FFH NES III: The Eastern Expanse

Of a new Home

Men came trickling into the warehouse, Captain Trimmer in front. They looked muddy and down after a day on the streets with this down pour. At their side entered a couple of young children, shaking in the rags they were wearing, but looking relieved at the prospect of a solid roof above their heads. Trimmer watched them go, led by a few of one of the squads men and women to a warm fire in the centre of the old warehouse, a fire pit dug after the giant slabs of natural stone that formed the original floor had been removed. Those very slabs now rested besides the doors of this place, usable to barricade the entrances when necessary, to hold of trouble until backup would appear. Their leader had discovered this warehouse only a few days after they had arrived into the city…. From the gates of death itself… Trimmer thought to himself. And now, the game starts all over again. Well, he hoped Artan knew what he was up to, he seemed… unbalanced after his own brush, his knock on the gates…. too which we answered, for debts unresolved, the chance he promised. And now they were in a land they did not know.
From a hallway on his left, a long slight figure came into the room, long dark hair hanging to his shoulders, his skin a fading tan, eyes a startling grey. He walked, limping, using his right hand to rest on an iron cane. On his left hand, a tiny brilliant blinding flame rested. Just behind him, a young woman, somewhere in her twenties, hair black as jet, and wearing the remains of once good black silk clothing, now tattered. Well, at least unbalanced or not, he has her.
Having entered the centre of the room, Artan too watched the children go. He spoke, a soft, aristocratic voice.
“Orphans, Trimmer ?”
“Yes, sir. I deemed it necessary, they were about to fall in the hands of a demon summoner, one of the more radical in this city.”
“Ah, yes” Artan said, “for some, blood just isn’t good enough it seems.” he looked at the woman, Kisatia, exchanging glances ”I think, they will be doing well by gathering food for us. Meanwhile, keep an eye on that squinter.”
“You mean the one with the perpetual foul look ?”
“Exactly.”
“I will sir.” and Trimmer left, leaving the two behind.
For a while all was silent. Then Kisatia asked him:
“Are you recruiting talented people now ? From this land ?”
“Wasn’t I too, in the empire ?”, looking at her, lifting an eyebrow.
“Yes, for bodyguards, for servants. This is more like the old emperors family. This band of… people orphaned. Cast from their homes. Those talented. He recruited you too, after you were cast from your temple, Artanthos.”
“So ?” he asked, casting an inquisitive glance at her.
“You as him ? He was a lunatic.”
“He gathered on to himself the means to create an empire, as a barkeeper and mage on a backwater island . We now have… a new home”
“He had a companion.”
“So have I, and something more.” He said, looking in her eyes, the flame in his hand turning from brilliant white to a warm burgundy.

Has any of you heard something of master of disaster ? I have been waiting for stats for ages, but it's almost friday again.....

I'm sure whereever he is, he's safe
he's on the run from the CIA! They're trying to frame him for the upcoming assassination of *beeeeeep* and they know that he's onto them. Send out the warning! Don't be fooled by the goverment, the truth is out there!

Yeah I had a rough week dealing with whatever the heck I caught last weekend. I wasn't hospital sick or anything, but enough that this fell off my priority list.

I'm planning on just moving everything back a week. So I'll get the update and stats finished this weekend, and then next turn orders will be due friday. I'll catch up on emails/pms this weekend too.

:bump:
:bump::bump:
:wallbash:
HELLOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

MoD seems dead.

Apologies to all. :( I've really been neglecting this a lot lately but I've got a lot more time opening up soon so I'd like to give this another shot if anyone still wants to stay onboard. :D

The next update will be finished sometime Monday, although there is a slight chance I might find time to finish it today. Monday is much more likely.

After that, I'm going to stick to a set weekly schedule because I've learned that flexible scheduling encourages me to procrastinate way too much. ;) So for the new schedule, all orders would have to be in Friday or Saturday, and the update would be up by monday. Stats would be sent out on Monday also. I should have the time to maintain this schedule, at least until April-May, but that is a long way off.

damnit, this is the third nes/neslike thing to die on me...

Top Bottom