FfH2 0.13 Bugs:

wilboman said:
Warg. It is Tolkien, but the word is "borrowed" from Norwegian/Swedish. Forgive me for nagging, I won't do it again. Much.:mischief:

I see in the article, however, that in D&D and Warcraft your version of the word is used. So I suppose it's an individual thing.

Ahh.. right you are, see I steal so much I dont even know where i am stealing from anymore.

Are 2.012 save files not compatible with the 2.013 patch? My save file won't load in 2.013, or so it says.

Hamsterman said:
Are 2.012 save files not compatible with the 2.013 patch? My save file won't load in 2.013, or so it says.

Right, it definitly won't work.

Kael said:
Yeap, exactly as he says.

It should be Worg, stolen from Tolkien. I actually don't like stealing from Tolkien because his stuff is so well know and so copied everywhere (which is why I also prefer norse and celtic references to greek/roman), but I just cant imagine a goblin riding anything but a worg.

If it makes you feel any better, Goblins and Wolves being friendly comes from Norse mythology in the first place. I don't recall offhand if goblins ever rode wolves - I think they did, but I'm not certain - in the mythology, but they are certainly friendly with each other and support each other.

Nah, they're not really Mud Golems - they're just completely covered in dirt cuz they're kept where the Mud Golems are. Golems don't need showers, you know. ;)

Hi. This is my first post for FFH, but I must say it is truly a great mod and excellent work to all of you. :)

When I installed 2.013a and try to run, I get an error while the system tries to load the xml (uncached).

"Tag: UNITAI_MAGE_OFFENSIVE in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is Units/CIV4UnitInfos.xml"

I get it about 4 or 5 times and then the game will load. Then I get the pink squares for the leaders and also red circles for the settler once I start.
Any ideas, or is it something I did?

Did you download the whole mod not just the patch? Sounds like that old chestnut.

Kael, you might want to adopt a better naming convention for your patch files - ofr example, the one on the front of this thread should be clearly labelled as a 0.13 -> 0.13a patch (FFH2_0113_0113a_patch.exe or something). They both have the same filename at present.

so, any comments on the fact that religions get founded in kuriotate settlements? seems like a waste....

rendermad said:
so, any comments on the fact that religions get founded in kuriotate settlements? seems like a waste....

Have to think about it. Not an easy problem.

Attacking Loki results in a Python exception along the lines of "FFHFindClearPlot requires 3 arguments (2 given)".

Even after fixing that error (find the Loki code and add an extra None parameter to the FFHFindClearPlot call), it still doesn't fix the bugs I initially reported here:
1) The attacking unit doesn't move into the place Loki escaped from.
2) Loki can't retreat into friendly or neutral units and cities.
3) Loki can't retreat into friendly transport ships.

edit: removed outdated code

BeefontheBone said:
Did you download the whole mod not just the patch? Sounds like that old chestnut.

Kael, you might want to adopt a better naming convention for your patch files - ofr example, the one on the front of this thread should be clearly labelled as a 0.13 -> 0.13a patch (FFH2_0113_0113a_patch.exe or something). They both have the same filename at present.

Oh duh! :blush: I install my games to C:\Games, not the default C:\Program Files..... so, in my eager anticipation, I installed .013 to the nonexistant \Program Files\Firaxis folder, and the .013a patch to the right place in C:\Games\Civ4\Mods.

:rolleyes:

Kael I was just playing and and saw a barbarian worker appear (no worldbuilder/cheat here). I looked back an auto save, and it wasn't there before, so that is kind of weird:

So I went and captured it and I got this:

An early crash in yr. 129 playing the elves on a huge Panagea map, Noble, with raging barbs. All went fine until a few turns after the barbs started heading for my city. Have not downloaded the patch yet, but the problem seems different from those noted. Thanks.

View attachment 130771

BeefontheBone said:

Ohh thank you .. found my problem!

Had the unitai_mage_misc and unitai_mage_offensiv problem too .. dl the patch (0.13a) only but i had the 0.12 version and not 0.13 .. the mod do start but its all messed up.

Kael said:
rendermad said:

Have to think about it. Not an easy problem.

I put the code for this in my code thread.

In my current game, the Malakim have a settlement. I don't know how they got it. I think the settlement has joined the Malakim because of their culture. Or is this intended?

In my last game i made a lot of civic changes and the civic screens said that there would be three turns of anarchy. But then the anarchy lasted only for one turn (at the beginning of the turn Perpentach declared war - then the anarchy was suddenly over.)

Top Bottom