Final Frontier Plus v1.9 - Beta!

So I have been modifying my version quite a bit, but ran into a roadblock when trying to implement my three new suggested buildings. I am unable to find where the game determines whether a building that increases the population limit should have the additional pop consume food or not. I compared every single line of the Habitation System entry with that of the Moonbase, and couldn't find an XML tag responsible for it. Just setting bMoon to 1 doesn't do anything in that regard, my extended Moonbase building still provides food yield. I also looked a bit through Python and the DLL, but haven't found anything relevant yet. A little help please?

Sounds like you're looking for the updatePlotYield function in FinalFrontierEvents.py. This isn't implemented via XML tags at all at the moment, but instead BUILDINGCLASS_LUNAR_BASE is hardcoded.

If you're adding another building with the mechanic, maybe adding a boolean XML tag for this effect would be good, but it still needs to be implemented in Python because that's where planet yields are.

EDIT: I've no idea what's up with that XML tag, but I would guess it's a BUG issue we inherited (or accidentally created at some point along the line). Which one is it specifically?

Sounds like you're looking for the updatePlotYield function in FinalFrontierEvents.py. This isn't implemented via XML tags at all at the moment, but instead BUILDINGCLASS_LUNAR_BASE is hardcoded.

If you're adding another building with the mechanic, maybe adding a boolean XML tag for this effect would be good, but it still needs to be implemented in Python because that's where planet yields are.

EDIT: I've no idea what's up with that XML tag, but I would guess it's a BUG issue we inherited (or accidentally created at some point along the line). Which one is it specifically?

Ah alright thank you.

iNonStateReligionHappiness is the tag I am talking about, and since it works fine in both unmodded BtS (for Free Religion) and other mods that include BUG (in DoC Theocracy gives unhappiness for every non state religion) I'm not sure if that's actually the issue. Then again maybe it's just an interface bug and the actual effect is still just as it should be? I haven't actually tested it ingame yet, just looked at the Civilopedia.

Edit: I have looked a bit at the code, and decided that I didn't want to mess with it after all. Also it doesn't really make sense for a space station to be big enough to hold as much population as half a planet anyway. I have however thought about another method of dealing with surplus food: Biofuel Factory, costs 80 Hammers and requires Streamlined Production and a Nutrition Facility on the planet, provides -10% Food but +10% Production and +10% Commerce.

Also adding corporations turns out to be harder than I thought. Not even talking about this mod, I made a new mod completely identical with BtS just to try out what I have to do exactly do add another corporation, and so far I couldn't make my corporation even show up in the Civilopedia.

Hey, you guys still working on this?

You know how BUG has these extra unit icons and stuff that show if a unit is sleeping or healing or sentry or skipping turn or whatever? In this beta they are only shown for units that are currently selected. I attached two screenshots to show what I mean.

FFP_proper.png

This is from the official version, 1.84 or whatever.

FFP_19Beta.png

This is from the1.9 Beta.

Of course, it could just be that I overlooked some BUG setting, but now I went out and did all the work of staging these screenshots so someone else might as well be inconvenienced by this. :lol:

That icon is called "Mission Tag" and it is probably in Plot List tab of BUG Mod Options.
I am well aware of that, and as you can see from my attached screenshot in my last post, the Mission tag is only ever visible for the currently selected unit, all other units in the stack are missing it. The option for activating and deactivating it is indeed in the Plot List tab of the BUG Mod Options, however all I can do here is make sure the mission tag isn't even shown for the one selected unit. I can see no way of showing the mission tag for all units on the same tile, as was the case in the previous version.

Hey, you guys still working on this?

You know how BUG has these extra unit icons and stuff that show if a unit is sleeping or healing or sentry or skipping turn or whatever? In this beta they are only shown for units that are currently selected. I attached two screenshots to show what I mean.

View attachment 465471

This is from the official version, 1.84 or whatever.

View attachment 465472

This is from the1.9 Beta.

I found the cause of this bug in Assets\Python\Screens\PLE.py. Between the official version and the beta this block has been added starting at line 1401:

Code:
        # This can crash, apparently, if the unit vanishes while making a starbase.
        try:
            if (pLoopUnit.IsSelected()):
                screen.setState(szString, True)
            else:
                raise RuntimeError
        except RuntimeError:
            bEnable = False

Removing these lines fixes the interface bug, however judging by the comment at the top the purpose of this code seems to be disabling potential crashes, so the question is, which is the lesser evil?

Suggestion: Replace Shapiro's leader music with Lukas von Reuter's, and change Lukas von Reuter's music to this one:

Top Bottom