Hearts of Iron II German AAR - Written by the Victors

Reviewing the latest intelligence and official broadcasts, it can be confirmed that Japan has attacked the Hawain naval base Pearl Harbor. There is no data on how many ships got hit, but it seems the airstrike managed to take out at least a couple of battleships.

Japan has also officially declared war on the British Empire (and in turn, the rest of the Allies) and the Netherlands - it's pretty safe to say that their intentions are to seize control of the Pacific region.

I intend to officially declare full neutrality in this conflict, as well as condemn the Japanese surprise attack. If all goes well, that may be enough to keep the United States off our back for the time being.

PrinceScamp said:
How lnog does this game last? it would be fun to have the states as the last remaining allie and when they have 80% of their troops in the pacific... hit them from the east!

Game lasts until the end of 1947 or 1948, I forget which. There is a mod that allows you to play further which I thought I had installed, but apparently not.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: I got 1860's and 1950's mixed up because it wasn't actually a state till 1958... The Russians might be getting cozy with the American's though...

or we could ally with the us mwhahahahahahaha. what are the troop numbers for germany and russia now?

edit i belive its 48

November 18th, 1941

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."
-Attributed to Admiral Yamamoto

The Arizona

It was presumed that the Japanese attack was designed to end American ambitions in the Pacific - to give such a show of strength that the US would come to the table for negotiations. In this, it had failed.

For two days following Pearl Harbor, the German Council of Doom waited nervously for America’s next move. The Emperor’s message to President Roosevelt had, as expected, been ignored, but it was hoped it would do enough to prevent America entering the Allied powers.

It had. On the 17th of November, Congress voted the formation of an American-Dutch alliance, along with the Philippines and Liberia - both American colonies. It meant that both sides could combine their Pacific forces against Japan.

For Roosevelt, it was the safest option. American public opinion meant that none wanted a war in Europe - especially against an enemy which had done them no harm and, indeed, were winning a war against the communists. For the Netherlands, it guaranteed their safety in Europe, as there was now no chance Germany would chance a war on the Dutch if it meant bringing in the United States against them. While the Council breathed a sigh of relief, it was obvious the entire criss-crossing of alliance meant stability was balanced on a knife-edge…

This may be my last update for a few days - busy busy busy. Hopefully yesterdays influx will have made up for that

*the collective sigh of relief from the council is heard all the way down the hallway through closed doors...*

Fheww... That's good. No updates? Oh, sucky. Well, at least this slew has been fun.

The Balkans.
well i'm in africka but i still offer my ideas and ask questions.

Oh what can I say, I love you guys (as does the Scottish weather, apparently :p )

November 18th 1941 - January 1st, 1942

"There are no atheists in foxholes" isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes.

~James Morrow

The last two months of 1941 saw the entire German army in the east dig in and fortify their positions. Winter had fully set in by the beginning of November, and there were more pressing things on the soldiers minds than launching attacks - like how to eat your soup in thirty seconds flat before it went cold.

Some troops had the pleasure of movement though, and had the more pleasurable experience of getting train journeys further south, where Field Marshall von Kleist was planning next years offensive. Problems were already being seen - it seemed impossible to take Stalingrad and the Caucasus without severely stretching the entire front, or without drawing more troops from the north, which would severely stretch their front.

Emperor Kan countered this by stepping up negotiations with the Finns, and by the end of the year it seemed that they were keen to assist the Germans on an attack on Russia - it had been two years since the Winter War, and they still had bitter memories about it.

Worldwide, the only major news story was, of course, the Japanese attack on the United States and the Allies. However, despite the intense reaction in November, nothing seemed to have come of it. Japan didn’t follow up on her attack with invasions of Pacific holdings, instead concentrating on Indochina and threatening British-controlled India.

Regardless, as 1941 drew to a close it was clear who the current leader in world events was. Germany was striding ahead with sheer strength and technology - rumour had it that the new top secret facility being constructed near Potsdam was no ordinary power plant…

Germany at the New Year

Council of Doom New Year ‘42 Session

Germany’s forces:

Ground Forces are not only unrepentantly top of the chart, but well ahead of the Soviet Union! The summer campaign has obviously gone better than expected, and dealt the fatal strike. 1942 will be the finishing blow.

Naval Forces are, as ever, non-existent. However Cleric has my assurances that 1942 will be the year we lay down the keels of our first aircraft carriers, and that at all times we will be researching something related to the Kriegsmarine.

It is interesting to see that Japan is so weak compared to the US in naval strength, I believe their attack may have been a mistake.

Air Forces reign supreme, though Britain has rebuilt her own forces back up (indeed, the western front is feeling that now). However we are researching new fighter designs, and I suppose it is about time we began the development of proper strategic bombers. And for those interested, the Soviets are down to 4 tactical bomber squadrons.

well this should be even easier now that we have more than 100 more divisions than the soviets (hows the morale i suppose pretty good for the eastern front?)

what new units are being shipped to russia if any (do the current troops need reinforcements?). and how many months for new tank and missle tech.?

IronMan2055 said:
what new units are being shipped to russia if any (do the current troops need reinforcements?). and how many months for new tank and missle tech.?

Panzer Divisions are being upgraded to Mark IV's at the moment, and I'm developing heavy tanks that come as brigades (they attach to divisions, rather than being seperate) to save manpower. No new units are being sent to the Russian front.

Research is working on V2 missiles.

Mwhahahahahahahahaha umm i'd have a evil laughing flame head but i'm not at home and i don't want to load the normal reply area any way again what does the rest of africka besides the north look like?

Holy crap! Your doing a hell of alot better than I expected! Capturing all of Moscow, Ukraine AND Leningrad in '42! Wow!

Top Bottom