Historical saves in a sequential pitboss

Another question from the Inquistive Idiot.

Given that several people could log into the game and do stuff, how does one person log out and not end the turn?

And somewhat related: If someone else has logged in earlier, is there a way for the current person to know that fact?

pg: That's certainly true enough, though having been at the wrong end of accusations thrown around in the Civ3 MTDG for exactly this kind of thing I would prefer if it wasn't possible at all. I'm sure no team would actually use it to cheat, but just the possibility could mean bad blood, as witnessed before. :sad:

Given that several people could log into the game and do stuff, how does one person log out and not end the turn?
Exit to Main Menu without clicking on the End Turn marker. Couldn't be simpler. :)
And somewhat related: If someone else has logged in earlier, is there a way for the current person to know that fact?
There is a tool called Civstat that can keep track of that. Though it would probably be good for each team to have a thread in their forum where they post their intention to log in, and when they have logged out again.

Since we are discussing how pitboss works before the game kicks off I have another question:

Can teams log onto pitboss and make all of their moves and then just wait for the timer to automatically end the turn? Would the player actions be saved?

Granted that the following team might be chomping at the bit and hoping that the team before them won't take all 24 hours. But I can see how using the timer to automatically end the turn would make teams feel more comfortable with multiple people logging on- there wouldn't be the stress about missing a turn.

Can teams log onto pitboss and make all of their moves and then just wait for the timer to automatically end the turn? Would the player actions be saved?
Yes, all the player actions would be saved. However, I can't see why any team would want to do this. If you've played all your moves, then end the turn - otherwise it's just irritating waiting for a full 24 hours every time when it could be about 6 or 8. And since anyone who wants to can log into the game, even when it's not their team's turn, then there's absolutely no reason for a team to drag their feet and force their turn to last the full 24 hours - especially in the early game.

And since anyone who wants to can log into the game, even when it's not their team's turn...
Oh?

:eek:

I did not know that was possible.

But what could you do?

But what could you do?
Nothing of significance. You can rearrange build queues and research queues for the upcoming turns, but you can't make any moves or do any slaving or anything like that. Basically, outside of your turn, logging into the game will only let you observe what's going on, not participate in it. (Which is of course fair - it would defeat the point of sequential turns if you could slave defenders when it wasn't your turn, and so on.)

From my experience of Pitboss,while Simultaneous:
The possibility to log in when it's not our turn is a very important one,mostly when there are partners from Europe,America and South Islands.
One can see the game and post about and propose the next moves. It always works well, but to war things when war is running or very close.
And have two players to play the turn is usually a good idea: let builders and warmongers do what they know better.
Best regards,

Top Bottom