Fear, Loathing, and Gumbo on the Campaign Night - [Gamethread]

Vote: DoubleA if we let batteries vote, what will be next? Companies?

vote: atheotes

does anybody else feel like interns are getting more and more incompetent? I just had a birthday and some intern with this big stupid grin on his face gave me something called a "pet rock"

He now has a p"pet rock" sized bruise somewhere on his torso. Been a while since I've played ball but I guess the ol' arm still got that zing! Ripped it right across the room.

will review thread

OFFICAL VOTE TALLY
[TIMER=4/10/2016 5:00 PM EDT; END OF DAY 1][/TIMER]​

MartinLuther: 4 (Legato Endless, DuffKilligan, Robert Can't, Civ'ed)

SouthernKing: 3 (Red Spy, Double A, Terran Empress)

Civ'ed: 2 (Spaceman98, Mat93)

KaiserElectric: 1 (SouthernKing)
Kennigit: 1 (Zack, MartinLuther)
Zach: 1 (Lohren)
Christos: 1 (Choxorn)
Red Spy: 1 (KingMorgan)
Choxorn: 1 (Atheotes)
DuffKilligan: 1 (KaiserElectric)
Atheotes: 1 (Kennigit)
Spaceman98: 1 (Zack)

19/25 votes recorded

Not voting: Jarrema, Tolni, Snerk, Golden1Knight, Christos, Takhisis

(Bold denotes have posted this round)

It feels rather random to me. I mean, it's my first-time mafia-ing, but we just decide to lynch someone for no apparent reason.

Maybe we should just wait until one of the Rummies attacks.

day 1 is entirely random good luck convincing me otherwise

That doesn't give us any extra information though as to who is a Rummy, only who is not and by that point said person is dead.

In fact in doing that we'd have less information as to who is who because we couldn't look at other people's voting in the first day.

Waiting just gives the Rummies an extra chance to strike.

That said though I've never played Mafia over a forum before either so my observations may not be entierly correct either.

Maybe we should just wait until one of the Rummies attacks.
Yeah, let's let the mafia be the sole arbiters of who lives and who dies.

Your line of thinking is not unusual for new players, but it is extremely flawed.

There's an 80%-90% chance we kill a townie, but I (and everyone else I know) is pretty okay with that. It leaves one less place for them to hide. When a rummy kills someone, there's a 0% chance they're scum.

day 1 voting is a lot like old people voting on the butterfly ballot in 2000

People look at the ballot quickly, try to vote the top scum candidate, and end up voting for Pat Buchanon

Then days 2-7 are those old people trying to drive home. A couple swerves into the median, a few downed mailboxes, sometimes driving 5 mph in a 30 mph zone, but you know they're trying to make it home.

Except takhisis, he goes back to his little ball of string since cats can't vote

day 1 is entirely random good luck convincing me otherwise

There is the occasionally day 1 bag based off real character/post deconstruction, but it's not the default expectation certainly.

we could be killing one of our own for all we know

We've got a good margin for error though. The scum have to force the town (s) to miss a fair bit. Don't overthink things too much when there's little to go on, just *play with the flow and trust your instincts. If something jumps out to you, go with it even if you've no rational explanation. That comes later with better data.

A vanilla town needs to be willing to make sacrifices both of their kin and themselves. It's much more strategic than the tactical game of cat and mouse the wolves and big power roles are prone to playing.

(going with the flow is awful advice later on, but day 1 is it's on ritual compared to what follows)

Top Bottom