FF051 OoS thread.

i have been keeping the scions, kuriotates, and leigon out of my games and my oos problems have been solved, thanks for the suggestions

what is leigon, how do you keep leigon out of your game?

the legion of detesh, and i kept them out by manually (but still slightly randomly) picking the civilizations that are in my game

The Legion is a Fall Plus civ, so it doesn't matter to anyone not in Fall Plus.

This might be obvious to everyone else, but I seem to experience far less OoS's when playing on a team with other players rather than against them in multi-player.

Bump.

Still getting the desyncs with FF in multiplayer :( and it's such a shame because this modmod is really great!

Reading some of the older posts, I'd agree that it seems to be ranged attacks that make things go fubar. We always desync a few turns after goblin archers appear in the game.

Would it be possible to implement a method of re-launching (as in: the host's client quick-saves and then loads from that save immediately afterward) mid-game to fix OoS?

This wouldn't stop OoS's from occurring, but it would make them much less inconvenient.

Bad news - it's ALL ranged combat. We hit another OOS wall I was only able to pass with a new mini-file that removes it from everything. Something about it is shunting the games out of synch when it comes up. With it removed, we're now onto finishing our first FF game - OOSing very rarely - once every 50ish turns, at turn 471 now.

How do i remove the very irritating OOS archer thing???? :cry:

How do i remove the very irritating OOS archer thing???? :cry:

OOSBreak
One of the biggest current issues with out of synchs, at least in patch B, are ranged attacks. As a very band-aid solution, OOSBreaker removes Ranged attacks from everything, except Force 2 mages (which I've never seen the AI use.) This is a very wide stroke of the pen, but has allowed my playtest group to continue games we thought were totally un-salvagable.
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?zjhmzmim21d

Taken from http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8369785&postcount=2

Thanks a bunch, Curse. Busy now and can't quite stalk the forums to the degree I used to!

Well after playing again extensivly this week end, I believe it is................

The poison associated with the goblin archer attacks.

Other ranged combat doesn't seem to cause oos like the gobbie scorpion clan poison archers.

I think if you took poison off the scorpion clan archers that would go along way to test this bit.

I don't think the frostling cause the same havoc as the dreaded gobbie archer.

Using the three patches of Iceciro I managed to play a game up to 300 turns with a friend without a single OOS. Great work! Now if only I could get a similar patch for Orbis...

sorry to bump this thread, but a big cause of OOS in our game is whenever we try to join a summoned civilization, is there any way to help fix that? cant play demons or angels (or frozen) because of this.

i want to give them a try, but with them OOSing our game it is impossible

EDIT, is there a mod out there that would remove or reduce the OOS warning, i am looking to just keep playing when i get one

The change to a new civ will cause an OOS in every FfH mod (and FfH itself). Thus far unsolvable, but I am not sure anyone has devoted serious time to solving it. Once you have brought the new civ into the world, have the host save the game, exit to the lobby, and when the game reloads, select the new civ instead of your old one.

Playing past an OOS means that you and the other player ought to just be playing a single player game, because you no longer see the same information (ie - for you, the Luchuirp may be dead and out of the game, while for him they may be dominating the scoreboard and covering the lands. All because of your random numbers being shifted off from one another by a single roll 200 turns before and ignoring the OOS)

The change to a new civ will cause an OOS in every FfH mod (and FfH itself). Thus far unsolvable, but I am not sure anyone has devoted serious time to solving it. Once you have brought the new civ into the world, have the host save the game, exit to the lobby, and when the game reloads, select the new civ instead of your old one.

Playing past an OOS means that you and the other player ought to just be playing a single player game, because you no longer see the same information (ie - for you, the Luchuirp may be dead and out of the game, while for him they may be dominating the scoreboard and covering the lands. All because of your random numbers being shifted off from one another by a single roll 200 turns before and ignoring the OOS)

as for the first part, we have tryed that, it goes OOS when the game starts every time

as for the second part, it seems a bit exaggerated, imean, if an archer shoots a scout running by his fort 200 turns ago, would it really cause such a serious error?

AI war declaration depends on a single random roll, so OOS can easily cause a war in one game and no war in the other.

It's annoying though that you can't force the game to get in sync with the server.

does anyone know any tips for getting a game back and running quickly after an OOS?

Using the three patches of Iceciro I managed to play a game up to 300 turns with a friend without a single OOS. Great work! Now if only I could get a similar patch for Orbis...

It's a bit of a hackjob solution to remove all of the ranged combat, I know, but it freakin' works.
As far as on switching civs, there's nothing you can do...

Top Bottom