FfH2 0.30 Cosmetic Issues

In the Civilopedia, if a spell has a promotion effect, the page for that spell should link to the associated promotion effect.

Or even better: hide the spell promotion effects in the promotion index and just put all the info of the promo in the spell page.

I found This typo. It says, "Im sure it is what he would have wanted". Im should be I'm. Also, Who am I to question his wishes should have a question mark, not a comma. Man, I have bad grammar.:(

Apostrophes don't really work well when the game has to parse a string from the text found in the xml and read it in python; I believe that python would confuse the apostrophy with with and end of the string marker, so your "correction" would mean the entire text for choice 2 would read: "Give his money to the poor, I". (Does this mean that you, with horrible grammar, claim that you are poor so you should keep his fortune? :p) I also think that the remaining text could cause some problems elsewhere, perhaps showing up instead of choice 3 (not sure about that though)

If it were types directly in python, then it would cause a major python bug. It would assume that the whole file after the real end quotation mark is supposed to be one large, unclosed string. I doubt the game would even load this file sine the errors would be so big.

I thought that python (like MatLab and I believe Java) would read " as ' when within a string, however when I used it in a civilopedia entry I just got rectangular blocks. Does anyone know how to make the game use ' and " correctly?

I couldn't find this thread earlier, thanks for bumping it... :p

TXT_KEY_EVENT_STRANGE_ADVISOR_2 should have an apostrophe, s/b: She's lost her mind, assign a new agriculture advisor.
There's a lot of ’-type apostrophes in the French translations and one in TXT_KEY_EVENT_WITCH_2, which show up as boxes, make them '-type apostrophes

That's probably due to AutoCorrect in Word - it's a complete pain.

.30i Playing as the Hyborem, the long bow arrows appear as pink red circles when they travel against a flamming lands background.

.30i event with the temperamental daughter of the Lord of the 8th plane of Hell (or somesuch). Expected the succubus to come with the Enraged promotion but she didn't. I don't know, maybe it's a random chance that she'll go off, like most chicks from that plane.

Three little things:
1: The Fire Elemental and Tar Demon do not appear in their civilopedia entries, there's just blank space there
2: The Calabim Brujah does not share the same voice as his fellow vampires, preferring instead to talk as if he were one of the 'meat'...
3: Will someone please get Abashi and Eurabatres to Shut The Hell Up! Seriously, their constant, looped roaring every time they're on screen is doing my head in!

Edit: Also, as Calabim cannot train War Elephants, what is the point of them having Large Animal Stables? Just confuses the newbies :p

The graphics for ancient forests seems a bit off at times. mainly, when near shores, the trees extend over the shore line. and, if a mountain happens to have trees on it, when it converts to ancient forest, the ancient trees don't 'hug' the mountain. Rather, the trees just all sit on a flat plane on top of the mountain... a bit odd looking.

(searched and couldn't find a reference to this, but it seems pretty obvious)

Since I know the Team dislikes having an upgrade change your race I would like to point out Hellhounds.

It is the Infernal Replacement for the Hunter, and it makes NO sense.
  1. Can carry a Hawk -- Would be more likely to EAT a Hawk...
  2. Better Results from Tribal Villages -- Personally I tend NOT to share my technological Developments with Hellhounds, nor pack up my things and join them as a settler. If there was ever a time to react with Hosility... THIS IS IT!
  3. Can Build a Camp -- Not only do I wonder HOW they do it, but I wonder WHY they do it...
  4. Can upgrade to Ranger or Assassin -- This one would be the Team's Pet peeve, since the Infernal Assassins & Hunters are not puppies.

Maybe I got it wrong and they aren't actually dogs. But in that case the name might be better as "Hellhound Handler" or something akin to that. Otherwise... I understand that most of those abilities are to parallel the unit which it replaces, but it doesn't evne make sense for it to be the same SPEED as a Hunter. Hellhounds are known to be able to relentlessly pursue ANY target, and run them down. it ought to be a :move: 3 unit, and lose/replace some of those other abilities.

Hellhounds are demons like their upgrades, but they are rather feral, non-humanoid demons.

I agree that it does seem rather odd.

i was playing as capria and falamar said "i told the boys you would be a good man." i dont know if it is possible to change the diplo texts to suit gender but it is a little weird when they call her a dude.

Minor graphics issue, when the Elven Champion does his "put his weapon down for a second" animation his mace disappears for a few seconds.

Not a big deal, but I think that the Religions should be organized in the religion screen and appear in cities in the order most good -> most evil. (I made it Order, Empyrean, RoK, FoL, Esus, OO, AV.) When I changed the order they are defined in in the xml I found that it rearranged them correctly, but was using the wrong Icons for the religions next to the players score and in the cities (but correct on the religion screen and in diplomacy). Empyrean looked like Order, RoK like OO, etc. I'm guessing these graphics may be defined in the SDK or something. I would like the religions re-ordered in the .31 if it isn't too much trouble.

empyrean more good than RoK, but Esus less bad than OO? Besides that, it sounds like a good idea (will help new players understand the religious system just a little bit better

Hippus War Elephants'riders are on the side of the elephants head, not in the box/saddle thing

Top Bottom