Extended timeline modmod - NOW AVAILABLE

Which timeline would you prefer?

• Timeline A (600 turns)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HNation

You underestimate my power!
EDIT: I went with Timeline B

Installation instructions: Unpack the rar, drag the two maps into the PrivateMaps folder and overwrite, drag XMLConsts into the Assets/Python folder and overwrite, drag CIV4GameSpeedInfo into the Assets/XML/GameInfo folder and overwrite

I am going to be making a modmod for RFCE that increases the number of turns in the game. Here are the options.

TIMELINE A
3 years per turn from 500 to 1100. 200 turns
2 years per turn from 1100 to 1700, 300 turns
1 year per turn from 1700 to 1800, 100 turns

TIMELINE B
3 years per turn from 500 to 800. 100 turns
2 years per turn from 800 to 1700, 450 turns

Timeline A has the advantage of being in line with SoI and DoC, and may or may not have faster turn times. (I'm not sure why fewer turns = faster turn times, but I've read that on here). Timeline B has the advantage of giving Civs like Germany and Venice a little more breathing room for their UHVs.

I have to recalculate a bunch of date/turn correspondences in the python for this, so I'm only going to do one of these. Which one should it be?

Attachments

• ExtendedTimelineRFCE.rar
    72.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
My inclination would be to go for Timeline B -- there just aren't that many civs in the game (and hence, not that many decisions that would warrant having extra turns) between 500 and 800, so having the 3 year cycles that let those years elapse more quickly seems like the better option. OTOH... it really depends on how it'd feel while playtesting, whether option A would feel too rushed between 800-1100 or whether option B would feel too slow between those years.

What are the 'years per turn' numbers in the current version of RFCE? It'd help to be able to compare the two.

My inclination would be to go for Timeline B -- there just aren't that many civs in the game (and hence, not that many decisions that would warrant having extra turns) between 500 and 800, so having the 3 year cycles that let those years elapse more quickly seems like the better option. OTOH... it really depends on how it'd feel while playtesting, whether option A would feel too rushed between 800-1100 or whether option B would feel too slow between those years.
Maybe I can team up with @voigt if he ever comes back. He began work on an improved version of RFCE. I only want to change the timescale once. It's a lot of work recalculating the dozens of dates in Python.
What are the 'years per turn' numbers in the current version of RFCE? It'd help to be able to compare the two.
4 years per turn from 500 to 900, 100 turns
3 years per turn from 900 to 1500, 200 turns
2 years per turn from 1500 to 1700, 100 turns

I went with Timeline B and the file is now available in the first post of this thread

To clarify, is this for 'Standard' speed, or 'Marathon'? (...Or does RFCE not have that option, and I'm confusing it with SOI and DOC?) I'm also wondering if the edits you did had any effect on tech speed, production speed, etc., or if it's the same as before for both and there are just more turns available for all of it?

To clarify, is this for 'Standard' speed, or 'Marathon'? (...Or does RFCE not have that option, and I'm confusing it with SOI and DOC?) I'm also wondering if the edits you did had any effect on tech speed, production speed, etc., or if it's the same as before for both and there are just more turns available for all of it?
There is only the one speed in RFCE. I didn't adjust tech or production speeds. The eventual goal is to add more techs and buildings, and possibly wonders, too.

Top Bottom