Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I moved up to the northeast where my conquerings were headed (although yes the city was also originally a bureau monster, I think I was running Nat'lism here for other reasons). I had taken Paris and Orleans back in the immortal/sword/cat days, but Louis capped to Justinian after Justinian took Lyons. In the screen capture, I was soon to be working over Justinian (who foolishly kept his main stack where I could hit it on the same turn as the DoW) all while taking Louis' cities he had founded on that smallish continent up to the north. Brennus was next. They all capped pretty quickly once I started running around with cav/rifle/cannon stacks, IIRC.

There were three or four large, advanced barb cities on that continent up north. I was XP farming them, kidnapping workers and pillaging tiles for some upgrade cash when the Rambo barb showed up :p

(A quickie to steer the thread in the right direction)

How exactly does this happen? Is this a typo and it should say "has procreated" instead of "has been born" there?

How exactly does this happen? Is this a typo and it should say "has procreated" instead of "has been born" there?

That's hilarious, especially given that you beat me to posting that EXACT SAME THING from my last game by about 1.5 hours).

Spoiler :

This scout was not in a forest, mountain, or across a river.

Spoiler :

No I did not shoot for that consistency; it happened completely by chance.

Also these two aren't from Civ, but certainly related:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I don't get it.

On the subject of Wesley being a 12 year old genius, I am not so sure that is the case. I seem to recall a really young girl on the show asking for help or somesuch with her calculus homework. She couldn't have been over 8 years old IIRC. If that was indeed the norm, then it would stand to follow that Wesley would be fairly bright also, and every other person in their society I suppose.

Deleted by poster

Oh no. Everyone on the show is overly bright. What I was complaining about was that TV shows, in general, seem to rely on the tired old plot device of having the little brainy kid solve all of the show's problems that adults can't solve. It's a gimmick, and it becomes annoying after a while. Just like ST:TNG's constant employment of the "Inverse Tachyon Generator". Everything can be fixed with inverse tachyons. :rolleyes:

Now, back on topic before CivIVMonger gets upset... :lol:

Or, in the case of my personal favorite, Dr Who (John Pertwee, the Third Doctor, in particular, thank you very much), "reverse the polarity of the neutronic flow", or some such nonsense involving a Sonic Screwdriver and a sudden burst of insight.

That barb uprising random event that usually requires a game restart if it happens very early on can produce amusing results if it happens in a future start under "Next war" mod... :lol:

Barb uprising.JPG

I cracked up when I saw this next one - that guy's probably been there since about 3000BC, with his teeth chattering the whole time...

Frustrated warrior.JPG

One of the most uneven battles I've ever seen, and I swear that HE initiated it - not me! But then Monty always was insane...

Suicide.JPG

Maybe Athens' defenders should get ten first strikes for invisibility, or the invaders should suffer -50% on attacks because they're shaking with fear? After all, it's not often a city is defended by ghosts....

Ghost city.JPG

This one not so funny, but this bowl of spaghetti was worth showing someone! :D

World war.JPG

This one's not really funny either except if you think I was trying to get a fast conquest then this is a funny way to do it, but I enjoyed it. I've never got a conquest quite like this before...

Conquest.JPG

Maybe Athens' defenders should get ten first strikes for invisibility, or the invaders should suffer -50% on attacks because they're shaking with fear? After all, it's not often a city is defended by ghosts....

It actually has something like 0.00000001 HP, and is just rounding to 0 HP.

This one's not really funny either except if you think I was trying to get a fast conquest then this is a funny way to do it, but I enjoyed it. I've never got a conquest quite like this before...

Do you mean the weird order of conquest?

Oh no. Everyone on the show is overly bright. What I was complaining about was that TV shows, in general, seem to rely on the tired old plot device of having the little brainy kid solve all of the show's problems that adults can't solve. It's a gimmick, and it becomes annoying after a while. Just like ST:TNG's constant employment of the "Inverse Tachyon Generator". Everything can be fixed with inverse tachyons. :rolleyes:

It has another manifestation in the form of "Cute kid syndrome". The show has "jumped the shark", and the producers are desperate to keep ratings, so they add a cute kid in the hope that the audience will stay. It usually works, with some TV viewers being the simpletons that they are. Although some of us more discerning types would like to use that cute kid for target practice. :mischief:

Now, back on topic before CivIVMonger gets upset... :lol:

I'm not mad at all I just find it amusing how a forum dedicated to a strategy game turns into talk of a 12 year old genius and TV show plots within a few posts. (Well it's not like this thread ever had any topical structure to start with :mischief: ). What you read in my text seems like anger, but in reality, it's amusement. It also brings to mind that this doesn't happen very often in any other thread on the non OT forum. Might have to do with, the umm... "Creative audience" that usually post here... :rolleyes: Not telling anyone what to do just sharing my honest opinion...

Deleted by poster

@C4M

Sweetie, you need to learn to tell the difference between a tickle in the ribs and a poke in the eye. :)

I was funnin' ya. Tweaking your nose. Tickling your feet. It's all in fun Darlin'. ;)
O NO! More off topic. Will it ever stop?

Ok, here's a screen shot.
"Hmmn, wonder where we should settle? And what should we build first? Yes, of course a boat! But what kind of boat?" (work boat or galleon)

Spoiler :
Advanced Start, Custom Continents. This isn't that unique - custom continents sticks you on an island off your continent too often.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0050.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 686
"Hmmn, wonder where we should settle? And what should we build first? Yes, of course a boat! But what kind of boat?" (work boat or galleon)

Well obviously you should build a Trireme to protect all that yummy seafood or a Caravel to explore that wonderful looking continent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom