FF2: Earth Map

Gagonite

Irishman
Hey guys, big fan of the FFH2 mod here. I've been working recently on a map that takes the Earth 18 map and puts all 19 civilizations on it. However, though I do have a placement for each of the Civs so far, I decided on making a post here and am curious about where everyone thinks each civilization should go, as well as any ideas on some of the FFH2-Specific resources such as Mithril and Mana Nodes should go. Not to mention the unique improvements, and "random" improvements such as dungeons, towers, and such.

Any and all feedback will be appreciated, and I'll release a 'beta' of this map here very soon, probably within a couple of hours, as well as an update here on this post saying where all the civs are currently.

Edit: Here is the link to the map so far, so people can check it out.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14644

Also, if someone already did this, could someone let me know, and point me towards the post? I'd love to give it a look at.

Can someone move this to the FFH2 Maps Sub-forum? Didn't notice there was that forum when I made this post. Thanks

Edit: Ah, nevermind, it'll probably be fine here.

Ah nice, thanks for showing this to me. Checking it out now, though I dislike it not being the Huge map. (Big fan of Neal's series).

The civilization placement bugs me, as it doesn't seem to fit with the lore at all, which I want to keep up with to an extent.

As to my map, I've posted the link to the download page, so people can give it a look at if they want to. I haven't tested it yet though.

I would try it out, but please let us know the directory that we should be extracting to?

Best wishes,

Bruenor

The PrivateMaps folder within your Fall From Heaven 2 mod folder works fine. You can open it from the game through play a scenario or custom scenario in-game.

Khazad in Ireland, Lanun in the Carribean, Malakim in Egypt, Kuriotates in France, Amurites in Korea, Hippies in Mongolia, Doviello in Siberia, Balseraphs in Japan.

lol, well, I'm not necessarily placing them where they are culturally similar to the real world, but instead I'm trying to place them where their lore would fit the geography, as well as something that would work for Gameplay purposes. I don't want them stuck on a small island for example, and too stupid to get off it. I kind of started with the Illians up in Siberia, then went from there, and as such, the Dovellio and Amurites are not insanely far from them (Dovellio are in western Siberia, in less snowy terrain, and Amurites are north-east of the Korean penninsula)

I wanted the Lanun to start out on an island of course, and I figured that Australia would work best, as there are a ton of island chains out there. The Carribean would definitely fit their pirate nature, but the islands there are horribly small, and there aren't very many of them, so the Lanun when played by the AI would be off to a very bad start, and probably unable to recover.

The Balseraphs, I put in India due to it being relatively jungly terrain (You know their love of caged, exotic, animals, for example), as well as allowing them to have their own subcontinent to themselves.

As for the idea of the Khazad in Ireland.. gameplay purposes come to mind again, as well as it not being hilly at all. They'd get stuck on that poor island and do horrible in the game. Where they are now, in the area of Kenya, they have a large amount of Hills, though currently they seem to have a food shortage.. I'm working on that.

Actually, playing the other FFH Earth map on here, Lanun is incredibly hard starting out in NE South America, under the Carabean. People everywhere, no production, jungles everywhere. Have you considered putting them in Norway or England?

I have them in Australia.. they have a fair amount of production, extra food (I added a few resources), and tons of open space near the ocean to settle. Barbs aren't a 'huge' problem either. Just an annoyance.

There should be three mithril. One in Moscow, one in Tokyo, and one in Los Angeles.

As for mana nodes, there should be plenty in India, Africa, and South America.

There should definitely be at least one iron resource in both Germany and France, as well as China.

Reagents and Incense should only be in the middle east, with a lot of it there.

Malakim should probably start in Saudi Arabia (or Egypt), while Hippus either Northern China or Mongolia. Mongolia should have Pigs, Sheep, and Horses, and China should have Wines, Iron, and Rice (lots of rice, some corn too).

The Bannor should start either in North America (Great Plains w/ Corn, SouthEast with Cotton and Sugar, Copper and Iron in NE, Mithril in SW) or Moscow (Mithril, Iron)

Kuriotates could go in either France, Japan, or China. It would probably make the most sense for Kuriotates to start in China (middle of the earth, world's most powerful culture "pre Mao") perhaps near Shanghai or the Southern Capital?

Top Bottom