GR27 - AWE Archipelago vs 30 civs

Got it
Will need a full week I guess
Great progress btw

Always interesting reading about the exploits of this crew.

We'll be starting the next game before too long--would you be interested in playing, as you suggested a while back?

guys, if you want me, i´d like to join in your next game.

usually i beat deity, but i have never played an AW game before. started one but soon found it boring as a solo game, thinking that it is more of a SG style game.

preferably i would not choose a huge world, for spare time is my limiting factor ;)

templar_x

Lurker:

templar x, they are surely going to play on 250x250. Much larger than even a huge map. Turns get to be very very long. Load up one of the turns and check it out.

vmxa - thanks for pointing that out. probably i could have guessed that. in that case i have to withdraw my request, as it would take me *weeks* to play the later turns on such a map, and i couldn´t impose that on the team.

templar_x

yes, turns can get very long.

I am still on turn 1 in this one and wiped out India with ease. Massive fleets will have to cross some oceans to take care of the remaining 3 Cics.

Are you going to be able to finish off the game? Four turns and three AI left (Greece, Aztecs and Dutch). If you can win it, go ahead.

Right about now nukes could be a lot of fun...:trouble:

Pre-Turn
do what was requested and switch all those scientists to taxmen,,,
also sell some factories and other stuff where not necessary and rush a few transports

IT Flip Risk 1 deposes us

1. 1912AD
take back flip risk 1
then advance in India, take Calcutta, Madras, Hyderabad, New Calcutta
New Bengal, New Lahore, Dacca, Karachi
raze New Bombay, capture New Madras, Punjab, Pune and New Chittagong
India is gone

send a huge convoy towards Aztecs, EAT in 4 turns
found replacement cities

rush stuff as much as possible

2. 1914AD
unload 12 units in Greece

IT no Greek response, that's strange

3. 1916AD
defeat 3 units and Knossos is ours
keep it as the base to attack them, from there raze Thesalonika
we can build an airbase there...this will be the fate of Greece already
make a second landfall with an army

unload 12 MA next to Groningen

IT Greek come out of their cities, exactly what we need
I see someone fight

4. 1918AD
take Delphi, raze Pharsalos, Rhodes and Thermopylae
move troops towards Athens and land next to Sparta

take Groningen, raze Delft and form an airfield
raze the Hague
land a huge army in the south (Aztec land)

found replacements and airlift a host of stuff over

5. 1920AD
capture Eindhoven and Arnhem, raze Rotterdam
abandon Arnhem
take Tlaxcala, Texcoco, Teotihuacan, Teno

capture Sparta, Athens, raze Argos, abandon Delhpi and Athens

found replacements

6. 1922AD
capture Corinth, finally get an army in greece, set up for final attack

take Tlateloco, Calix, Tlacopan, Azxcapo
capture Haarlem, Utrecht

get 2 more armies, not that it matters at all

IT Aztecs and Dutch continue to fight and pillage their land

7. 1924AD
raze Mycenea, bomb and take Heraklea and Greece is gone
raze Tzintzuntzen, take Xoxjicalco, Tula
capture Amsterdam, Maastricht and Middleburg and both Dutch and Aztecs are down to 1 city

8. 1926AD
take Holwerd and Dutch are gone, take Malinalco and Aztecs are gone

IT we win by conquest

WTG guys... good on you!

Rat, a typically fast and efficient finish. :thumbsup: Congratulations to the whole team. :clap: :banana: :hatsoff:

Congratulations guys, looong game, but you went all the way. :) How many turns were left in the end?

112, so the time limit was never an issue.

This was one of our longer games. But unlike in GR18 (Genocide as Korea), where our slow progress was due to fundamental factors in our position, here the problem was mostly our terrible luck generating Leaders before 450 AD. Once the Leaders/armies started coming, everything went smoothly.

It's clear that the maximum AI aggression setting helped us, and we should retain it for future games. The Carthaginians were on our continent, yet we didn't have to fight them seriously until almost 1000 AD. Only constant war between the Carths and our nearer enemies can explain that.

I checked the replay and it was clear that wars were going on at many parts of the planet, which is a nice change. I also like this setting.

We had a good starting location far away from others. Of course our next pangaea game would be different.

Do you think that it is too big of a boost to have them fighting each other so early? I am not sure as I never really noticed it doing much in solo games.

How many AI civs were you using in those solo games? By simple probability, boosting the chances of war between AI civs should matter more when there are thirty than when there are seven.

What I was saying is that if, it did cause more wars, it may make it too easy. The easier games were the games were the AI is having long wars with each other.

Nice finish ThERat.

I will likely start the next game this weekend. Since we are only playing Monarch and I have yet to see a Monarch game that can't be won, I probably won't pick max aggression. I may choose slightly more aggressive than normal especially if I go for random start and civ.

If the civ is random and we might get expansionist, do ppl want huts on or off?

Top Bottom