GOTW hacked

civoholic

Warlord
okay, on chieftain someone ''won'' the game in 3000 bc, sure, i won in 1350 ad because i was waiting for knights

This IS INSANE, some ''won on diety by 2500 bc, hopefully 2k fixes this, or i might not want to play game of the week:mad:

They were both from austrailia, so i think there might be something wrong with the server, or the game

i think domination rushing, but thats way fast!

This was not a hack. It is possible to win the game as early as some of these guys are. You have to figure out how yourself though, but no cheats involved. This was already looked into by 2K previously.

This was not a hack. It is possible to win the game as early as some of these guys are. You have to figure out how yourself though, but no cheats involved. This was already looked into by 2K previously.

warriors couldnt possibly move fast enough to get to one of the capitols in 10 turns, theres NO WAY

Do you have a 2k source for what they looked into? I find the scores highly suspicious.
For example the current number 1 on Deity finished in 2500BC (with Domination) that is in 15 turns. The 4 AIs are disposed in a sort of star pattern with the farthest (Saladin) at 16 regions distance (there are two at 12 regions -Bismark and Tokugawa- and one at 7 regions -Elizabeth-). On Deity the AI starts with 1 warrior (at least.. they might have other bonuses.. for example I am under the strong impression that they start with Bronze Working .. hence archers). Elizabeth has archers (Longbowmen) with +1 defense. Saladin is Fundamentalist wich means +1 attack. Bismark has elite warriors.
From the description above it appears clear that Saladin cannot be conquered with Warriors (not enough time to travel) so that means one needs at least one Horsemen (the only possible unit with 2 moves in the available time frame). Also because of the star pattern you need to produce more than one unit. The theoretical minimum is 2 horsemen.. 1 for Bismark and Saladin an 1 for Elizabeth and Tokugawa.. assuming it doesn't lose any turn to heal the first would need 10 turns to perform its mission and the second 12 turn (ignoring the fact that by the time yosuyu reach the capitals there is at least one archer inside). It beats me how could one have the first Horsemen in turn 3 (reasearching Horseback Riding take 5 turns).
If somebody has other ideas please say them no matter how crazy they must sound at first.

Do you have a 2k source for what they looked into? I find the scores highly suspicious.
For example the current number 1 on Deity finished in 2500BC (with Domination) that is in 15 turns. The 4 AIs are disposed in a sort of star pattern with the farthest (Saladin) at 16 regions distance (there are two at 12 regions -Bismark and Tokugawa- and one at 7 regions -Elizabeth-). On Deity the AI starts with 1 warrior (at least.. they might have other bonuses.. for example I am under the strong impression that they start with Bronze Working .. hence archers). Elizabeth has archers (Longbowmen) with +1 defense. Saladin is Fundamentalist wich means +1 attack. Bismark has elite warriors.
From the description above it appears clear that Saladin cannot be conquered with Warriors (not enough time to travel) so that means one needs at least one Horsemen (the only possible unit with 2 moves in the available time frame). Also because of the star pattern you need to produce more than one unit. The theoretical minimum is 2 horsemen.. 1 for Bismark and Saladin an 1 for Elizabeth and Tokugawa.. assuming it doesn't lose any turn to heal the first would need 10 turns to perform its mission and the second 12 turn (ignoring the fact that by the time yosuyu reach the capitals there is at least one archer inside). It beats me how could one have the first Horsemen in turn 3 (reasearching Horseback Riding take 5 turns).
If somebody has other ideas please say them no matter how crazy they must sound at first.

I think the chieftain one might be possible, because i won by 1000 bc putting all research (4 per turn) and building horseman armies

But deity, no chance, the 2nd place guy on deity got 500 ad, and the rest finished it by 1900's ad

also, you start out as spain

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you allowed to play the GOTW as often as you'd like?

If so, then you can play several times, to get to know the map and your opponents, then plan a strategy, using that knowledge, for the fastest possible win.

Exactly, you can keep playing over and over again and your top score will be the one to apply to the GOTW scores. The 2K person that looked into this was Elizabeth, and there was already a multipage thread accusing people of cheating in GOTW. One of the top players had managed to develop a near perfect strategy after mastering the map. It was confirmed to be legit. In terms of movement, consider that you can get a zulu warrior out in three turns, and he can move 2 tiles per turn after coming out.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18829&page=2&highlight=gotw

Those guys actually have a website where they map out the entire game of the week map with all the money squares and wonders and starting positions etc.

Here's a link: http://civgameoftheweek.com/

Exactly, you can keep playing over and over again and your top score will be the one to apply to the GOTW scores. The 2K person that looked into this was Elizabeth, and there was already a multipage thread accusing people of cheating in GOTW. One of the top players had managed to develop a near perfect strategy after mastering the map. It was confirmed to be legit. In terms of movement, consider that you can get a zulu warrior out in three turns, and he can move 2 tiles per turn after coming out.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18829&page=2&highlight=gotw

you play as SPAIN, so you don't get that, and tell me how you could beat deity in 15 turns, the rest did it about a good 100 turns later,; uless he's the greatest civ player ever, he cheated

Its no hack. Trust me. Grumbles69 is a very good player.

I've also been able to do the chieftan one by 3200BC but it doesnt let you win before 3000BC. Its possible, no exploits, no cheats, no hacks. Its possible.

Its no hack. Trust me. Grumbles69 is a very good player.

I've also been able to do the chieftan one by 3200BC but it doesnt let you win before 3000BC. Its possible, no exploits, no cheats, no hacks. Its possible.

post up a video of your friend doing that, on youtube, then ill believe you , on deity lvl

To be honest, if you don't trust me I could care less. But I assure you that I'm telling the truth. Also, people like keeping strategies about to do it quickly to themselves. I wouldn't expect people to post videos of how to do it, then the top of the leaderboard would get crowded :p

I'm not too sure that 2k actually looked into this. If you look at the thread on the 2k website, you can see that Elizabeth was taking the word of another player who said he had talked to one of the players who was achieving the high times, and that their strategy was legitimate.

The more I think about it, I do no think that these times are possible. My theory is that maybe there is a way to gain a domination victory after you have taken out just 1 civiliazation. Then their posted times will probably make more sense.

I apologize if I upset anyone who has obtained these remarkable times legitimately.

I apologize if I upset anyone who has obtained these remarkable times legitimately.

Not upset. Just incredibly amused. Its just funny that when people can't think of a strategy that is as good as others they automatically pull the HACK-card.

hey guys,

just to let you know, grumbles and spencer (the aussies of whom you speak) aren't hacking the game. they have a very specific strategy, but i've tried it out, and it works. it's just really fast!

so rest assured, GOTW is still okay. just competitive.

Top Bottom