Frequently Asked Questions

In 0.22 is there any benefit to capturing Elephants? I have captured a couple but discovered they won't attack anything. And as far as I know there is no Pen for them. Is there any reason I should keep them around (besides early defense)?

Can I create my own Lion Dens from captured Lions?

Does this apply to the Grand Menagerie as well? Some animals seem very very rare at times. In my first .22 game I finally caught a Gorilla (first ever!) but a Wolve Pack ate him before I could protect him with my Hunter. (perhaps barb animals shouldnt attack animals that still have the hidden nationality promotion?)

I don't know about elephants and protecting rare captures,

but to maximize animal capture (before and after nature's revolt..) play a custom map, huge, quick mode, few players, and cold climate...
edit:... also play on low sea level, inland lakes or oasis

that should give you an edge in terms of capturing more animals, as there should be quite a few more 'unseen' land plots throughout the duration of the game...

As a general rule, tigers, panthers, and gorillas are rare acquisitions... they don't have nearly as much land to spawn on. Learn the prerequisite techs early if you want them bad enough...

Also, animals automatically disappear after the first 100 turns. Then you have to build nature's revolt to get them back.

Methods of capture that rely on combat don't work if the capturing unit has hidden nationality--build your weres and inquisitors elsewhere.
Domination I guess still works since it bypasses normal combat. Feature or oversight, I'm not sure, but I think it balances out with domination's downside.

edit: The wiki is good with the mechanics of capture, btw.

It's a little vague, really. Yes, I checked :p

Also, I can still build capturers w/ Council of Esus, just need to declare nationality. ;)

Is it possible to capture armageddon units, civ- and religion-specific world units?
(without loyalty)

JIC...

Is it possible to capture armageddon units, civ- and religion-specific world units?
(without loyalty)
I'm not sure about the first, though I don't see why not.
You can convert enemy civ-heroes and use them.
You can convert enemy religion heroes, but if you are of a different relgion they will abandon you.

Even if it were implemented, I'd still like to have the AC around to punch holes in the floor (maybe even take a whole AV civilization down to hell).

but to maximize animal capture (before and after nature's revolt..) play a...
Spoiler :
custom map, huge, quick mode, few players, and cold climate...

that should give you an edge in terms of capturing more animals, as there should be quite a few more 'unseen' land plots throughout the duration of the game...

As a general rule, tigers, panthers, and gorillas are rare acquisitions... they don't have nearly as much land to spawn on. Learn the prerequisite techs early if you want them bad enough...

Also, animals automatically disappear after the first 100 turns. Then you have to build nature's revolt to get them back.
Thanks for the advice. Prior to the latest version I haven't set out specifically to capture animals, though there were times where I went hunting for the happy benefit or to increase culture. Then when patch 22 came out and I read about how intense the barb animals were... I beelined my first game to get Hunting and Animal Husbandry. Then I hunted around for the pre-req animals so I could build the Grand Menagerie. But so far it seems to me that it will be very very rare to build the GM. I have built Natures Revolt a few times, but I have yet to see any Gorillas result from it. I dont think I saw any Wolves either. Lots of Panthers and Tigers, and a few Bears. But I have only done this a few times. And usually I play the Balanced Map (all the terrain types are present).

Are Gorillas created by any non-animal Barb unit?

Has anyone ever captured all of the animals?

but to maximize animal capture (before and after nature's revolt..) play a custom map, huge, quick mode, few players, and cold climate...

Animals dont ever automatically disappear. In vanilla civ4 all animals are deleted when there are more cities than 1.5 * # of civs. But thats disabled in FfH so animals will last forever if no one kills them.

I know this isn't exactly FfH specific, but can someone please explain to me how I can continue downloading patches? I used to use this Winrar or Winzip program that extracted it to a folder or something but that expired. Right now I was trying to save the patch to the FfH .22 folder, but that doesn't work. (I'm not very tech-familiar, sorry). Thank you.

The program should still work after you click OK on the "nag" screen. If you would prefer, there is a free version you can download, it's what I use:

http://www.7-zip.org/

I know this isn't exactly FfH specific, but can someone please explain to me how I can continue downloading patches? I used to use this Winrar or Winzip program that extracted it to a folder or something but that expired. Right now I was trying to save the patch to the FfH .22 folder, but that doesn't work. (I'm not very tech-familiar, sorry). Thank you.

All patches we distribute are self executing exe files. You shouldn't need any decompression utilities.

Can those installers stop installing the patches into a new folder and install over where the FFH mod is placed? I have to end up copy pasting the contents of the new folder into the main one >>

It only happened on the last two patches (022)

Can those installers stop installing the patches into a new folder and install over where the FFH mod is placed? I have to end up copy pasting the contents of the new folder into the main one >>

It only happened on the last two patches (022)

When you run the installer it should list the location (just like when you install the main mod). If you changed the location from the default, then just do the same when you install the patches.

Fall From Heaven

A popular fantasy mod for Civilization IV, it has been improved for the expansion. Performer and studio vocalist Jillian Goldin will be singing a solo for the soundtrack.

<Back to Top>

did you have anything to do with ffh1 getting put into Bts, kael?

Thanks for the congratulations. I wish I could share more information but all I can say is that the team and I have been working on a scenario for BtS for almost a year and we are very excited about it.

I know you guys have questions but we are going to have to ignore them for now. Stay tuned for more announcements from Firaxis, there is more good news to come.
This is all Kael has said so far.

and if people would read Kaels statement carefully, they could get a new direction of thoughts.
I miss all those wild and creative speculations.

and if people would read Kaels statement carefully, they could get a new direction of thoughts.
I miss all those wild and creative speculations.

Seeking ideas from which to theive? :p
-Qes

Top Bottom