FF051 OoS thread.

does anyone know any tips for getting a game back and running quickly after an OOS?

Depends what caused the sync issue. If it is caused by a player changing leaders, you can save game, exit, load saved game and re-launch, for example.

If it is caused by a bugged unit (buff, debuff or other issue) it may be possible to use world builder, remove the bugged issue, and similarly re-launch. This can often require substantial investigation, however, and have no absolute chance of success.

Depends what caused the sync issue. If it is caused by a player changing leaders, you can save game, exit, load saved game and re-launch, for example.

If it is caused by a bugged unit (buff, debuff or other issue) it may be possible to use world builder, remove the bugged issue, and similarly re-launch. This can often require substantial investigation, however, and have no absolute chance of success.

Well, you can have OoS issue only when playing MP, so using WB to fix it is out of question, isn't it ?

It is, unless he meant a WorldBuilder Savefile, which would require saving the game, leaving it, text-editing the save, then reloading the game from the hacked file to resume.

I don't know if I understood it correctly... can you do something like this ? Only way I know to create a WB save is from WB, that I can't enter in MP. When I open normal save, made by save game option, in text editor they are just random letters.

Yeah, I know. But only way to create WB save is to open Worldbuilder and export game as a WB save. Problem here is that I can't open Worldbuilder in multiplayer game - enter worldbuilder option simply doesn't appear.

Yes, it is an investigative process.

If the issue becomes understood one can restore the game to an earlier auto-save (load from auto-save, subsequently save game manually) and attempt a remedy at a later time if the game has some sentimental value.

Top Bottom