Getting hold of 1.7.4 version of pitboss.exe

mudcovered

Chieftain
I have the Steam version of Civ4 which pre-downloads a patched to 1.7.4 version of the game but doesn't include pitboss.exe. Is there any way of getting hold of a pitboss.exe that is compatible with this version.

I can't patch the 1.6.1 version that is downloadable from firaxis (and other places) as the patch executables don't recognise the fact that I have Civ4 installed. I've also tried manually extracting the pitboss.exe from the patch but with no success.

Help!

Mike

I have uploaded the PitBoss EXE, RARed, for Vanilla Civ4 1.7.4 at some mass upload sites:

Sorry for any adverts at these sites- use Firefox and AdBlock Plus to not be bothered by them. ;)
Cheers for that. I now have a working pitboss game. You weren't kidding about the ads :D. Fortunately my browser defanged most of them.

Mike

Glad I could be of help. I personally never saw any of the ads but I hear they can be a pain. :)

Let me also point you in the direction of CivStats and the CivStatsUploader. It is a nice way of keeping track of whose turn it is- you will receive an email to let you know when it is yours and the same for the other players.

Also, PitBossServer hasn't been very stable on my system and I hear that others have that problem also. Luckily, it seems that PitBoss does automatic saves every turn and they are located in My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\pitboss\auto\.

Have fun!

Top Bottom