Generic Vacation Thread

Banned by mom until I get 2 WEEKS of straight As.

Please don't kill me off unless you have a good reason.

Thanks.
Get those 'A's or I will make you the last nation to get horses. ;)

Get those 'A's or I will make you the last nation to get horses. ;)

He's in ELEMENTARY school for Pete's sake! There is no need for straight As as long as his grades are decent and he's in the top of his class :p

He's in ELEMENTARY school for Pete's sake! There is no need for straight As as long as his grades are decent and he's in the top of his class :p
Oh........xcl

Two weeks of straight As? How often do you get grade reports...?

That probably means "A"s in exams, which are far more frequent than quarterly/trimestral/semestral/annual grades reports.

I would get graded each week when I was back at school when I was on report...

If I understand what you are talking about here correctly, then grading in Russian schools is much more frequent than in USA. I certainly do seem to recall that it is appreciably more frequent than, say, in Israel.

Well... every piece of work is graded.. but collated all into a grade sent home to parents was termly.

*cough* Maybe we can *cough* take this to the *cough* While We Wait thread, and not *cough* spam this one?

Bugger*cough*off*cough*spammer*cough**wink**cough*

I might be unable to be in the NES board within the next few days due to the fact that my college life hangs on the balance on getting these post-high school, pre-college requirements (pictures, mostly, but I might have to re-write an entire school year's worth of essays because I don't keep the ones I write and there's this Science and Research one that's been bugging me for quite a while now) need to be all fixed up within the next three days (I had the whole of a month to do it, but meh three days is as good as any).

I figured I should probably warn some fairly specific people far in advance that I'll probably (not certainly) be missing from the entire Internet for three weeks or so (precise dates not yet established) in July, due to the archaeological practice. I will, ofcourse, leave instructions before I go.

Tyumen. More specifically, the vicinity of Surgut. Basically, they're finding a lot of Finno-Ugric remains over there lately, and our university has traditionally been involved in excavations in that region, among other places. The other option was Crimea (Chersonesos), but I've already been there, and I also get the impression that there's nothing left to do there now, so it's an option for slackers.

Archaeology sounds fun. I bet it's more than digging and classifying, but those two bits have the "exciting tedium" feel to them IMO.

No, the Finno-Ugric Iron Age lost city of Emder and it's vicinity (there are some other excavations near Yekaterinburg, but they are the very definition of hit-and-miss, with emphasis on miss as of late). If it helps, they've been finding lots of burial grounds amongst other things in that area.

No, the Finno-Ugric Iron Age lost city of Emder

Is that like Atlantis? When I googled it, it showed up in some Russian/random language(hopefully Russian, I can get my friend to translate later) Emder. Coool.

EDIT: Random Question: Is there any significance in the name, or is it just, chosen. Related to Ember, or Amber, or ...etc.

It's much more like Troy, inasmuch as the natives wrote an epic poem about it, and then some archaeologist (looked it up; apparently that was one of our current professors) found the subject. And there is always some significance to place names; however, it's in another language, so I can't seem to figure it out. :p

Top Bottom