Glory of the SPRRR (Senate and People of the Real-senate Republic of Rome)(RFC RAND)

Another story about the civil war
Counter-Attack
Following the crushing defeat at Athens, Dommus immediately ordered a counter attack, although the people up north were rebelling, they weren’t as organized as the rebellion groups to the south. And Ayra’s men were now the biggest threat to Rome. Dommus’s generals managed to regroup and prepared a counter attack, with the reinforcements from Rome, they once again heavily outnumbered the enemy.
Unlike last time every advantage fell to the Romans, with the consul himself on the front line, they were sure to have the greatest generals in Rome preparing for the upcoming battle. Even the Praetor Aysee was at the battle. Wimmus, the other consul, now fully recovered commanded a reserve army, in 12 hours he would be bringing reinforcements to the city, but they probably wouldn’t need them.
Not counting Wimmus’s forces, Arya was outnumbered 3-1, and knew his chances of success were slim. In the previous battle Arya’s Spartans had almost been wiped out, with most of them injured or dead, Arya’s front line would consist of just the Carthaginian spear and cavalry divisions. They were weakened from their fight with the Bedouins and arrived at the city the day before. They had no time to set up a proper line of defence and were at a major disadvantage. Arya’s only known advantage was Rome’s lack of cavalry, he ordered his cavalry to use hit and run tactics right outside the city in an attempt to slow the Roman advance. The cavalry units once again proved themselves dealing massive damage to both Aysee’s and Dommus’s unit. However each advance weakened the cavalry, eventually the captains ordered the retreat, they had done a lot of damage, but could no longer fight in the weakened state.
Arya’s only hope was to try encircling the enemy, and force the surrender. On the plains outside Athens, the Carthaginians stood in a cresent formation, with a weakened center hoping to drag Dommus in. Dommus took the bait and ordered the advance, despite the odds, the Carthaginian spearman were able to stand up to the better trained better equipped roman legions. The center held, giving up ground gradually but minimizing casualties, while the Numidian cavalry stripped the Roman wings. With the wings clear, Arya’s Spartans charged the unprotected flanks, buckling the Roman line, and then the cavalry attacked from the rear cutting the Romans off from the flanks. (This is actually a line from one of my textbooks about the battle of Cannae, replacing the names of course) The Romans were encircled and being slaughtered. However Wimmus then arrived at the battle field, ready to break the encirclement. This changed to moral of the battle and the Carthagenian lines started the break, Arya had no choice but to lift the encirclement, the spearman regrouped and launched a counter attacking on dommus’ center, locking the battle of the two main forces into a stalemate, Arya ordered the Numidian cavalry to attack Wimmus’s unit, but this time it was the cavalry that would be defeated, they were already weakened from the fighting, and they were no match for Wimmus’s elite guards. Regrouping with his Spartans Arya ordered the advance, charging Wimmus unit. The battle was slowly turning in favour of the Romans, and Arya’s line was now spread thin and starting to break. His only chance was to kill the consul to reduce the moral of the Romans.
As Athens is in the bottom of a valley, Wimmus would have an uphill advantage, as well as the power in numbers, and equipment. As this was Romes best and Sparta’s best, it is difficult to say who had the better training, but Arya’s men were the only of the two forces who had tasted real battle. Now days Rome’s army was so big, any battle they would bring overwhelming numbers, and that would guarantee victory, tactics and skill were practically rendered obsolete.
Wimmus attacked and encircled Arya’s unit, and Arya ordered his units to continue the advance up the hill, the Spartans attacked quicker than expected and Wimmuss’s men were too cocky to fight at their best. This would give the Spartans the advantage they needed. As if they were cavalry they had managed to splits Wimmus’s force in half and managed to gain the uphill advantage. While doing this they manage to inflict more damage than they sustained, and could now confront the Romans on equal footing. After locating Wimmus on the battle field Arya duelled the consul, killing him in seconds. The gods had blessed him twice as not only was he the best commander of his day, he was also the best fighter. With the consul dead, the tide of the battle turned, and Dommus ordered the retreat, they had suffered a fatal blow, and as a result of the casualties sustained in this battle they could no longer afford to go on the offensive.
As the war was now in his favour, before either side had time to heal injured soldiers or train new soldiers, Arya would go on the offensive. Just 2 weeks after the battle of Athens, he would lay siege to Rome itslef.

