Glory of the SPRRR (Senate and People of the Real-senate Republic of Rome)(RFC RAND)

Sparta Joins the Republic
In 640 BC Rome had the second largest army in the world, massing to almost 100 000 strong. The Roman army was built off of mostly mercenaries, who were retrained with Roman equipment. For a county with a population of around 103 000, supporting an army which had 90 000 more soldiers then people not in the army was difficult. The country relied heavily on the agriculture imported from Egypt, and almost all of Rome’s finances went to either maintaining the army, or importing food to feed the army.
Following the battle of Athens, the Greek citizens of Athens started a major resistance force. King Pericles may have surrendered but the Greek people refused to acknowledge Rome’s claim over the city. 1 in 6 people living in the city before Rome invaded were slaves from Italia, and being under Roman rule would kill the economy of the city. The Rebellion of Athens showed the power of the people. A mere 12000 rebels managed to rout an entire Roman Legion despite the odds. However it would only be a matter of time before the Romans would send reinforcements.
Due to the lack of sophisticated road systems down it would be weeks before Rome could send more legions, and as a result Rome couldn't send reinforcements to the city before it was placed under siege, the Spartan had arrived first. Under king Arya, the Spartans easily invaded the city. Consul Wimus considered a war against Sparta, and with 60 000 soldiers protecting him, marched to Athens to negotiate control of the city. In the negotiations, Sparta was to be occupied by the Romans, and in return Arya and Leonidas would become Promagistrates. Some people believe he sold out his country for money and power. However, most historians now think that he did it to protect his country. Wimus came to the city with 60 000 soldiers. No matter how well the Spartans could fight in combat, no 4000 people could defeat an army of 60 000 Romans. War would have destroyed Sparta. 80% of the Greek Leagues civilians died in the war against Rome, Arya didn’t want his people so suffer the same fate.
This proved to be a wise act, as not only did Sparta benefit from being under the protection of Rome, Sparta grew finically as through the city, Rome was able to establish trade routes to India. Also, Arya was able to establish himself as a competitive senator, and his respect in the senate and Rome grew.
The dawn of the civil war
2 days later Wimus grew sick, people worried that he would die. He returned to his home in Antium (Trusca) to rest in Peace. Although he wasn’t dead yet, the other consul, Dommus started assuming he would die. With no other candidate for Consul, Dommus called himself acting dictator, and started taking away power from the senate. When Arya found out about this, he called for an armed revolution. He rebelled as he joined the Roman senate as a strong believer in the democratic system founded by Ilduce, and was heavily against Dictatorship.
The First Battle of Athens (In the civil war)
Sparta of course, sided with him, the people saw no interest in being under control of a Roman dictator, especially one that their beloved king opposed. Carthage decided to send support, sending 3 of their 4 spear divisions and 2 of their 5 cavalry divisions to help the rebellion. Other than that, he was on his own, most of Rome still supporting the Roman government. However due to the events in the next few months, it became clear that the reason for lack of support was lack of awareness, the people were unaware of the rebellion down south. Despite Carthage’s reinforcements, he wouldn’t be able to hold the city against the Roman army camped outside the city, which still held 60 000 strong.
Once hearing about rebel reinforcements arriving, the Romans sprang into action, according to their scouts it would be 2 days before rebel reinforcements would arrive, so they needed to act now if they were going to take the city. When marching towards the city Arya came out to negotiate peace. After the generals refused he spoke to the soldiers, hoping to get them to turn on their generals. Only 10 000 would listen to him. After 15 minutes of fighting he ordered the retreat, they would hide in Athens and the Romans were forced to lay siege to the city. This would be the fourth time Rome was attacking the city of Athens, in all of those circumstances they heavily outnumbered the Athenians, but were repelled in two of those situations. With the Spartans strength and Arya’s tactics the rebels managed to force a stalemate with the Romans, slowly giving up land they would be able to buy enough time for reinforcements to arrive.
However the reinforcements didn’t come, 3 Bedouin chariot divisions would be taking advantage of the civil war in attempt for a land grab. They were intercepted by the rebellion reinforcements. They were easily repelled, but the damage was done, this would delay the reinforcements. That night, captain Hamilcar decided to rush the Numidian cavalry, they wouldn’t sleep in order to get to the city on time.
It has been claimed that with just 2000 soldiers left, Arya had been completely encircled by at least 27 000 Roman legions, then right before the battle was lost, the numdian cavalry appeared on the horizon, they charged and were able to break the Roman line. Despite the reinforcements they Rebels were still outnumbered, but the Numdian Cavalry was able to break the encirclement. Angered at the turn of events the Roman general Flavius gave poor orders, trying to rush the battle, and ordered the Romans to break formation in a final attempt to kill Ayra, this break in formation gave the cavalry a much easier time taking down the Romans, and the Preatorians became fodder for the Numidian cavalry. Flavius was killed and as a result the soldiers routed. Arya was, with a significantly smaller army, able to easily defeat the Romans in battle that would be compared to Ilduces successful siege of Korinthos.
The damage done to the city was minimal, as most of the fighting was fought in Corinth, a small village on the outskirts of the city. Arya intentionally met the enemy outside the city to prevent any civilian casualties in the city. This act would make his popularity among the Athenians sky rocket.
With more then half of Romes army destroyed, captured or routed Dommus would have a much harder time. To make matters worse Omega lead a rebellion in the North. The garrisons in Arretium had been destroyed, and Omega would march south trying to force the government to the defensive.

