Frederick II of Prussia (3d-anim-era)

The files are:
FILE 01: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Prussia01.zip
FILE 02: http://www.civfanatics.net/downloads/civ3/civs/Prussia02.zip

Civilization: Prussia
Bonuses: Militaristic and Industrious
Title and leader: Kaiser Frederick II
Best/shunned government: Monarchy and Fascism (Despotism)
Aggression: 05 (too high)
Cultural group: European
Noun: Prussians
Adjective: Prussian
Colors: Black (Zulu) and Grey (Indians)
UU: Jäger
Civilopedia entry: RACE_PRUSSIA

Cities:
Berlin
Königsberg
Gumbinnen
Danzig
Stettin
Breslau
Magdeburg
Potsdam
Kiel
Hannover
Köln
Allenstein
Trakehenen
Tilsit
Pillau
Tharau
Deutsch- Eylau
Preußisch- Eylau
Insterburg
Rastenburg, Lötzen
Lyck
Ortelsburg
Osterode
Elbing
Angerburg
Suleyken
Schneidemühl
Gdingen
Thorn
Hela
Neufahrwasser
Dirschau
Konitz
Kulm
Marienburg
Marienwerder
Graudenz
Bromberg
Deutsch Krone
Stolp
Lauenburg in Hinterpommern
Kolberg
Köslin
Stolpmünde
Neustettin
Belgard
Arnswalde
Pyritz
Pölitz
Swinemünde
Eggesin
Ueckermünde
Anklam
Greifswald
Stralsund
Putbus
Bergen auf Rügen
Neubrandenburg
Pasewalk
Pyritz
Stargard
Glogau
Brieg
Oppeln
Gleiwtz
Neisse
Hindenburg
Beuthen
Ratibor
Strehlen
Liegnitz
Haynau
Bunzlau
Hirschberg
Waldenburg
Langenbielau
Frankenstein
Hirschberg
Sagan
Sprottau
Görlitz
Weißwasser
Niesky
Hoyerswerder
Halle
Halberstadt
Oschersleben
Staßfurt
Calbe
Dessau
Zerbst
Stendal
Tangermünde
Roßlau
Wittenberg
Torgau
Bitterfeld
Brandenburg
Cottbus
Fürstenwalde
Luckenwalde
Jüterbog
Nauen
Oranienburg
Rathenow
Henningsdorf
Strausberg
Küstrin
Frankfurt an der Oder
Wittenberge
Neuruppin
Zehdenick
Eberswalde
Angermünde
Landsberg
Neustrelitz
Lübeck
Bad Oldesloe
Flensburg
Rendsburg
Eckernförde
Husum
Büsum
Westerland
Ahrensburg
Altona
Itzehoe
Glückstadt
Rahlstedt
Bergedorf
Trittau
Geesthacht
Itzehoe
Brunsbüttel
Kappeln
Ratzeburg
Möln
Sonderburg
Appenrade
Tondern
Pinneberg
Celle
Hildesheim
Leer
Wilhelmshaven
Hameln
Bad Pyrmont
Meppen
Lingen
Delmenhorst
Emden
Aurich
Kleve
Düsseldorf
Münster
Dortmund
Gütersloh
Bocholt
Aachen
Recklinghausen
Mönchen- Gladbach
Krefeld
Duisburg
Aachen
Neuß
Remscheid
Gelsenkirchen
Essen
Solingen
Hagen
Lüdenscheid
Oberhausen
Rheydt
Bonn
Jülich
Gladbeck
Geldern
Geilenkirchen
Koblenz
Neuwied
Trier
Dillingen
Sulzbach
Saarbrücken
Saarlouis
Neunkirchen
Völklingen

Military leaders:
von Blucher
Gneisenau
von Scharnhorst
von Bülow
Kleist

Scientific ones:
Max Planck
Heinrich Hertz
Johannes Kepler
Hans Geiger
Fritz Haber

Civilopedia:
I found it in Firaxis Napoleon Europe scenario
^The rise of Prussia as a European power during the 18th century took many by surprise. Under the noble
statesmanship of the “Great Elector” Frederick William, and military headsman Frederick the Great, Prussia
expanded its holdings to include not only Berlin and a province east of Danzig, but Silesia which it wrested
from Austria; Pomerania from the Swedes; and a choice strip of land from the Poles that connected East Prussia
to Brandenburg. They also acquired Cleves-Geldres of the lower Rhine, Emden, Mark, and two duchies in southern
Germany. Yet, despite these territorial gains, Prussia remained a relatively poor nation, whose resources were primarily dedicated to the betterment of its army.
^
^ During the French Revolution, Prussia tried to remain noncommittal. But by 1806, having lost much of its
territories to a relentless Napoleon and his unwavering Imperial Guard, Prussia entered the Fourth Coalition
and never looked back. Some badly needed military reforms helped bolster its power, and in 1815, the new
Prussian army (under the enigmatic leadership of Gebhard von Blucher) helped the British bring a final
end to Napoleon’s reign.

Jäger, the UU:
Thank u very much to Aluminium for have added the smoke in the attacking animation
Replaces Rifleman and has one extra defensive point.