First off, we need more workers. A LOT more. Then we need to improve Rome. The sheep needs to be pastured and then the bronze needs to be mined. I'll look at the pictures more closely and then come out with something more comprehensive later.

Well for one thing it'll help Rome grow faster...:rolleyes:

Either one, I don't care.
Ok, I guess its up to Mr B to decide.
The siege of Rome
Once Arya arrived in Rome, he discovered it was more heavily defended than expected. Historians estimate that he was outnumbered 4-1 in this battle. The Romans had done a good job of regrouping, and as a result had a pretty sizable army. Ninjacow was ordered from the beginning to prepare to defend Rome in case it was ever attacked, and he assured the consul that the city was untakeble. Arya reminded himself that the Greeks said the same thing in both the battle of Korinthos and Athenai, and both times Ilduce managed to win. Omega’s soldiers had been going in and out of sieging the city for a few weeks. His forces were light and no match for the Roman Heavy infantry. However his soldiers had the advantage of speed and as a result when ever Rome attempted to lift the siege, his men was disappear, and then return as soon as the Romans tried to dig in.
Now Omega was ordered by Arya to lay siege on Antium. With the balance of power now in favour of the rebels, he wanted to spread the government forces as thin as possible.
The siege of Rome began, and he told the Romans that they would have 2 days to surrender, if they refused to do so, he would invade the city.
The governments forces weren’t too worried, most of their forces were on the city perimeter acknowledging that it would be better to see Antium fall, then try to send reinforcements there.
2 days passed and the government had refused to surrender, now was the time to attack, leading the way was what was left of the spearman. Arya decided he would leave the Spartans behind the line to go to where they needed reinforcements. This would prevent encirclement but was a dangerous strategy. The romans would destroy the spearman if it ever came down to fighting.
Despite this Ninjacow order to hold the positions, they had a better chance of survival in the city behind fortifications then in the open. He also assumed it was a trap, as Arya would never leave his line in such a careless defensive position.
Arya’s spearman continued to advance, waiting for the order to pull back, as going any closer to the Roman line would invite a massacre, but still the officers ordered the advance. Remaining as calm as they could they continued the advance. The rebel officers could only hope that no one panicked and fled, as bravery was needed to win this battle. The officers continued to remind their men that this was Arya’s plan, using superior tactics he had beaten these Romans twice before, and could easily do it again.
Ninjacow remained calm and continued to order the men to hold. Arya was growing impatient; he needed the Romans to leave their fortifications if he would have any hope of victory. Eventually it was time, he ordered the spearman to charge, expecting them to get massacred. Almost instantly after making contact with the Romans, their line collapsed, they sustain heavy damage and inflicting almost no damage to the Romans, retreating Ninjacow’s men started advancing to try to destroy Arya’s men once and for all. Ninjacow kept giving the order to hold, but the men had grown to confident and charged, his men were falling into Arya’s trap.
Almost instantly after the Romans had left their fortification, Arya’s right flank was given the order to hold, coming into contact with the Romans and despite the odds managed to hold the line. However on the left flank the line was falling apart, they were unable to reform the phalanx and as a result were being slaughtered by the Romans. It took a while for the officers to regain control over the situation, and tried to hold the line, but were still forced to slowly cede land. Ninjacow kept trying to order the unit to fall back to the defensive positions, but the men saw no reason to do so, they were winning and didn’t need to fall back to a defensive position. Ninjacow was furious, although he hadn’t figured out Arya’s plan yet he had clearly fallen into it. He realized this when Arya sent reinforcements to the right flank, rather than the left flank, which was falling apart.
The Romans continued to advance in the west and hold in the east. It was then that Arya choose to spring his trap, coming out of the nearby forest Omega’s men, who were suppose to be at Antium arrived, and as the Romans had advanced to far on their right flank, they were now encircled, once again it was a slaughter. Ninjacow was glad he didn’t send his entire army into the battle; otherwise Rome would be left undefended.
Second Battle of Rome
Due to the disastrous battle, Ninjacow was demoted, no longer in charge of the security of the city. For the second battle Aysee would be put in charge. This time the Romans would be at a disadvantage, Reinforcements from Sparta had arrived and Arya’s Spartans could now support a full phalanx. This would give him the advantage as he would now attack the city. Aysee wasn’t given enough time to line his troops along the fortifications, and lacked a full army due to the causulties his unit sustained in Athens. He was forced to resort to guerrilla warfare inside the city, lengthening the battle. After 4 days of Arya gaining block after block in the city he received news of Roman reinforcements. He would try to use this as an advantage. He ordered Omega’s Cavalru to stall the Roman advance, as if the reinforcements arrived at the city, Arya would be encircled. His Spartans fell back to also attack this new army. He ordered his and Omega’s spearman to continue the advance in the city.
The reinforcements were in the open with no cover, lacked missiles and cavalry and were just conscripts given weapons. Their commander had beater Omega twice now in this civil war so shouldn’t be underestimated. However they were fighting Spartans, and were easily defeated, but Duke of Britain put up a better resistance then Arya suspected. This was Arya’s first mistake in the war. By taking his best soldiers off the front line, dommus felt comfortable arriving on the front line. Inside the city they managed to encircle the spearman and destroy them. This was most of Arya’s men and they were now all dead. After destroying the spearman inside the city, Dommus order them to engage the Spartans outside the city. This would send the message to Arya that his men had been slaughtered.
As soon as Arya realized this he ordered his men to fall back, his line was sandwiched between Duke of Britain and Dommus’s men and would be slaughtered if they continued. This marked Arya’s first defeat and the civil war was no longer under his control.

