hidden nationality, any got it?

It works, it just doesn't do what people expect it to. It just changes the visual owner of the unit to the Barbs. You'll still need the promotion that allows you to enter enemy lands if you want to sneak about, and you'll still have to declare war if you want to ambush a unit

If you own the unit, you won't see any change. Other human/AI player units with the promotion will appear as barbs to you.

I didn't dig into the code that far, as it's a half-hearted attempt at something that got ditched along the way. Easiest way to find out is to use FireTuner to set up a situation and see what the AI does - give the AI a destroyer and you a "hidden" trireme. The AI will definitely go for those odds of success!

@whoward69
could you possibly address this in your Dll. mod?

I actually started looking at this, as I wanted a unit that could ambush enemy units by appearing as Barbs and also wanted to keep acquired Barb units (actually CivBE Alien units if we ever get that source code) appearing as barbs but under player control.

The problem is that the C++ code doesn't use best practice getter/setter techniques for class data, but directly accesses the variables. Which results in several hundred (over 300 IIRC) minor changes across many files before you can even start looking at more complex logic (basically, instead of a single GetOwner() method you need a GetRealOwner() method and an alternative GetOwner(TeamTypes iAskingTeam) method. You can't use a single overloaded method, as that would confuse the Lua API, and you also need to rewrite bits of the Lua UI as well)

TL;DR; Basically the vast numbers of changes make it a maintenance/integration nightmare, and I gave up.

But then I said that once about Unified Yields ...

Top Bottom