Flavor

Nunya

Warlord
I've been tweaking my game and I've ntoiced most things have a flavor assigned which presumably helps the AI make decisions. So far so good.

But when tweaking social policies I found that some of them have pretty low flavors (Order for example has 0 Expansion) and tend to be chosen a lot by the AI. On the other hand for leader flavors higher numbers seem to indicate a stronger preference.

Does anyone know anything more about how flavor works?

I think this is a great topic, and I would love to see it explained more fully.

This includes how flavor affects building choices, unit choices, etc... war/hostility, etc...
And I don't mean a one or two line response. I mean a paragraph or more response for either each flavor or each object type (building, unit, etc...)
I say this because as we create new objects, we need to understand flavor to have the objects be fully incorporated.

We need to understand it in order to allow the AI to use the stuff we add.

Okay, judging by the lack of replies I guess nobody here really knows how flavor works. Fine, then we can start by recording our experiences.

I tweaked the social policiy trees so that they're all available from the start (many policies have been rebalanced accordingly). I noticed that all the AI leaders always take Piety, Autocracy, or Order as their primary policy tree. All of these have the appropriate flavor set to 0.

Top Bottom