Goz -10 Slow Motion is our Potion

save

Pre-Turn
we could have Lizzy's horses for 450g straight, hold on for now since we are building infra first
Canterbury has some ridiculously high flip risk and we put so many units into it? Well, remove all except the required 2
increase science and we can get feudalism in 4, since nobody else has it yet, it might be a good chance

IT well, our chance for a monopoly is gone and 5 AI's know feudalism now :(

1. 30BC
reduce science a little, feudalism still in 3

IT spot the English fighting an unseen enemy that MUST be Byz,
I actually think we should take this opportunity and strike as well

2. 10BC
establish an embassy with London (pop 4 and pathetic) to check things

dial up Lizzy and give her 440gold for horses
get MW ready into striking position against Byz
irritatingly Salamnaca can be max 29spt :gripe:

IT America declares on English as well, good

3. 10AD
the new millenium starts with a war and we declare on Byz
first thing is to take 2 slaves and spotting a spear as top defender at Amorium (we have 4 MW's there)
also advance with 8 MW's near Smyrna

IT no counter as expected, only see a wounded archer in the jungle that is immediately taken care of by an English sword
we get feudalism, go into big picture and we can get mono from England
then we get the bad news

4. 30AD
we better raze everything on the way while fighting, the culture pressure is far too strong
raze Amorium for 2 gold and 2 slaves
next city to go is Smyrna, but once the town is taken I spot this :eek:

luckily they can't reach our horses in the IT
more stunning news as I suddenly spot a musket in Dyracchium
join a worker to Salamanca and we are at 30spt for the time being

research is set on theology to be able to trade maybe

IT I seem to have grossly underestimated Byz since they come with this big stack and beat 1 our our exposed MW

5. 50AD
retreat some MW's into safety the let the Byz come forward first
Maybe we should sue for peace once we can, with 2 razed cities, things aren't that bad

we are getting the FP next turn and 2 settlers to fill those voids once we have peace

I feel bad handing over the game in such a shape so I decide to play the war out

IT we get FP

6. 70AD
there is a stack of 8 units coming closer to Dover, let's see what happens, reposition units

IT because the AI is basically dumb, the stack follows the MW's I have sent close to Nicomedia

7. 90AD
continue to play hide and seek with the Byz trying to keep them away from our core until we can sue for peace
and maybe take Nicomedia as well

8. 110AD
march on to Nicomedia

9. 130AD
our GA ends and we get a riot, scroll forward to prevent others to do the same
Byz still does not want to talk, attack and defeat a musket in Nicomedia and they are willing to talk
let's see whether we can take out that town, take out 1 more musket and raze town for 3 slaves
time to negotiate peace with Byz
they would give us 200+ gold, go for another deal instead, get theology for 18gpt
get Engineering from Spain for Theology and 40gold and finally trade engineering +5gpt to Japan for chivalry

send 2 settlers to the front quickly, rush another in St. regis for next turn

going to stop here so we can discuss next steps

we can actually trade luxes a lot, but I didn't dare to do that because of the trade rep. Next target is clarealy England again to take them out completely finally. Prepare for that, we currenyly still have 20 MW's and the deal with England lasts another 13 turns

something seems to be currently wrong with the uploads, since you can't access the save and see the pics I posted there. So, reading through my turnlog might be a bit confusing. If tonight the feature still doesn't work, I will attach the save and upload the pics via a different channel.

I can't see the pictures either. Sounds like Canterbury flipped, although it is a guess.

Sounds like we prepare for war in 13 turns.

I hate flips!

But we're sitting good anyways.

Sounds like we prepare for war in 13 turns.

That's it! We better be careful trading stuff before then, when Lizzy is gone we can do as we please.

Preturn- Some worker actions, not much else.

IT- Byzantines and England sign peace.

T1 150

Pretty quiet.

T2 170

A Byzantine settlment forces me to change our settlement plans slightly. Nothing major.

T3 190

Nothing.

T4 210

Byzantines poach another spot, we'll grab something else.

T5 230

Not much. I'll play one more to even it up.

IT- Coventry flips to England :mad:

T6 250

Nothing much of anything

Summary

We're gaining strength with a whopping three knights now. We're strong compared to England, so we should encounter little to no difficulty when the time comes to end them.

Coventry flips to England
I ahte flips, this is #2 already. can we either eliminate them or raze their towns.

The flips hurt a bit more with this variant, since we're certain to lose at least two units with every flip. In the next war with England perhaps we can hold the cities since we'll probably take them out, but when we go against the Byzantines again I have no doubt it will be all raze and replace.

Kaiser_Berger said:
The flips hurt a bit more with this variant, since we're certain to lose at least two units with every flip. In the next war with England perhaps we can hold the cities since we'll probably take them out, but when we go against the Byzantines again I have no doubt it will be all raze and replace.
Raze and replace is the key. We razed several Byzantine cities, but Theo did the replacing.