Icon

Death

Victory

Attack

Fortify

Run

Very good loking Leaderhead, I like it very much (exept the last age). :goodjob:

But I'm afraid there are some(?) mistakes in the lists. Thre are some cities in the list, wich I never would call "prussian". For example counting Lübeck as prussian city is wrong, I think. Lübeck was a "Freie Reichsstadt" up to 1937. So Lübeck was nearly same timeframe owned by France (1806-13) than it was "integrated" into a so called prussian province (1937-45), but noone will count Lübeck as french city, wont you? ;) Also Neubrandenburg never was prussian. Well, it was founded 1248 by order of Johann I. of Brandenburg, but Brandenburg in that time wasn't prussian. Neubrandenburg is counted to Mecklenburg since 1290 (or officially since 1317) until today. Same with Stargard, it is counted to Mecklenburg even if founded by brandenburgain (not prussian!) order. I think, there are many other things like that, but its finaly up to you to take your choice.

Btw, "von Blucher" is spelled "von Blücher". Siedenote: He was Mecklenburgian but in prussian employment.

Kleist = military leader? :eek: He was lieutenant, as far I know. Do you really think, that is enough for calling him a military leader? ;)

There were more than one Kleist. Indeed Ewald von Kleist, the poet, was only a Major, but Henning Alexander von Kleist was a Generalfeldmarschall. Additions can be on that list: Lord Marishall George Keith, Jacob Keith, Georg von Derfflinger, Leopold von Anhalt- Dessau, Curt von Schwerin, Helmuth von Moltke. All were Marshalls. The first two are original Scots but had to flee because they did support the Scottish king and not the English. They came to Prussia and the first especially became a very close friend to Frederic the Great.
Concerning the list of cities:
1. Lübeck was a free city since 1937 indeed when it was introduced into the Prussian province of Schlewig- Holstein. If you think that is too late to become a Prussian city delete it.
2. There are more than oone Stargard. One is indeed in Mecklenburg, but there is another south east of Stettin in Eastern Pommerania (Hinterpommern).
3. Concerning Neubrandenburg I am now not sure if it was Prussian or Mecklenburgian. So delete it. For that you can add Frankfurt am Main and Marburg.

Adler

Civarmy, I took the liberty to make pcx's for the medieval version of this head. :)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/FrederickMedievalpcxs.zip

BTW, you have some transparency issues with the _all and _CULTI pics. ;)

Thanks for the LH, your new heads look much better than your old ones, it's good that you improve. :goodjob:

mrtn said:
Civarmy, I took the liberty to make pcx's for the medieval version of this head. :)
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/FrederickMedievalpcxs.zip

BTW, you have some transparency issues with the _all and _CULTI pics. ;)

Thanks for the LH, your new heads look much better than your old ones, it's good that you improve. :goodjob:

thanks for have enjoyed, for the new *.pcx just using the Medieval Age and for advise me about the tranparency issue :goodjob:

Woah..! How big should the map be... for ALL those cities?!?!?

Loks great Civ!! Can i ask you if you want.. could you make a mod that has Austria and Prussia together? They could replace the Mayans(sp) and the Koreans.

bloodofages said:
Loks great Civ!! Can i ask you if you want.. could you make a mod that has Austria and Prussia together? They could replace the Mayans(sp) and the Koreans.

Thanks for have enjoyed friend! :)
It is easy u replace a civ present in C3C for a new one that u found in CFC, I think in the "tutorial forums" u found the necessary steps, then, u could join Austrians and Prussians in a single civ and replace Mayans or Koreans with this new civ ;)

I just started a new game. I made Bonn my capitlain instead of Berlin. Iwill read the "tutorial fourms" so ican learn to how to make Austria and Prussia into the game. Then i can take over Austria, Germany, as the Prussians and make a hugh German Empire!! Thanks again.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Btw. (and since noone else has noticed this far) Frederik II was not "Kaiser" (actualy there has never been a Prussian Emperor. Frederik II was the "King" of Prussia.

Ahh... "Kleinigkeiten!" :lol:

Kidding... but you're right. Well, only half right: He was not King OF Prussia, he was King IN Prussia, for he didn't dare to challenge his electorate colleagues and the emperor. In the Holy Roman Empire, as hollow a shell as it may have been in the 18th century, there wasn't supposed to be a "King OF", since the Holy Roman Emperor was considered to be the elected "Rex" of German Lands.

Prussia was not within the borders of the HRE! Also Frederick was King of Prussia, but first after he could get Western Prussia back. So he was the first king of Prussia and the 3rd and last king in Prussia!
Although in this time German princes were kings of nations outside the HRE, Britain, Poland and Prussia, there was another king in the HRE, the king of Bohemia. But since the Habsburger were for a long time both king of Bohemia and elected emperors of Germany that was not a big problem, however this was not a must.

Adler

@TopGun69: 'In'...'Of'... whooot? 'Course Freddy II was King "of" Prussia. The Holy Roman Emperor was at the same time King "of" Austria. You mean King Frederik I (who before crowning himself king would be Kurfürst Frederik III).

@Adler17: Prussia was part of the HRE, yet not fully: Its regions populated by non-Germans were considerate as not being part of the HRM (i.e. Polish lands)

@The Devil lays within the detail ;) you both got it pointing into the right direction tho.

At first, Kaiser is in English emperor. König means king.
@ Winter: Austria was not a kingdom in that times but an arch duchy. The Habsburger were Emperor of Germany, Arch dukes of Austria and Kings of Bohemia (among other titles like King of Jerusalem)
Prussia (East and West Prussia) was part of the HRE in the times of emperor Frederic II. of Hohenstaufen (NOT Frederic the Great of Prussia!!!). Times changed and it was not longer part of the Reich. This lasted until the times of the German Federation, where it was part of from about 1848 to 1850 and then from 1867 in the North German federation. BTW Prussia, East and West, was in that times mostly inhabited by Germans (East more than West).

Adler

Top Bottom