facebook civ alpha

Selous

King
just got a msg on facebook saying how well the first 2 rounds of FB civ has gone and wondering if anyone here got onto the alpha?? (and if the/a civfanatic team made the cut??)

just wondering how it is going? enjoyable? able to even speak about it? would like to see some screenies and such

What game is this pic from? Google's image search brings it up if you look for 'Civilization World Alpha'

But it also brings up this cutesy Nintendo looking stuff

I'm sure CIv facebook will be a big success for the egomaniac Meier but unfortunately I'll never get to play it because I have no friends and don't use FB :cry:

civilization world comment
Selection is not first-come-first-served; right now we're picking teams by hand to get the balance of player types that we currently need to test with. Hang in there though, because we will be letting more people in!

wonder what demographic that would be? the ******ed masses of FB?
but im sure it is no suprise to anyone!! but i am hoping that it will be better than other facebook games (looking at you mafiawars and all those other zenga games)

so many peeps on FB are asking for a screenshot, not much to ask for i say ...

eh....

Civ : Santa's in town
Civ : Sid grew a beard
Civ : You only need to use 1 finger (and no brain)
Civ : "hey! I got an idea. Lets take our dusty old franchise and completely destroy it, by trying to reach an audience who will shift farmville out with civ ville (but change to cafeville the next day)"
Civ : Smell my finger!

:lol: first one is Civ3 city view ;).

I suspected it might be, but I couldn't find any pics on google. I figured it wasn't in the end because the map graphics aren't as polished.

I have Civ 3 but have never got round to playing it!

Attachments

• civ6 2.jpg
    civ6 2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 734
  • farmville.jpg
    farmville.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 150
  • civ_world_0.jpg
    civ_world_0.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 144
  • herd-of-sheep.jpg
    herd-of-sheep.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 160
Far left is civ 6 isn't it? :lol:
Edit: (Or maybe it was civworld?)
Herd of sheep :goodjob: :lol:

eh....

Civ : Santa's in town
Civ : Sid grew a beard
Civ : You only need to use 1 finger (and no brain)
Civ : "hey! I got an idea. Lets take our dusty old franchise and completely destroy it, by trying to reach an audience who will shift farmville out with civ ville (but change to cafeville the next day)"
Civ : Smell my finger!
Civ: 2 girls 1 cup

That almost sounds appealing.

(Not really.)

I applied for the alpha testing but I doubt they are going to except me. Probably because I checked civ 3, 4, and 5 in the little "what civs hev you played box?" I bet they only except completely inexperienced facesheep users to test the game. So they all come back saying,

"omG it is sooo FuNN!!!" "I already spent $30 dollars on premium content so the game will be enjoyable. I love freemium games that eat my wallet and my soul!"

You should make a poll called "How bad do you think civworld will be?" I bet 99.9% of civfanatics will vote "really bad"

I applied for the alpha testing but I doubt they are going to except me. Probably because I checked civ 3, 4, and 5 in the little "what civs hev you played box?" I bet they only except completely inexperienced facesheep users to test the game. So they all come back saying,

"omG it is sooo FuNN!!!" "I already spent $30 dollars on premium content so the game will be enjoyable. I love freemium games that eat my wallet and my soul!"

You should make a poll called "How bad do you think civworld will be?" I bet 99.9% of civfanatics will vote "really bad"

and this is why they wouldnt have accepted a civfanatic team ;)

oh i forgot that you can spend money in these games to make yourself a little more powerful and the such :cry:

i really hope we are all wrong and civ world an excellent addition to the franchise ...

It is absolutely ridiculous because you can't win a fb game. They go on forever. I know my fiance is addicted to frontierville. You have to help your neighbors to get stuff. LOL!

Hello! The first two rounds of Closed Alpha games were action packed! In two of our games, the Egyptian civilization dominated by conquering other nations, and by attracting independent players through sheer awesomeness. In another game, the British civilization cleverly secured an ending-era technology victory by making a key, last-minute auction bid

looks like a game only last so long? and then is reset for another round
who knows, it sounds fun
wonder if it is a global game or many seperate games going on at once

dont really see any kind of need to keep everything secret (screenshots, gameplay style ect) its not like "everyone" is going to rushout and purchace this game on release day (unless u have to purchace the title to play?)

Civ World games will have a well-defined beginning and end, each ending with a triumphant civilization and one person recognized as that game’s most prestigious player. Along the way, as you progress through the different eras of time, you'll have the chance to win era victories as well. We want players to have both a final goal to work towards, as well as short-term objectives to achieve as they play. The trophies you unlock with your triumphs will carry over from game to game, and you can show them off in your throne room.

wow, it really does sound pretty cool, but then so did ciV ...

xxx send to you a cute paratroppie unit! would you like to help him with his FarmCiv?

sad...trully SAd

The only saving grace about Civ: Smell Sid's Finger is that Firaxis don't have to program an AI, since it is 100% multiplayer, and this is great news because Firaxis haven't made a decent AI in years. :)

Top Bottom