Help with AMINAME_PRTO

horsematrix

HE WHO SPEAKS TO HORSES
I am having problems with putting units in to civ3 ptw i have read the tutorials for AMINAME and have done everything right however i keep having problems with adding units i am trying to add units to an altered map of the TETurkahn test of time map and it keeps saying problem reading unit then states where the problem is however i have altered the pediaicons right can anyone help please?

I used to have a huge problem with this... and I figured out my problem a few hours ago. It was that I wrote "longboat" instead of "longship".

Anyway, problems could be:

1) Your scenario search folder doesn't go to the folder containing the PediaIcons .txt file.
2) You misspelled something, somewhere.
3) God hates you.

More information or posting this in the modding forums would help though.

Plotinus said:
You'll have problems if you call it AMINAME. It's ANIMNAME!
I have it written right in my pedia icon i just forgot while i was in the forum :lol: but thanks for posting and trying to help I've been working on some and the game said that instead of ANIMNAME_PRTO_Unit It showed that ANIMNAME_#PRTO_UNIT.Which may not be exactley what it said but the point is that a # sign was missing.The only problem now is a lot of units AMINAME mysteriously dissapeared which i'm adding them now bit by bit and the forum that had help about it has really helped.However anymore comments are welcomed and once again thanks to everyone for the help it's appreciated I just don't have much time to get online or mess with civ.:D

thanks spacer one and marine corps i downloaded the program and i'm going to try it out now hopefully it does i'm tired of being aggervated :lol:

Do it by hand and learn on your own, as I did! Just Wordpad and your balls! it ain´t fair to use a program... a geas on you!

I concour with Takaiahwhoosiwhutahumnawhutevergivemeallyourgold,scalliwag.

Goldflush said:
I concour with Takaiahwhoosiwhutahumnawhutevergivemeallyourgold,s calliwag.
As Tyler Brock said once: "sometime I be venged, and when i be venged, ye´ll all be thrown into ruin..."

MarineCorps said:
I used the program and it helped thanks MarineCorps it helped out and everything works great now however everything looks just like it did when i wrote it by hand :confused: who knows what i did wrong all i know is that it's fixed now so thanks to all for the suggestions and the help and for the Goldflash i don't know what you were drinking but please share some........:lol:

Well, spaces and other stuff, like invisible signs, are tricky. that´s why I sometimes use MSWord '97 , 'cos it can show hidden characters.

If you come around to my place I´ll show you... it´s awesome what MSWord can display sometimes...

Top Bottom