[RD] Hamas/Israeli War News One: Hostages and Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of woefully out of date boomers who still buy into the decades-old narrative of Israel as some plucky underdog run by cuddly labour zionists, rather than literally the bloodthirsty lunatics who helped get Yitzhak Rabin killed.

Zard, a response being predictable does not mean that response is excusable. Israels retaliation is disproportionate.

You keep "explaining" it as if we don't understand, when in fact we disagree.

And what wpukd a proportionate response look like?

Their response looks like it is vengeance, which is not really at all recognised as a legitimate interaction (quote marks around lots of those words).

If vengeance were, I'd think 3:1 would be an extreme upper limit.

Right now there seems to be no eventual upper limit to their intent, whatever that actually is.

Proportionate response might look like a more targeted approach against Hamas military/paramilitary forces. The downside from an Israeli viewpoint is that this would likely involve more ground troops in Gaza and thus more Israeli military casualties but fewer Palestinian civilian casualties. Less use of dumb artillery and unguided bombs, More use of guided munitions with smaller warheads.

Literally Israel Palestine started this round every day for decades... Every single day they have murdered, Terrorised humiliated, Suicide Bombed robbed, Rocketed pillaged, Kidnapped and raped their way into the position they have now.
For decades. You would be motivated to respond as well.

The perpetration downward cycle of violence and hatred
But if you only examine one side you will have a distorted view
oh ffs for 30 years I supported Israel. I'm very fudging familiar with the talking points of both sides. Now I call it as I see it, Israel never had any intention of actually running a democracy. Their entire project is based on the 19th Century Colonial apartheid models. They pretty openly admit this now and thus I've given up my support. It's a disgusting project that lacks any self-awareness of the hypocrisy of its very existence. Your unquestioning support of genocidal governments is disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
If one wished to hear someone [expletive erased to preserve the good morality on CFC-OT] off Israel and believe every single claim that they make, you could just turn on a television, instead of posting here.
1707832484941.png

speaking of propaganda just repeated without examination by the msm.. .

Proportionate response might look like a more targeted approach against Hamas military/paramilitary forces. The downside from an Israeli viewpoint is that this would likely involve more ground troops in Gaza and thus more Israeli military casualties but fewer Palestinian civilian casualties. Less use of dumb artillery and unguided bombs, More use of guided munitions with smaller warheads.
This. This is what response to even bad terrorist attacks look like... The USA Inc. did not level half of Oklahoma after the OK City bombing...

According to the Geneva Conventions and the Rome Statute, five-year-old Hind Rajab, her family, and the two paramedics who attempted to save Hind were all victims of a serious and complex crime that included multiple grave violations and war crimes. The first was the planned unlawful killing of unarmed civilians in a civilian car in broad daylight; the second was the refusal to give urgent medical assistance to injured people when they discovered that a wounded child was still alive; and the third was the intentional unlawful killing of PRCS paramedics on a humanitarian assistance mission, despite their use of the Red Crescent emblem, which is protected by international humanitarian law.
as if it was not obvious what they had done, but it is becoming official.

The president should “take action in response” to the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, Van Hollen said in his Monday remarks. He also said Biden “must demand” that the government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “immediately allow more food and water and other life-saving supplies into Gaza.”

“And make sure it reaches the children and other people who are starving,” Van Hollen continued.

Van Hollen is also the lead sponsor of a proposed amendment that would tie aid to Israel with humanitarian aid delivery in Gaza.

In the UK the so called moderate Labour Party leader Keir Starmer has already sacked
two candidates to become MPs, to preserve his pro-Israeli position with the right wing.

Moderator Action: Antagonistic posts deleted.

oh ffs for 30 years I supported Israel. I'm very fudging familiar with the talking points of both sides. Now I call it as I see it, Israel never had any intention of actually running a democracy. Their entire project is based on the 19th Century Colonial apartheid models. They pretty openly admit this now and thus I've given up my support. It's a disgusting project that lacks any self-awareness of the hypocrisy of its very existence. Your unquestioning support of genocidal governments is disgusting.
When you write that you are familiar with the talking points of both sides, how do you reflect that there are not arabian democracies? You blame Israeli to be not perfect in something what is completely hated in the region. Its reasonable to think that there will be much more victims and injustice when the all jews would be triumphantly exterminated and Palestine would become like Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq or Yemen.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you write that you are familiar with the talking points of both sides, how do you reflect that there are not arabian democracies? You blame Israeli to be not perfect in something what is completely hated in the region. Its reasonable think that there will be much more victims and injustice when the all jews would be triumphantly exterminated and Palestine would become like Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq or Yemen.
Did South Africa cease to exist when apartheid ended?

Did South Africa cease to exist when apartheid ended?

The big difference is that in South Africa the whites saw the writing on the wall. By all the signs Israel will never reform itself peacefully and will have to be militarily destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom