GOTM 37 Second (and final) Spoiler.

Well you only have one option then. Since you are clearly too small to win on histograph you are stuck with domination. Which means taking down France plus another civ who has enough land to give you victory.

Yeah. Persia is potentially a good option here. They have oil and can't access my city on the choke in one turn. They could throw all they have at it but, without smart bombing :rolleyes: , they have no chance to do any damage. They couldn't hurt me unless they bombed my rails across the choke (thereby keeping me from retreating). I'll need a lot of settlers to keep arabia out of france, and I'll need spies to watch for space parts. However, I can't get espionage until my massive financial strain ends...

This game has thrown me off phase a little (probably won't be competing again until #39), but this has been perhaps the most interesting civ game (for me) ever. Good job staff!! :goodjob:

WackenOpenAir said:
-QSC worker count and micro managing early food.
-Mircomanaging and short rushing cities to produce Mounteds in 2 turns.
-Aquiring tech from AI at no cost. (compared to regular trading)
-upgrading knights from MW. (would be #1 if horses instead of MW)
-General strategy. (order of conquest, peace and war policy, defence point against persia) ...

Well, I think that the only thing which has been clearly different from my game is general strategy including order of conquests. Unless you got an extra settler from the hut or something else. As well as multiple successfull RoP abuses. I'm still inclined to believe that the latter has greatly contributed to the early finish date.

Did you play open or predator? I had aslo to trade contacts around fairly early in the game because of multiple extortion attempts.

I used ROP against arabia and Germany only really.

I did play open, had only a few extorsion attempts. You can read my first spoiler to see when i traded contacts. etc.
I don't think trading contacts should have been much of a problem this game.

I had 2 EMPTY goody huts, no more than that.

I can't find your first spoiler, so can't compare things in there. I have seen only sir pleb come close with 20 workers though (i had 22+7s) other players had significantly less.

I am still convinced this is the primary factor to succes.

I also saw some players not using the warrior to swordsmen upgrade, not doing that would also cost some time.

I also want to add however, had i done anything different costing me x turns by itself, it would probably have costed at least double that in reallity. This because:
-some AI would have been finished off later, allowing them to help persia with research and trading a bit longer. Now, after the first MA techs, Persia has been doing research all by itself.
-Had it taken any longer, i could have been forced to go for cavalry instead of knights. I was pretty close to the point of needing those.

Top Bottom