[RD] Hamas/Israeli War News One: Hostages and Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamas, which rejects Israel's right to exist and is committed to its destruction, is much more than just a military force. It's a political movement with financial support extending well beyond Gaza.
Israel which rejects Hamas' right to exist and is committed to its destruction, is much more than just a military force. It's a political movement with financial support extending well beyond its borders..

In civ you can just burn down the city and then you don’t get unrest penalties

Its like in rpg, when you have already made some progress some options are greyed out.

Remember you're saying this about an ongoing genocide, what's happening with you? Why are you sacrificing your dignity for a demonstrably terrible country

Although I personally don't see it, I want to hope that people who support Israel currently (I mean on CFC, where being covertly involved would make zero sense) do have (in their mind) valid reasons, and that those reasons are not negative (ie not just some callous calculation etc).
Obviously it is difficult for one to entertain positions they are diametrically opposed to, but it shouldn't have to mean there's no merit.

It would be less humiliating if zionist posters on here were paid by Hasbara. But no, you are all doing this for free! You are debasing yourselves, for what?

It would be less humiliating if zionist posters on here were paid by Hasbara. But no, you are all doing this for free! You are debasing yourselves, for what?

More pointing out the problems inherent over there. Peace is functionally impossible imho. They're basically trapped in a cycle of violence the hate and fear builds up and we see the results.

And it's been going since 1948 or earlier.

More pointing out the problems inherent over there. Peace is functionally impossible imho. They're basically trapped in a cycle of violence the hate and fear builds up and we see the results.

And it's been going since 1948 or earlier.

You're not pointing out problems. You're claiming the problems are unfixable. Thats advocating a course of action.

You're not pointing out problems. You're claiming the problems are unfixable. Thats advocating a course of action.

Ideally I think a two state solution of some kind. Then 2 or 3 generations down the line maybe 1 state. Let the old guard die out.

How to get there shrug.

The problems are unfixable at the moment. Both sides should be willing to negotiate a mutually acceptable solution but that ain't happening and doesn't look likely to happen in the foreseeable future. Maybe some people will criticise me for being too negative but tell me where I'm wrong.

Liberals, yes. Like Joe Biden.
Joe Biden is a politician without principles.

A lot of the Israeli supporters in this thread are self-proclaimed centrists. Which just means they're right-wingers who want to avoid the stigma.

Joe Biden is a politician without principles.

A lot of the Israeli supporters in this thread are self-proclaimed centrists. Which just means they're right-wingers who want to avoid the stigma.

When you're far left, everything different from your opinion looks right-wing to you.

When you're far left, everything different from your opinion looks right-wing to you.

Its more that you can get odd, conflicting mixes. In previous centuries I'd be sure there were slaveholding democrats and abolitionist monarchists.

Actually, the in-group/out-group handling behaviour is a fairly good test here. If you think you're a centrist, but not towards "enemy civilians", "enemy" civilians, or enemy "civilians", are you really a centrist?

Its more that you can get odd, conflicting mixes. In previous centuries I'd be sure there were slaveholding democrats and abolitionist monarchists.

Actually, the in-group/out-group handling behaviour is a fairly good test here. If you think you're a centrist, but not towards "enemy civilians", "enemy" civilians, or enemy "civilians", are you really a centrist?

Works the other way too. So many self-proclaimed liberals here would like to see the most liberal country in ME destroyed in favour of religious dictatorship that would murder them, if given the chance, and support actions leading to more genocide in the future rather than trying to encourage some sort of compromise that would allow them to live side by side...

The Israeli government is far-right, buddy. Both US parties are comfortably right-wing by most European estimates, and if you support this grouping all for the sake of preserving "peace" in the Middle East, as tens of thousands of civilians die, yeah, maybe you're not as centrist as you think you are.

I'm simply stating reality.
Works the other way too. So many self-proclaimed liberals here would like to see the most liberal country in ME destroyed in favour of religious dictatorship that would murder them, if given the chance, and support actions leading to more genocide in the future rather than trying to encourage some sort of compromise that would allow them to live side by side...
When a country is the "most liberal", but practises a second class of citizenry, as well as intentionally carries out murders of civilians in neighbouring countries . . . maybe they're not liberal at all, and shouldn't get any benefit of the phrase, even by comparison?

Just a thought.

Ah yes, a good centrist who desires compromise and coexistence... by continuing to arm the genocidal state of Israel.
Moderator Action: Warned for trolling. The_J

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom