GAM-1 Med/Lar Mon/Emp Pangaea Cultural Victory

I kind of had to use the Scientist in Thebes because the city would have rioted if I didn't. I guess I could have whiped a temple or settler as an alternative. I guess I'm not that willing to go to the whip. Even with the one citizen set to as a Scientist, the city is still adding 2 food a turn.

I kind of had to use the Scientist in Thebes because the city would have rioted if I didn't. I guess I could have whiped a temple or settler as an alternative. I guess I'm not that willing to go to the whip. Even with the one citizen set to as a Scientist, the city is still adding 2 food a turn.
please, USE the LUX SLIDER
every tile worked gives us more power.

i almost NEVER poprush.
especially this early. we need our pop up and producing, not being unhappy.
again, use the lux slider.

i am about to play.
will take a looksee and comment after that.

my view on 100K...

temples-
double culture after 1000 years. get on up asap.
ToA (Temple Of Artemis), gives us a FREE temple in EVERY city on the continent. it will expire, but till then we get loads of temples = culture.

we will need EVERY minor culture building out there, and a few of the bigger ones, but that is for the MAs.

WONDERS - we only need ToA (and can do without).
Pyramids would always look nice, but as this is pangea, id rather capture it.

We could build ToA and not let it expire, thus not research uni's. ToA temples do not double culture though. Probably better not to build temples to early anyway, we need to expand and will probably need to do that by force as well. So settlers workers and military at first, then swich to culture.

I don't know what I was thinking not using the Lux slider. I think my brain may have been a little fried from the end of the Large Emporer game I'm playing right now.

Instead of using the shields on ToA, perhaps we should try for the GL as it gives 6 culture a turn, or maybe the SoZ for the military units.

0- change the beaker, set for a settler.
1- Meet Hittites. They have BW and ALPHA. We have MAS and CB.
Give MAS get ALPHA + 10g.
head for writing,
Worker Mine BG.
2- nada. Warriors go south and east.
3- Nada
4- Spot DYES in the jungles of the south west.
5- Settler built. Warrior next. Settler will head down river for the wheat. Could not fix settler on growth, lost quite a few sci turns.
6- Start chopping wood for a quick temple. regain lost pop and sci.
7- Warrior > temple. Spot borders (English?)
8- Build WHEATUS > warrior.
9- Chop ends. Start road. Warrior continues NORTH. (we now have 3 way exploration) I was wrong. It wasn’t the English but the Ottomans. They have BW and WC, while we can offer Alpha and POTTS.
Since there is a Hittite scout heading that way, I give ALPHA for BW, WC and 10g.

hitties have it all, so I was just in time.
10- Nada
11- to even up the turn count. Southern warrior spots Hittite lands.
13- Misclicked on the extra turn…. Temple in > archer. End turn, fix sci sliders.

pics are following this

close up look of the land, not too promising either way.

wide angle view for bearings

Attachments

• GAM_01 2510 BC.SAV
    58 KB · Views: 65
Hey,

Poped a settler.

nerovats all yours

I'm ending with this. The Turn is not over. It needs finished by the next person. Builds are subject to change before end of turn.

IBT Wheatus warrior > warrior.

Turn 1) Wheatus warrior > warrior.
Wheatus warrior goes north
North goes east
S.E.Warrior goes south
S.W.warrior goes east
IBT Nada

Turn 2) Road to Wheatus complete. Worker to road wheat.
Wheatus warrior goes north
S.E.Warrior goes south
North goes east
S.W.warrior goes east
IBT Nada

Turn 3) Thebes archer > archer
Wheatus warrior goes north.
North goes east spots GH
S.E.Warrior goes south spots GH. Hittie Scout will get first.
S.W.warrior goes east to coast of a bay?

IBT Hittie scout pops huts. Outcome unknow except no Barbs.

Turn 4) Worker starts road at Wheatus.
Wheatus warrior goes north spots GH.
North warrior goes east pops GH for 3 Barbs.
S.E.Warrior goes south
S.W.warrior goes east

IBT Nada

Turn 5 2310BC) Wheatus warrior goes north pops GH for settler.
S.E.Warrior goes west.
S.W.warrior goes east
North warrior needs moved
Thebes archer in one
Wheatus warrior in one. Can be changed before end of turn.

Blaze Injun

View attachment 144438

Excellent work guys!!! Popping a Settler is a huge boon for Cleo.

Blaze, do you want someone to finish your turn? I'm sort of confused by your post.