That's too bad, I won't be able to reach a computer until Tuesday after today. SO unless we do a lot today, I'll miss most of my term.

But while I still have my term, I think wrker first in ALL the cities is the best idea. Workers always seem to build fast even in small towns, and the reward is a much better economy. Then after forges in all. It'll be a slow start, but it'll pay off. OR, we could warwith a neighbour and capture his workers.

Then after forges in all.
Under Ilduce every city built forges, there not complete yet, but some cities have almost built them.
OR, we could warwith a neighbour and capture his workers.
In 3 turns, Hannibal will become furious towards us unless we dow Babylon and gift him Iron Working.

The votes going into the senate today:
1. War with Carthage:
2/3 of Aysee, Mr Banana and Dommy are required to pass the vote.
2. Switch the construction of the forge in Rome to a worker:
5/9 votes required. If people abstain (don't log in, in time), just a majority needed. In the result of a tie, the Aedile is the deciding vote.
3. Switch research from Aesthetics to Code of Laws.
5/9 votes required. If people abstain (don't log in, in time), just a majority needed. In the result of a tie, the Queastor is the deciding vote.

Does either consul have any other votes they would like to put through?
Does either of the consul's want to use there Veto power for one of the votes?
Voting will close on Sunday.

I support war with Carthage. However, I ask the opposition to stay calm while we are at war.

I oppose making a worker since there's a war on. I won't use Veto power though, yet.

Leave research alone. I won't veto this one either though.

1. I support war with Carthage.
2. I support building a worker if it takes <8 turns, otherwise continue the forge.
3. I support going for code of laws over aesthetics.

Also, switching HR is a good idea, but I don't think slavery will benefit our land very much. Talia right now is pretty food poor, and we have plenty of production. It isn't worth the extra upkeep and the chance of revolts. I say we put off the revolution until later, our cities would not benefit much.

