Fixed borders?

gramcrkr103

Warlord
Did I miss something? cause the "Claim territory" button just isnt there anymore!

I am playing the 2.6beta10, and after searching through the beta thread and the bug thread and numerous searches, I haven't found anything to explain what happened.
Fixed borders was the feature first that attracted me to this awesome mod, and I will be pretty bummed if its gone.
I have a feeling that if it has been removed, there is some simple, easy way to turn it back on, but with no modding exp and coding knowledge, I will need a tip from someone.

And YES, I am running the right civics (state church). Ive played numerous games so far, with different era's and civics combos, and I just dont get it...

Thx in advance

Did you activate it at the beginning of the Custom Game ? In Beta10 it's Off by default.

Oh, at the time I thought "Fixed CULTURAL borders" was a different thing.
The game before I had selected it, but all the borders in that game seemed weird and broken, as if the culture produced by cities had no effect.
Is that just a by-product of "fixed borders"?

I think I remember that it was possible to claim territory on unoccupy territory, that way you could extend your border a lot and very fast in early game. but that look like it is gone.

Not gone. If you have a fixed border civic and move a unit on a tile you want to claim you can still do it. But if you leave the tile you lose the territory- so what you need for a lot of tiles are a lot of units. Makes more sense to leave units just one resource-tiles - or build a fort which is giving culture now.

Top Bottom