Excited or Scared?

chgrogers

Prince
Spoiler :

Should I be Excited or scared looking this start?

Some things to note:
Immortal
Random Map.
Standard Size and speed

It isn't that bad if you move one tile north or east so you can work all the gold and fish. It is also most likely Archipelago and at worst you at least have a very easy to defend starting peninsula. You can probably skimp on early troops...and you will need to in order to spam work boats.

:c5production: will be a problem for you.

It isn't that bad if you move one tile north or east so you can work all the gold and fish. It is also most likely Archipelago and at worst you at least have a very easy to defend starting peninsula. You can probably skimp on early troops...and you will need to in order to spam work boats.

:c5production: will be a problem for you.

How is :c5production: a problem? He has a marble supply and a hill clearly within reach!

looks like it would be fun to play around with. would like to see what this looks like at turn 100.

Move one tile to the east and you will eventually have a super city. :p

It is not turn 211 and things are not going well. It is indeed an Archipelago map. Bazaar is really helpful in at least selling off resources and getting more RA but it still isn't helping. I am struggling in Renaissance while Korea is already in the modern Era. With 1 other in industrial.

Well here is the end results of my attempt + the ini save.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

My DLCs are all but Polynesia

Attachments

• AutoSave_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    516.8 KB · Views: 40
Did you settle other cities? From looking at your screenshots it is hard to see what your objective was in terms of a victory condition.

I certainly would have taken over Edinburgh. That island is not big enough for the both of you...

You could have still win this by hoarding money.
Before the un vote buy 10 city and declare everyone. Cheap but victory :)

Did you settle other cities? From looking at your screenshots it is hard to see what your objective was in terms of a victory condition.

I certainly would have taken over Edinburgh. That island is not big enough for the both of you...

Yes I settled one on the island to west of India and another to the East of near Russia last stand and Korea big push.

Yes I think that should have been my early game war. I just feel so scared about taking CS but 1 would have been ok.

@ Arilian once I realized Korea was trying to win by Diplo I tried to horde money and drain his 15k Gold reserves but he just had too much for me to overcome.

Diplomatic victory on Immortal is very hard they crush you very hard. 7 votes vs 4.But you have only 1 city that is to low for Diplomatic.

I never saw defeat screen until now, and I never had good starting position like this. It made me sad. :(
Never played on Immortal also, King was the highest for me.

Only 1 city is needed on this map. I was able to win via space relatively easily...it's all about the Colossus with this start. Was making around 100-150 GPT throughout the game, plus with luxury sales was plenty to constantly sign RAs with every civ and hold 4-5 CS allies. Didn't even get the Porcelain Tower. Never had a war.

Spoiler :
Arab-SSLaunch.jpg

Top Bottom