General questions

masaykh

Prince
In civ4 some mods have good function - recreate map without exiting to mainmenu and creating new game - can this be done?

Where starting resource bonuses controlled, i mean their diversity and quantity ?
what difference between sparse \ standart and abundant modes? i dont see it.

Use "Restart Game" in the menu. It works fine but it's only available on turn 0. (Would folks like me to make that up to turn 3? 5? 10? unlimited? I haven't looked at code but it may be possible.)

All resources are added in AssignStartingPlots.lua. And if you look around in the Creation & Customization forum, you'll find out that it is a deeply hated Lua file. I actually think the results are quite good and much more interesting than Civ4, but it's extremely difficult to mod. Balancing starting resources is needed, I know, but it's not a task I look forward to.

"between sparse \ standart and abundant modes" -- I'm not sure what these are. Are they options?

"between sparse \ standart and abundant modes" -- I'm not sure what these are. Are they options?

In Civ 4 there were options to control how many resources spawned on the map. Civ 4 worked on a tiles per resource system which (this is oversimplified) said that it would place 1 resource for every x tiles which aren't ocean (and then went and made sure that there were enough strategic resources that were placed). That option doesn't exist in civ 5, and making it would be a pain, you would have to change every mapscript.

If i understand right - it is option that controlling quantity of resources ?

Oh, that's where it is. I haven't modded that at all, so it should work fine.

Some other options may or may not work, or may even cause an error. So use at your own risk. I'd be a little worried about Allow Policy Saving. It may be fine. But just realize that the policy system (like many things) is an entirely different system in Éa, and I haven't tested that option.

Currently, Allow Policy Saving does nothing. You need to pick the policies as you get them with or without it.

Use "Restart Game" in the menu. It works fine but it's only available on turn 0. (Would folks like me to make that up to turn 3? 5? 10? unlimited? I haven't looked at code but it may be possible.)
Don't see why it could not be available all the time. Definitely for a dozen turns more anyway. As Sidhe I often have a nice cluster of single type luxury resource (for trade) but would like to explore out a bit to see if there is enough food around to perhaps grab at least one of those luxuries with the 1st city and the rest with the 2nd and 3rd.

This would I think lead to more varied starts as now I just keep clicking the Restart at turn 0 and quite soon it will give me a great start with several hunting or fishing/whaling resources around, and so my adopted names tend to be the same.

Top Bottom