HBO Game of Thrones, Season 2

Ygritte look cuter than I imagined.

really? I imagined her as really hot... (or is that just my perverted mind? :p)
Saw this at my local nerd bookstore a few days ago, so it's out.
/remembers he needs to visit the bookstore :facepalm:

Yeah, I think the release date was the 18th.

Ygritte is nineteen, and described as short for her age, skinny but well-muscled, with a round face, small hands, a pug nose, and crooked white teeth.

apparently my mind is stronger than my reading abilities :mischief:

Regarding Ygritte, I'm glad they didn't made her medieval "I'm nomading through vast lands of ice and snow against dangerous beasts and white walkers"-realistic. The Cast is already way too beautiful generally, so it doesn't really matter really. Plus, it's not really part of her character like it is with Brienne. What matters about Ygritte is that she is fierce and says "You Know Nothing" a lot. ;)

@leifmk Did you catch what the gift/preview chapter of TWOW was when you were at the bookstore? I heard that it is a different one from the christmas present (Theon).

@Murky Yes this season is Clash of Kings, and most probably seasons 3 and 4 will cover Storm of Swords. Though the producers have stated that they are not going strictly by book but will split and change around storylines, which indicates to me that ...

Spoiler :
we will meet the Reeds and Reek in season 3 - the Winterfell storyline could end anywhere and that Jaime and Brienne will perhaps escape earlier together.

I'm kind of interested in getting into this series. Anyone have a good suggestion for where to start?

I think you should start at the beginning.

I'm kind of interested in getting into this series. Anyone have a good suggestion for where to start?

With the books.

Vote: mayor for suggesting otherwise.

So is this season just covering "A Clash of Kings?"

Yes. Possibly with some bleedover at the edges (some stuff from early in book 2 made it into the end of season one).

Of all the the books in the series "A Storm of Swords" is probably my favorite. That looks a ways off, though.

Allegedly going to be split into two seasons, presumably using you-know-what as a cliffhanger. At which point I'm looking forward to following various forum threads full of people who haven't read the books, it's going to be hilarious.

With the books.

Vote: mayor for suggesting otherwise.

well, actually I suggested to start at the beginning. The ASoIaF hype began with the books ergo I suggested to start with the books.

I'd start with the Series. The series is naturally more superficial so by the time you read the books, you still learn more, whereas if you see the tv series later, you critique their adaption. Also, the visuals are just very stunning.

In the end, it doesn't really matter ;)

It also depends on whether you want to imagine the actors as their characters while reading the novels. I watched the show first, and all the characters took the appearance as their actors when it came time to read the novel.

Exactly. Personally I like to imagine things on my own first, so I would start with the books. But I also advise people to read the Silmarillion before Lord of the Rings, so take that with a grain of salt.

My imagination sucks and when I started reading the books a month ago I was glad there were the trailers for season 2 with Stannis, Melisandre, Davos etc.. I know they do not look exactly the way they are described or even totally different but they are much better than the poor images in my head would be and I also like the prettyfication for TV.

My imagination has an in-built prettification mode. I was apparently the only person who was not surprised by the show's characters' looks :mischief:

I've been wanting to make this poster for a long time!
And before anyone steals the idea, the next one shall be: "Thus he saw the violence inherent to the system!"

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 741
Nice one, Yeekim. It reminds me that the ones I want to see winning the Game of Thrones are the non-noble people. A popular revolution and a constitution, oh and of course no white walker ;)

Anyways, since I didn't see it posted yet, here's the absolute best recap of season 1 to warm you up for season 2. (even I have to wait a little bit more to watch it ;))

Link to video.

Watched 'The North Remembers' this morning. Thoughts below...

Spoiler :

Liked:
- The Littlefinger and Cersei scene. I think it will set up Littlefinger leaving the capital nicely.
- Stannis. Jury's still out on Davos and Mel for me. The main problem is that I've always pictured Davos as being Iain Glen like, but I think having him play two roles would have been confusing.
- The additions to the credits. Dragonstone! Bronn, Sam are Varys main characters with sygils!
- Dany's bloodriders. Rakharo apparantly has a twin brother named Rakaro; that or someone goofed when subtitling the Dothraki dialogue.
- The entire Joff's nameday scene.
- The white Raven
- Dolorous Edd
- The blantantly obvious segue set ups.

Not so fond of:
- The rest of the Dragonstone scene. Maester Cressen appearing to drown on wine was particularly knaff.
- The Jaime scene. Felt very shoehorned in. I'm not entirely sure what they plan to do with Jaime for the rest of the season.
- Shae.
- Some of the clunky exposition. Violent amnesia victim Joer Mormont springs to mind... ('Who am I')

Just started watching, but I had to pause and express my disapprovement about the first scene:
There's no 'manhood obscenely flapping in the wind'.
They are ruining the show.

Just started watching, but I had to pause and express my disapprovement about the first scene:
There's no 'manhood obscenely flapping in the wind'.
They are ruining the show.

Haven't watched it yet, so I didn't look below the spoilers. but wtf. The first scene is Stannis and Maester Cressen and Melisandre. Who's manhood are you talking about?

Well, I gotta watch it I guess, but you know, some people work during the day ;)

Top Bottom