Edit: fixed some grammer errors, added 2 lines in the end, and added screenshots

The Battle begins and Arya's Spartans suffer heavy casualties.

The Bedouin Chariots attacking Carthaginian spearman. This battle would prevent the spearman from participating in the battle of Athens, leaving Arya heavily outnumbered.

The Numidian Mercenaries arrive just in time giving arya a decisive victory in the civil war.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 155
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 161
Pans?! I never knew you were a cook, Arya:p

If you think the militaristic parties should merge than why not the libertarian parties. They have a lot in common too, as a matter of fact.

A great point. There are three Libertarian parties. A more unified party will allow us to be stronger.

I call for the merge of the Liberation, Freedom and Libimp parties into one party, called the Liberation Party, with me as the leader. Unitied we stand, divided we fall.

Awesome writeup. How about some pics?

I meant situational pics. Like graphs, city screens, advisor screens, that sort of thing?

Ok, time for abajillion screenshots. I organized based on use for the admins:
Praetor (Mr Banana)
Spoiler :

Military advisor scree

Quaestor (Ninjacow)
Spoiler :

Worker on top of wine's possible orders

Workers on top of horse's possible orders

Interior advisor. 14 gpt on 100%science -10 gpt on 0% science

Aedile: (Aysee)
Spoiler :

Governor of Italic (DoB)
Spoiler :

Governor of Greece (Arya)
Spoiler :

I will post more pictures late when I rap up the civil war, and then talk about Arya and Omega's turnset (when they were in power I managed to squeeze in 2 turns before the re-election)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0059.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0056.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 203
  • Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0054.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Civ4ScreenShot0058.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0058.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0063.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 147
  • Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0062.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0061.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 148
  • Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0060.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 151
Here is where the senate officially begins. Your governor of Italia so you decide the builds and the tiles worked. You also put forth suggestions to the Queastor on priority improvements to be constructed. I wish you luck.

first of all, i request workers to build a road to arretium, and i also would like a quarry in the marble near Antium. then Farms in the grains near Antium and a pasture to breed the pigs that live there. these cities lack some basic infrastructure. i suggest Antium start gathering some workers to help with the infrastructure, hope the Quaestor understand my improvements requests, but i know he is aware of the priorities. so this is because i want antium to help providing some workers.

Spoiler :
ilduce, can you pm me SS of the other possibles buildings in Arretium and Antium?

I’ve got some advise for the administration. Take it or leave it, guys

Spoiler :
Civics:

I recon that we should switch to Monarchy and Slavery. I am interested in negotiations with the Lib parties though.

Cities:

Rome: Worker => Forge (High Food to Happy Cap) => Forge (Production/Commerce Tiles) => Barracks (Production/Commerce Tiles) => Pretorians (Production/Commerce Tiles)

Trusca: Worker => Forge (High Food to Happy Cap) => Forge (Production/Commerce Tiles) => Barracks (Production/Commerce Tiles) => Pretorians (Production/Commerce Tiles)

Athens: Monument (High Production Tile) => Barracks (High Food Tiles Until Happy Cap) => Barracks (Production/Commerce Tiles) => => Worker => Pretorians (Production/Commerce Tiles)

Sparta: Warrior (High Production Tile) => Monument (High Production Tile) => Barracks (High Food Tiles Until Happy Cap) => Barracks (Production/Commerce Tiles) => Worker => Pretorians (Production/Commerce Tiles)

Arretum: Monument (High Production Tile) => Barracks (High Food Tiles Until Happy Cap) => Barracks (Production/Commerce Tiles) => Worker => Pretorians (Production/Commerce Tiles)

BTW, what I mean by Production/Commerce Tiles is work which ever one has the most (Example, imagine Rome has a 3 commerce tile and a 2 hammer tile, I want the 3 commerce tile to be worked.)

Workers:

Send the worker on the Wheat/Mine to connect that spot to Medioladium, and get the worker on the wine to go to the copper and build a road on that. (Connecting Medioladium to that tile.) Then get that worker to connect Rome to Athens. The two workers on the horses should connect Athens to Rome. Then one of them should go back to Athens

After they have finished that I would like them to stay in their respective cities and connect the following resources in this order of priority.

1.) Iron
2.) Food Resources
3.) Marble/Stone
4.) Other Military Resources

Then I want them to COTTAGE SPAM! :hammer: in their respective cities. (BTW these are my orders unless anyone objects to them.)

Foreign:

Carthage can fall in a ditch for all I care. If they don’t have Iron Working then they are behind us in tech. Besides, they are at war with someone else so they will probably focus more on Babylon more than us.