Preflight check: I see we have 11 warriors, 17 spears, and 3 pikes giving us 31 defenders for 17 towns. I guess we need 34 min, and some more if we want to take some English towns? Or maybe not. We seem to be building a ton of knights? Ah well, as usual, I’m confused :lol:
Notice China and England is at war. China will sell us Gems & contact with America for wines and dyes. However, I think our dingy will meet them sometime soon. Then we’ll get something better.

T1: 260AD Found Gramawaga -> worker

IBT: Sumeria completes Copernicus

T2: 270AD Meet the dumb Americans. Gift them lit so they stop watching the boob-tube

IBT:
T3: 280AD

IBT: Carthage building Magellan’s

T4: 290AD

IBT: Hittites building Magellan’s

T5: 300AD we have 8 knights and 20 MW’s. I’m pretty sure the next player can pound on England pretty good.

I’m pretty sure the next player can pound on England pretty good.

I like the sound of that :)

WackenOpenAir - on deck
Bede
gozpel
Sir Bugsy
bed_head7
ThERat
Kaiser_Berger
grahamiam - Just played
Offa - UP

300ad.

Our tech position looks grim.

I would like to disconnect iron, so I can build some warriors for cheap defence.
Therefore I exit Oil springs for 1 turn to pliiage the iron. The warrior will go back next turn.

310ad
Iron is disconnected. I move a number of troops towards England but it is difficult as I have to keep lots at home to stay within the variant.

Builds switched to MWs and warriors.

ibt Byzantines are building Magellans.

320ad
deal with england ends so it is war again.

Attack v Coventry:
vet knight wins (4/4) v reg pike
vet knights win (5/4) v reg pike and promotes.
town captured.

ibt England lands 2 knights next to Manchester: a knight and an archer: the position is hopeless.

330ad
v warwick:
kill one reg pike with a vet knight losing one HP.
next vet knight redlines and retreats having reduced pike to 2HP
next vet knight redlines but wins revealing a longbow.
elite MW kills longbow and we take the town. No leader.

I abandon Manchester. It rained too much.

ibt. The 2 warriors who were in manchester are killed: I guess I should have disbanded them.

Knight outside York survive 4 attacks by knights and MI.

340ad
v York(on a hill):
vet knight redlines and retreats having caused no damage.
vet knight redlines and kills reg pike.
vet MW redlines and retreats taking 1HP off the pike
elite MW kills the pike.
vet MW redlines and retreats v a longbow.
vet MW kills the longbow and we take the town. This is a prize as it has horses.

vet knight kills an english MI on a hill near York.

ibt english sword kills MW outside York (there beause of misclick)

350ad
elite knight dies attacking MI. It promotes to 2/4
vet MW dies attacking the same guy, now 2/5
elite MW kills it. No leader.

vet MW dies attacking a sword on a moutain next to York, not a good turn.
vet MW kills the sword.

vet knight kills a longbow.

I think this variant is proving a fair bit tougher than it seemed, and we are making slow progress. Our tech position is bad. I think we can deal with England OK, but we need a clear strategy, especially regarding technology.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads10/Goz10_350AD.SAV

I see i am up.

With all these games we are playing, i have not been following this one very closely. I will need spend some time on this and am currently a bit busy, so please have a little patience, i expect to post tomorrow.

Turn 1: move some troops
Turn 2: Take Hastings without losses, 2 redlines.
Turn 3: York deposed.
Capture Oxford
Capture York
I sell our luxuries to Sumeria for 14 gpt.
Turn 4: Not much
Turn 5:
Capture London.
I think we will need our reputation to get out of this. Technology problem.
I suggest we make a peace deal with england, including every gpt penny we can muster and get their technology. Then redeclare. N
We conquer a bunch more of them and repeat. (they have 9 more cities) After that, we do the same thing with our next opponent.
I'll wait for aproval before doing this.

WackenOpenAir said:
I think we will need our reputation to get out of this. Technology problem.
I suggest we make a peace deal with england, including every gpt penny we can muster and get their technology. Then redeclare. N
We conquer a bunch more of them and repeat. (they have 9 more cities) After that, we do the same thing with our next opponent.
I'll wait for aproval before doing this.
usually, in the sg forum, we try to avoid these gotm style exploits. these games are more about survival than fastest finish. gozpel should weigh in, as it's his game, but I'd lean against using peace exploits (we sign peace, then we sign it for 20 turns!) and resource disconnect exploits. just my $0.02, we can toss it if the team wants

these games are more about survival than fastest finish.

Reputation is golden in my SG's. I rather lose with my rep intact than not. Sometimes you can't help it, like the AI cutting a road on the other side of the world.

There are many ways to gain missing techs, espionage and delicate warring for instance. I've been in deeper tech-holes than this, so it's not lost yet. :)

Top Bottom