HOF Mod to be made compulsory.

Finished GOTM 12 and went to save the turn after victory ... found a file was already there with title format abc_def_ghi_ etc. and the turn date of the turn after victory. The three letter units apperar to be leader, diff level, map size, and similar information. I assume that the HOF mod automatically generates this.

Just to be sure, I also made my own save using my usual naming convention.

For purposes of upload to GOTM, do you want the automatically created file to be uploaded (assuming that I am right about what that is?)?

Or is this something that pertains only to non GOTM uses of HOF mod?

dV

addendum/edit: It looks like the mod generates one of these files at the end of each session, not just at the victory (I had played through without exiting the game). Is there any requirement in GOTM that when you start a session, you must load the HOF generated save file, as opposed to one you generated yourself?

Or maybe the mod save generation is only being triggered in the GOTM game, as I don't recall getting those playing the practice maps in .008

Or maybe that is something that I turned on in options (I pretty much activated everything)?

dV

edit 2: Own question answered. I think I turned the save on exit on for the GOTM, but had not for the test games.

So I am guessing that the GOTM upload does NOT have to be the save on exit format for the name.

dV

As a non-mod player, I think I might speak for the majority of GOTM players. I will install the Mod to play GOTM/WOTM and SGOTM but I don't really like messing about too much as I like the game not modding.

Anyway, I don't understand what Vanilla means at all so why is it there?:confused: Why dont you just have HoF mod and Warlords HoF mod? Seems simple to me.

Anyway it's not too much of an issue as long as you tell people to download the Vanilla Mod not HoF Vxxxxxx. I pretty much guessed I had the right file when I saw the name was correct.

Just giving you some useful "general user" feedback, really appreciate what you guys do!:goodjob:

The mod we are using is the Hall of Fame mod, hence the name.

On the Hall of Fame (HoF) download page, available here: http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php there are two choice:

1) Civ4 Vanilla - Download
Version 1.61.008

or

2) Civ4 Warlords - Download

Version 2.00.002

Given that there are two choice, it would seem easy to select the correct one.

Given that the level of the game is given in the mod version name, it would also seem that easy to select the appropriate mod for the two games, "Civilization IV" (which is v1.61) and "Civilization IV Warlords" (which is v2.00).

NB, there is no HoF version listed for Civilization IV Warlords v2.08 yet.

da_Vinci said:
Or maybe that is something that I turned on in options (I pretty much activated everything)?

dV

edit 2: Own question answered. I think I turned the save on exit on for the GOTM, but had not for the test games.

So I am guessing that the GOTM upload does NOT have to be the save on exit format for the name.

dV
t shouldn't matter which save you submit. The one created by "Save on Exit" is probably the easiest one, simply because you don't have to remember to create it.

johnpaulcain said:
Anyway, I don't understand what Vanilla means at all so why is it there?:confused:
I guess I'm used to the term, being a software developer! In case it's not widely known (which is probably the case), here's a quote from wikipedia:
Software is described as "Vanilla" when it not customized from its delivered form - i.e. it is used by a business without any customizations applied to it.
Of course, this means that unmodded Civ 4 Warlords is also vanilla software :p

See my response in the other thread. Please don't ask the same question in two different threads, and please read the game release page. It's all spelt out there.

Top Bottom