Homeworld2 ship graphics (Final Frontier)

Phaedris

Chieftain
These are ships converted from Homeworld 2.
I've replaced most of the original Final Frontier ships with Homeworld 2 equivalents.
All ships are team colourable.
To install simply extract the contents of the .7z to your Final Frontier mod directory.
I may make a pack that includes more ships in the future or ships from the original Homeworld.

Pack includes:

Hiigaran:
Hiigaran Battlecruiser
Hiigaran Flak Frigate
Hiigaran Destroyer
Hiigaran Carrier
Hiigaran Interceptor
Hiigaran Bomber

Vaygr:
Vaygr Flagship
Vaygr Assault Frigate
Vaygr Command Station

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11950

Very nice job!! They are deffinetly going into the FF mod I am making. I am assuming that the blue patches are team color. If not, could you make it team color?

EDIT: I should probably read the opening post before asking if their is team color.

Looking very good. A bit too much team color maybe for my taste, but overall still excellent :)

I agree that the team color is a bit to much. But that is becouse those models are skined that way in HW2. I am having similar isues when extracting models from DOW, but in that case, the models arent TC at all.
I would love to see a reskin of those to something a bit more neat, but great work on the extraction non the less. Keep up the good work. Could you also do the models from HW1?
PS. Are they riged with any animation?

The reason they have so much of one team colour on them is because in homeworld they use two colours to break it up abit but Civ4 only allows one team colour.
I kind of like them having alot of colour.
They just use the normal Final Frontier effects at the moment might be interesting to have them use Homeworld effects and animations.
I was thinking of extracting the Turanic Raider ships from homeworld and using them for the space pirates.
And maybe making some civs use Vaygr ships and others to use Homeworld style ships like the Taiidan.

I agree with there being a bit to much team color, but if it due to the game it came from, it is fine.

The download link isn't working I think its down to me editing the description, and now its in the moderation queue.
Here's a link that can be used for the time being until the problem is fixed.

:LINK REMOVED:

Use the link in the first post

Edit:
Oh and tell me if it all works ok

Seems like the download link at civfanatics is working again :)
I'll remove the RS link as theres no need for it anymore.

Hi Phaedris, these ship models look great for incorporating into our B5 mod.

Were you aware that some B5 Mods have been done for Homeworld 2 if you are aware, could you possibly convert the models for those mods into something we could use on our B5 mod?

Is this the MOD you are talking about ?
They seem to be making one for Homeworld 2 but not much has being released would the ships from Homeworld do?

Yes this is one of the mods. As you can see there are also other mods besides the Narn/Centauri war. If we could get all of these ship models converted to Civ IV format all our problems with the B5 mod would be over. If you have the time and interest to convert these you would get full credits, along with the original authors of the Homeworld mod.

The Ships from Homeworld will be useful where we have races that have no specific ships seen in the Babylon 5 universe.

Top Bottom