IMHO-I don't think we should settle along the coast as this is a pangaea. I don't know how much we'll need the ships. I'd rather we settle either:

A-Towards the Ottomans and try to wall them off
B-Near the furs, we could use the Lux

Hey,

Yes nerovats can settle the town, battle the barbs with the North warrior, change builds if needed then press end turn. Then take his 10 turns.

5 turns is fine for this round for me. Have family from Texas in for a wedding.

I have left Thebes grow as requested. I also like the positon of the settler were he is. I also agree with a city toward the ottos. Between the gold and wheat.

Blaze Injun

I took a look at the save. I'm fine with the Settler building a town where he is. That should get the wheat and a couple BGs in its range. I think we should change Thebes from Archer to Settler to go out and settle to the East.

We need more workers.

Just my 2 cents.

IMHO-I don't think we should settle along the coast as this is a pangaea. I don't know how much we'll need the ships.
lurker's comment: Even so, curraghs can help with exploration, as warriors can explore inland as they explore the coastline, doubling the rate of exploration. Plus, Curragh's are faster than warriors, and sometimes, there will be civs on islands and other (usually Seafaring) civs with exploring curraghs that you can meet faster with them, but it's nerovats choice. Lurker out.

lurker's comment: Even so, curraghs can help with exploration, as warriors can explore inland as they explore the coastline, doubling the rate of exploration. Plus, Curragh's are faster than warriors, and sometimes, there will be civs on islands and other (usually Seafaring) civs with exploring curraghs that you can meet faster with them, but it's nerovats choice. Lurker out.
like i said.
i only want 2-3 boats out (1 in each direction, another one as spare)
that is a nice site (river, coast, etc)

this is a trading game.
we need to meet them all ASAP.
hence the need for boats.

havent looked at the save, but if we have 2 votes, plop it!

i would let thebes grow to size 6, pooping a settler when it reaches 7 (we lose the granary bonous when we are size 7)till then maybe make a RAX? VWarriors could become VSwords....

lurker's comment: Are you going to use feud as a govt. for the pop rushing? If so, I'd strongly recommend capturing the pyramids. Very powerful combo. Feud is pretty rough on warmongering though. The WW kicks in pretty hard when you're pop rushing so luxs are pretty important.

pre-turn
lower lux, change builds to settler and worker
move settler to coast
give pottery to Ottomans for myst.
move settler to coast
kill 1 barb it promotes
MM Thebes
IBT
barb attacks and loses
2270BC
Wheatus worker->warrior
Settle Heliopolis->curagh
let warrior heal
2230BC
Thebes settler->settler
2190BC
moving
2150BC
there are gems in far SE
2110BC
settle Elephantine->worker
IBT
Hittities bot us, barb suicides against our warrior
2070BC
Thebes settler-archer
Wheatus warrior->settler
let warrior heal
drop science
2030BC
spot blue and green borders
1990BC
Settle Alexandria->worker
contact Sumeria they don't know alpha yet
drop science
1950BC
learn writing->CoL
get IW +10 gold from greece for myst and pottery
Hittities have the wheel but won't give up writing to get slingshot.
We got iron
1910BC
Thebes archer->settler

Sumeria has 39 gold we could sell alpha for that to keep science at 100%.
Suggest to build pyramids in Thebes, let Alexandria be SF for now.
maybe 1 more settler out of Thebes, that should go on coast 1S of worker, get another curagh.
The cow should be worked 2 turns by Thebes then 1 turn by Alexandria.
Irrigate the all wheats.
We already are the largest civ, so slingshot won't be a problem but don't trade writing to make sure.

1910bc.JPG

View attachment GAM_01 1910 BC.SAV

looking good.

agree, lets keep writing our monopoly for as long as possible.
building the Pyramids.... interesting. and we can always fall back to ToA.
i would really like to find a suitable city though.
id hate wasting those great food tiles of thebes on a wonder instead of a settler pump.

suggested dotmap
numbered the sites according to importance.

edit - also lets try to get workers and settler ON GROWTH.
if we dont we lose twice...

Lurkers comment

Priorities for a 100k game should be
Expansion through (at least 1) settler factory
Pyramids (build or take it)
ToA - (if you don't get it you can at least build Uni's)

From the screenshots you look a little light on workers, (get those grains Irrigated!)

Alexandria is probably your wonder city if you want one (irrigate the wheat, mine the BG, and the iron and work wheat BG, Iron and then forrests and you should have 12 shields less corruption if I can count correctly) - if you don't it will run a 6 turn settler factory.

Top Bottom