Got Mormon?

Would you vote for a Mormon for President (base this solely on them being Mormon)

• Total voters
I think that something like religion matters about as much as what college the candidate went to. I really couldn't give a damn either way unless the candidate makes a big deal of it. If he does I tend to count it a negative. I don't really blame Romney for it because its everyone else bringing it up and he's just answering. People like GW Bush who bring it up all the time, unprovoked, piss me off.

Yeah, but unfortunately my poor wording in the OP probably renders it meaningless.

Romney's religion doesn't make him any less appealing as a candidate. I could vote even a fundamentalist if (s)he wouldn't let it affect politics.

It shouldnt...however....

It probably affects Romney to about the same extent that Obama will lose votes because he is black and Hillary will lose votes because she is a woman.

Personally, I would be ok with him being the candidate, but I do have concerns that the 'mormon' issue would be enough of a dectractor to harm him running against a democrat. I actually think Huckabees recent rise a direct result to find and support a religious conservative other than Romney.

Top Bottom