I want open borders with Egypt. If it is blanked out then gift them ten gold until in is not red anymore.

Scouting:

Get the warrior that will be built in Sparta to scout in Egypt lands (Scouts SUCK in RFC. They have one movement and they can’t attack. FAIL). I think that they should be our first target, but our war plans will depend on weather they spawned in Europe or if it is a colony.

Tech:

Do binary research (100% until we run out of money then run 0% until we get enough money to go 100% again ect.) except keep 100 gp in the bank in case of random events/diplo.

CoL => Math (Beeline) => Construction

(BTW these are my orders unless anyone objects to them.)

Military:

Keep at least one unit in each city, at least until the Barbs come.

Remember, this is just advice. Take it or leave it.

And another thing:

I PMed on what victory our coalition should follow. We all agreed on Domination, but we will consider Diplomatic if the Lib parties agree to play nicely.

:D

We already have HR. If either consul accepts to offer of Slavery we will put forth a vote in the senate tomorrow.
So you wont most cities to build workers first. Keeping in mind that we already have 5 workers and forges are already half way built.
Also remember we have writing so we can build libraries.
So roads takes priority over improvements. Also what place in the resource priority does Wine take? Anyway, unless one of the consuls objects, the workers main priority will be roads and cottages.
The question with them is in 3 turns, they will declare war on us if we don't:
1) Declare war on Babylon
2) Gift them Iron Working
They may not have IW but they have HR unlike us.
problem with that is we don't have currency so no gold trading. Also open borders invites Jew's (Please not back then, Jew's weren't considered people and were globally hated. Everyone else was polytheistic and they were against the Jew's claim that there was just one god) into our land.
Once again, unless one of the Consuls objects we will be using Binary research.
CoL => Math (Beeline) => Construction
Do either the Tribune or Consuls have a different tech path suggestion? If not then that will be the tech path we use.
We have the worlds largest army, what should we do with the other units???

@Arya: Do you accept becoming Governor of Greece or will you continue to be a rebel?

We already have HR. If either consul accepts to offer of Slavery we will put forth a vote in the senate tomorrow.

No, I’m asking Omega, but that doesn’t matter, these are just suggestions.

So you wont most cities to build workers first. Keeping in mind that we already have 5 workers and forges are already half way built.
Also remember we have writing so we can build libraries.

Yes, but the ratio for Cities/Workers on most SGs is 1.5 Workers per City. So according to that formula we should have 7.5 Workers :eek:. Also, worker build times in RFC are REALLY SLOW. X2 turns I think.

Also, only Rome and Tusca build Workers first. The rest build them later.

So roads takes priority over improvements. Also what place in the resource priority does Wine take? Anyway, unless one of the consuls objects, the workers main priority will be roads and cottages.

They tie with Marble/Stone. Are you going to be following my detailed plan of action in my post? Unless one of the consuls objects.

The question with them is in 3 turns, they will declare war on us if we don't:
1) Declare war on Babylon
2) Gift them Iron Working
They may not have IW but they have HR unlike us.

HBR, you mean :). It’s just if we declare war on Babylon we lose a potential friend in the late game. And what happens if we gift them IW and then they declare on us later in the game? Besides, we get nothing out of a war with Babylon because we have to give all our cities to Carthage. All that does is make Carthage stronger and decreases our stability. A waste of units. Anyways, Carthage will be to busy to send troops to us. :D

Problem with that is we don't have currency so no gold trading. Also open borders invites Jew's (Please not back then, Jew's weren't considered people and were globally hated. Everyone else was polytheistic and they were against the Jew's claim that there was just one god) into our land.

I think the Jews won’t hurt us in any way.

To get Egypt to open borders with us we should gift them a crappy tech like Agriculture.

Once again, unless one of the Consuls objects we will be using Binary research. Do either the Tribune or Consuls have a different tech path suggestion? If not then that will be the tech path we use.

Awesome :goodjob:

We have the worlds largest army, what should we do with the other units????

Put them in cities. It is WAY too early to attack. Besides, the Barbs might come soon.

Also, could you update the opposition info please? It still says WIM is opposition.

:D

We're okay with HR, as long as he or she knows that their power is not a "divine right" and is constitutionally limited. Still, we should get Representation/Universal Suffrage as soon as possible, for a real government made by the people. Slavery goes everything against my party, it's totally unacceptable.

I'd like to see some scouting with the horse archer. We should scout out Babylon or Carthage shouldn't be too bad. India is usually really weak because of their bad production, but we don't have the industry yet to train any extra men, so a war might not be possible for a while unfortunately.

Awesome! But why will it be disbanded?
Because that unit was specifically made for the civil war. Anyway, the Praetor requested that you scout the nearby lands. If yes, which direction will you go?
Anyways, do we have OB with Egypt, by any chance?
As usual the rfc ai is great at being a :):):):):) by leaving everything red when they are pleased towards you. No we do not have ob with anyone.

Top Bottom