Frequently Asked Questions

When you run the installer it should list the location (just like when you install the main mod). If you changed the location from the default, then just do the same when you install the patches.

I was thinking that but when I get the location bit, it only goes up to the \mods folder bit, if I choose the FFH folder I have, it installs from that to a new FFH folder!

Animals dont ever automatically disappear. In vanilla civ4 all animals are deleted when there are more cities than 1.5 * # of civs. But thats disabled in FfH so animals will last forever if no one kills them.

For clarity, I meant they stop spawning after so many turns (right around the timeframe orthus steps up to the plate.)

I've never seen one after year 150, except for the occasional spider that manages to 'lay low' in the forests for that long.

:confused:

I should also point that I'm still hacking and slashing on .21f, not .22. Got a nifty game going atm.

Thanks for the advice.

YW.

Gorillas and other jungle animals will be rare as long as so many civs build cities and extend their cultural borders (and thus their sight range) into the few remaining jungle tiles.

nature's revolt will give you a few rare catches if you have some barbarian axemen, spearman, or lizardman on the map. But no gorillas. (in .21 at least)

Delete please.

Great mod as always, but I have got a problem: The patches don't work. Downloaded patch g, installed but the changes from patch a to g don't appear in the game. For example: Wolves still on every tile, wolfpacks can't be caged and wolvecages still give plus 1 happy plus 3 culture. Other changes i experimented in the worldbuilder and they don't work either.
But the strange thing is: the readme-txt file shows "Version 0.22g"!? So what can be the solution? Is it a problem with the german version or is there a special subfolder, where the patch has to be installed? Thank you!

Great mod as always, but I have got a problem: The patches don't work. Downloaded patch g, installed but the changes from patch a to g don't appear in the game. For example: Wolves still on every tile, wolfpacks can't be caged and wolvecages still give plus 1 happy plus 3 culture. Other changes i experimented in the worldbuilder and they don't work either.
But the strange thing is: the readme-txt file shows "Version 0.22g"!? So what can be the solution? Is it a problem with the german version or is there a special subfolder, where the patch has to be installed? Thank you!

The patch won't delete wolves that already existed. So if you started the game with an earlier version, played until lots of wovles spawned and then upgraded you would still have plenty of wolves.

But that doesn't explain why you don't see the reduction from 3 to 2 culture on the wolf den. Maybe cache hasn't cleared?

Does your mod have greater minimum requirements or something? I heard something of a intro movie? because I think I can't watch it, I have a weak graphic card (NVidea GForce 3)...

The patch won't delete wolves that already existed. So if you started the game with an earlier version, played until lots of wovles spawned and then upgraded you would still have plenty of wolves.

But that doesn't explain why you don't see the reduction from 3 to 2 culture on the wolf den. Maybe cache hasn't cleared?

:confused: More a technical question: How can i clear the program cache for Civ? That could be the reason. But i don't find any options to get rid of the game-cache. But thank you very much for your direct help. Maybe this is mor a topic for the bug thread?
Until now it seems i am playing a totally unpatched version of 0.22: Examples that i tried in the worldbuilder: Loki gets killed, Warmachine doesn't destroy jungles or Grigori start with life-mana.

I keep hearing about the different stages of this mod, shadow, ice, light, fire (I think those are it)
I recall seeing the list a long time ago (back when I was briefly playing FFH I), but I can't seem to find it anywhere now

can someone tell me which one we are playing now (I think it's fire right?)
which one is next? is there a timeline on when we can see the next version?

also, what does the "banish" spell do? does it temporarily remove the unit into mid-air or "hell", wherever that is, or does it remove it from play forever?

can someone tell me which one we are playing now (I think it's fire right?)
which one is next? is there a timeline on when we can see the next version?
Think of seasons in a year.
Light was first, like spring. containing the magic system and most civilizations.
Fire is now, think of summer. Increasing conflict, adding an apocalyptic end-game.
Shadow will start in 2-3 months, the autumn of development, focusing on quests, relics, hidden stuff.
Ice/Winter will put on finishing touches like the Illians and add scenarios. No ETA on this, but it is being outlined.

Are y'all planning to make hell equivalents of most or all vanilla FFH resources (except mana)?

Shadow also focuses on Svartalfar and Sidar

Obviously, since they both have the hidden trait. I'm guessing that's when 'hidden' will be fully implemented, along with shadow mana.

Speaking of the hidden trait... I am playing my first Malakim game and was surprised that the Lightbringer can't see hidden Spiders. Since iinvisibility doesn't work in Malakim lands, it would make sense to me that the Lightbringer (but not its upgrades) could see invisible units outside of their borders.

Does hyborem have to come into the game for Hell terrain to start appearing and then spreading? I ask this because in a game i am currently playing it is the year 400 and the AC is at 71 and there is not a single hex of hell terrain in the game. Normal speed, The ashen veil was discovered by the tree hugging calabim in the year 240 and they never converted and nobody else ever converted to the veil either(i am seeing this problem a lot in recent games), obviously this means the infernal pact was never researched to bring hyborem into the game, but has this stopped the flow of hell terrain also? I have seen blight, the 4 horseman and those hell nodules that spawn sect of flies(under barbarian control) come into the world, but never any hell terrain.

Does hyborem have to come into the game for Hell terrain to start appearing and then spreading? I ask this because in a game i am currently playing it is the year 400 and the AC is at 71 and there is not a single hex of hell terrain in the game. Normal speed, The ashen veil was discovered by the tree hugging calabim in the year 240 and they never converted and nobody else ever converted to the veil either(i am seeing this problem a lot in recent games), obviously this means the infernal pact was never researched to bring hyborem into the game, but has this stopped the flow of hell terrain also? I have seen blight, the 4 horseman and those hell nodules that spawn sect of flies(under barbarian control) come into the world, but never any hell terrain.

Yes. The Armageddon Counter effects the spread of Hell Terrain. But it takes the Infernal civilization to initiate.

Doesn't one of the horsemen also bring forth hell terrain? My first Fire game didn't have Hyborem (didn't even have Ashen Veil), yet hell terrain kept appearing where one of the horsemen was running around.

Doesn't one of the horsemen also bring forth hell terrain? My first Fire game didn't have Hyborem (didn't even have Ashen Veil), yet hell terrain kept appearing where one of the horsemen was running around.

Yersenia is supposed to create hell terrain, did not happen in the game I was last playing.

Yes. The Armageddon Counter effects the spread of Hell Terrain. But it takes the Infernal civilization to initiate.

Good to know, but, I have not seen a game I was playing since .021 where Hyborem has come into the land unless myself or another human player brings him into the world. The computer will research the ashen veil religion but does not ever convert to it, probably because another religion is in too many of their present cities.

Can it be possible by editor or by patch that Infernal Pact can be researched without having Ashen Veil as your state religion?

Also, can it be possible to have a pop up showing just where Hyborem is going to be placed before you are given the choice of switching to him or not?

P.S. sorry if this belonged in a different thread

In 0.22 Hyborem and Basium both spawn without player actions, although from the player side, by the time I research either, it's not worth the effort, as there isn't much room for them to expand, and generally they get "cultured" out of the game almost immediately.

Top Bottom