yes, I will add a link. I apologize for the lack of links.

If you follow the link (which I will add shortly) there will be the page ran by the creator, publishing his launch of version 9. In the page there will be a link to a .PDF file that will go over the changelog, and a link to the mod download itself.

A substantial number of people use this mod, albeit to my knowledge most of them tend to reside at Realms Beyond.

find out on the forum! :p

I tried to use the EitBv9.exe to install the mod but after the installation I find no new folder / mod in the ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods. Is it normal ?

I've played your mod, past versions of it anyway. It differs very little from what Tholal has done (which I gather should surprise no one), and is nowhere as ambitious as what magister is trying.

So what do you bring exactly? I say that as someone who wonders why they should try your version, as opposed to just sticking with what has been played here already?

The point of Erebus in the Balance is to balance FFH so that far more civs, leaders, units, strategies etc. are viable than in the base game, while resisting the impulse to add brand-new content. If you are looking for a mod with cool new units and ambitious concepts, this isn't it. If you love vanilla FFH but find yourself frustrated that the Calabim are gods while the Doviello can border on unplayable, then give EitB a try.

To be clear, there are still plenty of brokenly powerful strategies to be found in EitB. It's just much more egalitarian in terms of what civs will have opportunity to implement them.

Yes, I agree with BobCW in that EitB tries to give balance above all things, hence the name.

Spoiler :
and here I thought sunbeam was talking about the "Tasunke MP mod" ...

I had the same problem and had to edit the shortcut that runs the mod and rename the directory there to match that on my machine. i.e there is no Civilization 4 Complete here either.

I tried to use the EitBv9.exe to install the mod but after the installation I find no new folder / mod in the ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods. Is it normal ?

bump for awesomeness.

v10 will incorporate much of MNAI 2.41, yes. Or in other words, it would appear most or all of the AI changes will be incorporated.

What will not be incorporated will be the BUG interface ... however I think that may be partially integrated as an option (with default set to off). Its a peculiarity of Realms Beyond to avoid BUG whenever possible, due to a certain competitiveness among the single player adventures where posted games/victories are compared. Speaking of which, I think its been awhile since an FFH adventure was posted, might be time for someone to create the next one ^_^

The bug interface will be wholely integrated (its also the reason its unreleased at the moment, as he's making a separate XML for it to read off) however requires a button to be flipped in the custom game settings.
There is no official date of release, but there have been hints at this month.

The rb culture of avoiding bug lies in that not everyone plays on it, and it gives an unfair advantage to those who use it (and thus would practically make it a requirement as in the hall of fame).

Realms beyond underwent a forum transfer last year, so any links from before October(?) will be invalid.

I've been working (unofficially) on a EitB adventure. Won't be as good as Bob's of course.

Is this mod stable in MP? Does it support Tholai's Revolution modcomp, especially in MP?
:)

It is MADE for MP ....

any features it still has, it should be compatable with imho ... but I don't think you can merge it with any other mods.

Top Bottom