Favorite map scripts

Lyoncet

Emperor
Now that we've had a little while for the BNW changes to shake out, what maps are people enjoying the most? I've done a random-Archipelago and a Pangaea, and I'm currently early on in a small continents game. Small continents has been a perennial favorite of mine, but I also tend to enjoy some of the waterless maps.

Any thoughts? What scripts do you like the most? Especially in light of the BNW changes, and how that effects the way you like your maps. And if I'm looking for a good wrapped all-land map (like, say Lakes?), what would you recommend?

Small continents with sea level LOW + a few extra civs gives really cool scenarios and nowadays AI colonizes different spots nicely.
Having low sea level means that some civs have their own island, British style, and others are on same continents. I like to add a couple of more AIs too, like with a standard size map 10 AI civs.
(also a bit less city-states than standard!)

Earth and standard continents are classic too, and for a good reason = fun.

Ice age map script was recommended for here on forums, and it really gives a new twists, as only parts of it are profitable/habitable!

I also like to sink sea level to low and add civs, makes for a more connected world with less big oceans to traverse. Tried hemispheres recently and found first map produced a bit similar results.

Archipelago, small continents, Large Islands are my favourite. Since I enjoy naval wars, but they are to easy.

I usually go Pangea for a bit more challenge, or its cousin "Rainforest" or even "Amazonas".

I like fractal and continents plus. I don't generally play archipelago because then I feel inclined to pick a leader that does really well on water maps, and that feels a little cheaty.

As most civs; large islands is my favorite and has been for some time.

But as Indonesia, I'd want tiny islands.

I always use All random except size (large). I love me some surprises. Too bad I build the scout on a large island and all that :lol:

Top Bottom