Ok, last story considering the civil war. We are now up to date in the story.
Third Battle of Rome
Due to Duke leaving the city of Antium undefended, Omega decided it was time to continue to siege of Antium. Arya argued that it would be better to just attack and destroy Rome while they were here. As a result Omega and his soldiers left the city to attack Antium leaving Arya and his Spartans alone the siege the city.
After 2 days of simply waiting outside the city he realized that they weren&#8217;t going to attack, he decided that this was because they suffered to many casualties in the previous battles.
Arya advanced into the city taking casualties while pushing back the defenders. Most of Rome&#8217;s remaining troops were peasants resisting a &#8216;Greek&#8217; invasion. However there were still the scattered remnants of Dommus&#8217;s and Aysee&#8217;s unit. The battle advanced slowly as Arya cleared out the city blocks one by one. It was taking longer than expected. On day 3, Aysee was wounded in the battle and shortly after the line he was holding broke. On day 4, Dommus suffered the same fate. It was now just Dobbus&#8217;s (Duke of Britain) unit and a small band of archers left defending the city.
The Archers proved to be more troublesome than expected and surprisingly helped push back the Spartans. Dobbus was able to start an advance as the Spartans had lost to many unit. Eventually the Spartans broke, retreating outside the city.
It had been a week since Omega&#8217;s soldiers left so Arya could only assume that Omega failed to gain control of Antium, which was less than a 3 day march from here. Arya ordered a retreat so they could regroup with reinforcements in Athens and defeat Dobbus down south.
Dobbus figured the same thing and left the city to attack the Spartans. Hoping to destroy the Spartans before their reinforcements arrive.
However fortunately for Arya none of these happened, Omega&#8217;s horse archers arrived at the scene and encircled Dobbus&#8217;s army. They surrendered without a fight, Omega faced a larger resistance then expected in Antium but then manage to walk into Rome with even less resistance. Then using his fast Horse Archers he was able to intercept Dobbus&#8217;s army before they could fight what remained of the Spartans. The civil war was now over, and Arya and Omega replaced Dommus and Wimmus as consuls. The new consuls were famous for being the first 2 Consuls not of Italic descent. Omega was born an Egyptian and Arya was born a Spartan.
The Arya Defensive Reformations of 640 bc
Upon winning the war, Arya enacted strict reforms on military control with the idea of strengthening the army through stricter training, improving weapons used by soldiers, and paying for the construction of walls.
The Act achieved 4 main goals:
1. All drafted units (My mod allowed most civics to use the draft button) will be better Equipped and Trained. They will start off as Praetorians instead of Spear. Each upgrade will cost the nation 8 gold.
2. Arya donated 300 gold from his own wallet into lengthening the defence budget. The money was used to build forts across the border, and walls in most cities. This money paid for the construction of 5 walls, and 2 forts.
3. From now on, Athens and Sparta will be able to construct phalanxes (Greek unique unite) instead of Axeman(what they replace)
4. A Government reformation giving the senate more control over the army making the country able to mobilize units quicker. (Heredity Rule was adopted, but we are still a republic in game)
The Riots of 640 bc
After losing the civil war, what remained of the government entered a small resistance group. Spreading around the country they would burn government buildings at night when no one was looking.
They managed to destroy the construction sites for the walls in 3 of the cites, and destroyed a pasture.
Because of the terrorist actions, Arya offered Omega dictatorship, to have stricter control of the country and stop the terrorism. Omega refused as a strong believer of Democracy he didn&#8217;t want to be corrupted by power.
After 2 weeks of rioting, Arya gave in to the rebel&#8217;s demands. A re-election was held to which Arya would not run, and left the city to return to his home in Sparta. After publicly announcing that he voted for the Partis de Bellum, support for that party sky rocketed. Dommus and Banana would be the new consuls.

Also, switching HR is a good idea, but I don't think slavery will benefit our land very much. Talia right now is pretty food poor, and we have plenty of production. It isn't worth the extra upkeep and the chance of revolts. I say we put off the revolution until later, our cities would not benefit much.
Not the mention that every city has 1 population.

FREE THE SLAVES
Upon his visit to Egypt Omega attacked a slave market freeing 800 slaves in capacity and brought them to Antium. They ask that we return the slaves:

Return them (-2 relations with Ramses)
Refuse to return them (-8 relations with Ramses, War is declared, receive 2 free workers in Antium)

wow, Omega, what the hell was you thinking? we are already at war with Carthage, i just hope the egyptians don't have a strong army. i think we should keep the slaves, i just can't think of them getting over this event easily, and well, they would end up like enemies one way or another.

edit : sorry, was looking at my homework and didn't remembered about the voting :p

wow, Omega, what the hell was you thinking? we are already at war with Carthage, i just hope the egyptians don't have a strong army. i think we should keep the slaves, i just can't think of them getting over this event easily, and well, they would end up like enemies one way or another.

-Switch the construction of the forge in Rome to a worker:
no, build the forge first, unless the worker don't take that long.

-Switch research from Aesthetics to Code of Laws.
yes.
As a governor, you unfortunately don't get a vote. however I was about to pm you to ask what do you want Antium and Arretium building?

Edit:Ours spies no little about the desert nation, but Omega's visit to Niwt-Rst (Egyptian Capital) tells us that it is defended by just 2 warriors.

Top Bottom