FfH2 0.21 Bug Thread

I'm resuming this old post and attaching a screenshot, I thought it might attract more attention... this is an early screen, however later hell terrain spreads more and more into Jonas' lands but never into Capria's, though she is evil, has AV as state religion, and the counter rises well above 40.
About the OOC problem, it's still there. It seems connected with Acheron's fix in patch C. Picture of hell not spreading:

I also had a related problem- playing Svartalfar (in the Maxmod). Started evil with Leaves. Converted to Runes to change to neutral but I still could not build Druids.

I also had a related problem- playing Svartalfar (in the Maxmod). Started evil with Leaves. Converted to Runes to change to neutral but I still could not build Druids.

I tested both (heel spread and druids) and they work correctly. I suspect Capria had build the Altar of the Luonnotar (consecrated) before turning evil and thats why hell terrain won't spread into her lands. And I suspect you cant build a druid because you dont have a grove in your city (I started as sabathiel, converted to OO and then was able to build druids).

I tested both (heel spread and druids) and they work correctly. I suspect Capria had build the Altar of the Luonnotar (consecrated) before turning evil and thats why hell terrain won't spread into her lands. And I suspect you cant build a druid because you dont have a grove in your city (I started as sabathiel, converted to OO and then was able to build druids).

Then it's likely some issue with the mod- which is why I didn't post it here in the first place. I could build Yvain, but not normal druids in that city and I definitely had a grove.

Yvain only has a religion requirement, not alignment or building, if I recall.

- Niilo

aha, interesting ! I wasn't aware of the Altar thing, sorry.

Yvain only has a religion requirement, not alignment or building, if I recall.

- Niilo

Then he shouldn't have been available to me with Runes?

Must be an issue with the MaxMod or just my poor memory..

Well, I shouldn't try to go off memory - I'll check the wiki...

Yup, it says FoL religion requirement.

- Niilo

Then he shouldn't have been available to me with Runes?

Must be an issue with the MaxMod or just my poor memory..

maybe you were still FoL somehow? (like... loaded from an earlier game save). that would explain the situation; you'd be evil so no druids and FoL so you can build Yvain. yeah i know, it seems pretty obvious... but since you mentioned the poor memory thing :p

maybe you were still FoL somehow? (like... loaded from an earlier game save). that would explain the situation; you'd be evil so no druids and FoL so you can build Yvain. yeah i know, it seems pretty obvious... but since you mentioned the poor memory thing :p

Playing as the Calabim, founded Runes, I'm now neutral, have a Grove & no Druid.

Fader

Must be an issue with the MaxMod

Just to interject here for a second, and I don't mean to pick on you cvlowe, so don't take it personally, but how can people be posting about bugs when they are playing a modded version of the game? We aren't testing MaxMod here, we are testing FfH.

I bring this up because I saw someone in another thread talk about how so and so got so and so mana in their palace in so and so's mod, and how this effected balance. I am the only one who sees how ludicrous this is?

If you aren't playing "vanilla" FfH, don't post bugs and balance issues because they don't apply.

I agree that posting bugs from a mod doesn't help, but the ModMods help in testing theories and balance issues. If someone has tried something in a mod and it improved balance, then mentioning on a general FFH2 post makes sense.

I agree that posting bugs from a mod doesn't help, but the ModMods help in testing theories and balance issues. If someone has tried something in a mod and it improved balance, then mentioning on a general FFH2 post makes sense.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't mean it that way. I am talking about people posting about how the mod they are playing changed something from stock FfH and complaining about how the balance has been upset because of it, or how a proposed change would upset balance in that particular mod because of the changes it has made.

I tested with the worldbuilder to make sure.
Capria converted to AV and hell terrain spread correctly in her lands
Jonas converted to RoK and could build Liz. Druids (with Grove) and also the Altar. All working as intended. Now, we only need to wait 0.22... :D

Just to interject here for a second, and I don't mean to pick on you cvlowe, so don't take it personally, but how can people be posting about bugs when they are playing a modded version of the game? We aren't testing MaxMod here, we are testing FfH.

I bring this up because I saw someone in another thread talk about how so and so got so and so mana in their palace in so and so's mod, and how this effected balance. I am the only one who sees how ludicrous this is?

If you aren't playing "vanilla" FfH, don't post bugs and balance issues because they don't apply.

It seemed like it might be a more general problem at first and thats the only reason I mentioned it. And I did specify I was using a modmod. Wouldn't want to send anybody on a wild goose chase when I'm using a different version!

I razed an Infernal city that contained AV and RoK. Sphener sanctified the city ruins. The AC didn't go down. Could the fact that RoK was in the city account for this? Maybe AV found it's way into another city somewhere else? Bug?

Did you turn on the "avoid growth" button in the city screen? Next to the minimap, the bottom-right button.

I razed an Infernal city that contained AV and RoK. Sphener sanctified the city ruins. The AC didn't go down. Could the fact that RoK was in the city account for this? Maybe AV found it's way into another city somewhere else? Bug?
Depending on ... map size? game speed? ... one casting of Sanctify won't necessarily bring down the AC (remember, the AC is fractional in reality but displayed as a whole number).

- Niilo

Top Bottom